St Mary-Basha Catholic School 2

Posted August 31, 2015
The new cup rule they have is treating all the children like first graders! I understand it gets loud in the cafeteria but they could find some other way of telling them rather then putting plastic colored cups on the table! my child and her friends got a red cup for laughing! yes it may be loud but you could ask them to quiet down before taking away the whole lunch periods tally mark towards free dress! also there is way too much drama going on! those girls are vicious!!

Posted August 11, 2015
As an outside volunteer, and w 35+ years in public education, I find this school vibrant and refreshing. The things criticized by several on this comment area is very typical of disgruntled families that object to change . The principal is more than accessible and faculty well qualified. Every private or parochial school needs the financial and moral support of its population. . To all the negative responses, there is a long history of positive accolades. At the very least, here you get your monies worth and a great education with a moral compass.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 18, 2015
My child had no respect for anything from this school. He wouldn't talk to people, he wouldn't say hello to people, he wouldn't even talk to his family members with respect. But now that we have left this school, he is such a gentleman now

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 18, 2015
There is absolutely no compassing, caring, and empathy at this school. The principal of all people, who should be setting a great example, shows no compassion to students who have had hard times in their life. Even students who are in counseling for special reasons, she doesn't care about. It is unbelivable the amount of compassion this school doesn't show.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 18, 2015
The school absolutely does not develop honesty, integrity, and fairness in the students. From my experience, my child lied all the time at this school. He would come home and lie about what was happening in class. We have switched schools now and my child doesn't lie anymore. And the fairness is just beyond wrong. Kids who aren't doing anything wrong get in trouble and kids who are don't get in trouble. It doesn't make sense.

St Mary-Basha Catholic School 1

Posted July 18, 2015
Ever since the new principal has come to this school, it has gone downhill. The new principal has no idea what she's doing. She does NOT know how to run a school, and more families keep leaving. She doesn't care about the students and she doesn't care about the families. If there is a problem, she doesn't fix it, she just makes it worse and more frustrating. She doesn't stop bullying; on the contrary, kids who are being bullied get in trouble and not the kids who are the bullies. In my opinion, just look over this school. There is absolutely no compassion shown here. There are plenty of other more caring and loving and most of all, Catholic schools here in the Phoenix Area.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 18, 2015
Some teachers here are great and have been here for years! And some teachers don't know what they are doing and are very communicative with the parents and students.

Posted June 11, 2015
I am a former student of St. Mary Basha. I went to this school from Kindergarten until fifth grade. I was two years ahead academically than my classmates at the school I transferred to halfway across the country. I have carried with me my faith, friends and the want to challenge myself in order to reach my full potential. I found the staff, parent support, administration, clergy, and the student body to be fantastically loving and supporting.

Posted May 18, 2015
St. Mary-Basha Catholic School (SMB) is the school from the Chandler area that prepares students for challenging, private high schools in the valley - other Catholic Schools and Charter/Public School Students struggle in comparison to SMB students. I am not surprised by some of the comments from the 1-star disgruntled Parents, many have not embraced change from the new Principal. The new principal is, also like the previous, of the Consecrated Life but from a different order and has made many great changes: and increased priority to Catholic Identity, improvements to the middle school Math program, and a no nonsense policy to behavioral and/or dawdling academic performance from students. And more positive changes are coming that are strengthening the community, technology, and academic resources.

St Mary-Basha Catholic School 1

Posted March 24, 2015
This school was very disappointing for me and my children. This school went down ever since the new principal was put into place. If you ever have a problem, she will show no compassion for you or your child. One thing done well is the Eaglethon, for the most part it is quite fun, however, that does not make this a great school. One day my child told me that they were not even allowed to talk in the bathroom? The junior high teachers are average but are given lots of "busy-work" but an overall well preparation for high school. The Spanish program could not be more of a joke... Last year, I hear there were 5 different teachers? I asked my children if they had learned anything and they said we don't do anything. It's not only the Spanish program that isn't impressive here, the math program is quite disappointing. My child was not prepared for High School math at all. Yes, SMB is implementing their new math program called Singapore Math which is supposed to be better, but some of the teachers doesn't even know how to teach the new material. Please consider other catholic schools above this one, it does get you child ready for high school, but you would be much better somewhere else.

200 West Galveston Street, Chandler, AZ  85225
Last modified St Mary-Basha Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Mary-Basha Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top