Chandler, AZ

St Mary-Basha Catholic School 2

Posted November 16, 2014
I also find it interesting that a number of positive reviews came all about the same time! This school has some wonderful, highly educated, dedicated teachers! The teachers truly care about the kids and offer them their time and expertise. The administration has changed in the last couple of years and it's beginning to negatively impact the school. The new principal has made a number of errors, from handling behavior issues with the children, to implementing new uniform changes rather poorly. Her approach can be very one-sided and abrupt, meetings are made when the principal says so without any common courtesy as to your schedule. The front office staff , which I understand is somewhat new, is rather abrupt on the phone and unprofessional. Yes, there are alot of parent volunteers which is wonderful, but they aren't always treated with kindness or appreciated by the administration. We have been at this school for over 5 years and overall it's just a shame to see the school administration go downhill, when there are such great teachers!!

Posted November 10, 2014
This is an excellent school. We are celebrating 70 years of service to our community - not many schools in our area can make that kind of claim. All our kids have flourished both spiritually and academically at St. Mary Basha. The school's principal, Sister Thelma is a highly educated, caring, forward-thinking and experienced leader. In the short time she has been there, she has created a lot of good change - our technology systems are better than ever, the facilities continue to improve, the curriculum is challenging and the children's faith is strong. She encourages each child to embrace their potential, she supports the staff and is always available to talk if you need her. The school work is tough but the teachers are always willing to help. The parents are amazing and together we create a warm and welcoming environment to all who attend. If you are considering Catholic school, give St. Mary's a chance. Look into the scholarship programs, there is financial assistance available. There's plenty of after school clubs and sports too.

St Mary-Basha Catholic School 1

Posted October 26, 2014
I find it interesting how a lot of 5 star reviews happened in the same week after some 1 star reviews. I rate this school 1 star because I cant rate it 0 stars. The school has gone so downhill since the new principal has been in place. Here are some things to expect if you send your children here... 1. Be expected to donate to the Eaglethon fundraiser. Even if you are in financal need. (Because the principal is all about the money) 2. If your child does something wrong, expect the principal to overreact. (Trust me, its happened more than once) 3. If you have girls, dont buy fancy bows and headbands because (like a military school) you cant have colorful bows and headbands. The only color the headbands can be are white, black, navy blue, or gray. Make sure its not too big too. For boys and girls, dont buy colorful and fun jackets, because they can only be white, black, navy blue, or gray with logos no bigger than 2 inches. Sounds like a military school doesnt it. Overall, the principal is all about the money and she is incompassion to children. If you want your children to be happy, or if you cant donate money to the school, dont send your children here.

Posted September 30, 2014
My children have been here since 2008. The school is like many other schools; I can't tell you that its perfect. However, I can tell you that all of the teachers that we've had are very hard workers, and are dedicated to helping the students. Sister Mary Thelma (Principal) and all of the teachers are very accessible. The Catholic faith is a central part to the school's daily routine. There are many parents who volunteer their time in many different ways. There are so many wonderful families. We have found most students and families to be very nice and welcoming. When we started Sister Mary Norbert was still Principal. Yes, there have been some changes since she left, some of which I would not have chosen (dress code), but they have not negatively affected the quality of the school. Since Sister Mary Thelma started, I have only seen an increase in quality - teachers working harder, more families volunteering, facility upgrades, etc. My family feels very blessed to be a part of the St. Mary Basha community!

St Mary-Basha Catholic School 4

Posted September 18, 2014
My kids have been going to St. Mary-Basha for 7 years. I could not be happier with the school. The school leadership does an excellent job striking a balance between challenging them and encouraging them and our faith is included throughout. St. Mary-Bahsa is helping us to form our children into people who are kind, accountable, and well-prepared for high-school and beyond.

Posted September 17, 2014
My daughter completed K-8 here and our other child currently attends SMB. After visiting other schools public, private, and charter this was the one and only choice. They receive a top education and the teachers work very closely with the parents especially when your child has difficulties in school like one of ours did. They truly care and the principal is very accessible. They really value behavior and service which is something that no other school I looked into provided. Tuition can be high for those who cannot afford it but there are other ways to make it work. Education is a commodity - you get out of it what you put into it. If parents are involved, participate actively in their child's education and do not leave it up to the teachers to do everything, you will reap exponential rewards.

Posted September 17, 2014
My husband and I were very nervous about choosing the right school for our children. We decided to send them to St. Mary-Basha Catholic school and are so happy we did. We have been at St. Mary's now for three years. Although the school looks a little out dated and rough around the edges, it is filled with EXCELLENT teachers, wonderful staff and an amazing network of parents and families. The education the children receive is exceptional. The parent involvement is awesome! I love and appreciate that Christ is the focus and all lessons center around our faith. SMB prepares students to excel in high school as well in life.

Posted September 15, 2014
This school has brought so many blessings for my family, 6years and counting! All teachers and staff, centered on Religious Sister as the principal(which is such a blessing as it is becoming more rare to find a religious as a principal), are caring and committed to building and forming each child's core foundation, spiritually, physically and academically. Every morning, entire student body begins with morning prayer together on Mary's garden, centering the students on Jesus, virtues, and service for others! We are so proud and blessed to be a part of this wonderful, high performing, Catholic school!

St Mary-Basha Catholic School 1

Posted July 31, 2014
With this new principal, the school has changed. I totally agree with the post on July 27th. If Sister Mary Norbert came back to the school now, she would be very disappointed. In my opinion, the new principal only wants to change everything Sister Mary Norbert did. Examples are, the new principal changed the logo that Sister Mary Norbert made and the dress code. Girls cant have any colorful hair decorations anymore; such as, colorful flowers and colorful headband. This school is starting to sound like a military school.

Posted July 23, 2014
This school is outstanding. My children have gone here for 9 years and I couldn't be happier. Their teachers are dedicated professionals. The students are caring and motivated. The parents are involved and supportive. They have the top test scores in the Diocese. We are so glad our children go here!

St Mary-Basha Catholic School
200 West Galveston Street, Chandler, AZ  85225
Last modified St Mary-Basha Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Mary-Basha Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top