No rating

St. Mary-Basha Catholic School

Private | K-8

Living in Chandler

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Sweep tile

Posted April 10, 2014

This school was a nightmare especially during catholic schools week. (Yep) in fact, for the last few years, the worst conflict has happened during catholic schools week. (Who would like to experience that?) in 5th grade, my teacher actually didn't like me for a week?? Umm... Something's wrong... in 6th grade, i didn't like how my classmates were behaving and the teacher thinks i'm doing all of it?? And in 7th grade the new principle omg made the worst decision i could imagine just for one little mistake... . If you are like me, there is no hope in this school... If you try to go to this school, you have to be careful around the principal as she may look like a nice person, but in fact she is not...

Posted February 6, 2014

My school is a great school where students can receive a high-quality education and a set of religious morals. The community is small so everyone knows each other and is like a big family.

Posted February 6, 2014

St. Mary-Basha Catholic School is an outstanding Catholic school. The high academics are reflected in the standardized test scores. The administration and staff always have the best interest of the child at heart. Any student I meet from this school has a strong Catholic Identity along with excellent social skills. Administration, teachers and students "walk" their faith every day. Keep up the great work! There should be more learning institutions like St. Mary-Basha Catholic School!

Posted February 6, 2014

I was a student at St. Mary-Basha Catholic School for 9 years. Now that I am in high school, I am in all honors classes and have a 4.5 GPA. My technology skills are so advanced compared to my peers. I built friendships that I know will last a lifetime. If you want a great education, attend this school!

Posted February 5, 2014

Great school if you want your child to get harassed and bullied. Students and staff dont care about anything but themselves. The principle and the so called assistant principle dont do anything to help resolve problems. Paying for this school is like buring your money, very disappointed on how this school has changed since Myself and the old principe were in this school.

Posted December 9, 2013

Don't you wish your children will grow with a foundation preparing them to deal with life's challenges? I had my doubts as well, but this school does exactly that: -academic: at least 1 year ahead of the other schools in the area and consistently rank above their diocesan schools in ITBS scores -focus: High School feedback notes the students from SMB are prepared with disciplined organization and focus -Values and Faith: if the above was not enough, this solidified it for me as a parent. To sum up what happens in terms of Values and Faith, you must visualize a child's footsteps right behind that of the sandals footsteps of Jesus. -Community: the community support for the school and the kids support of the community is what makes this such a great school. -Cost: it's called Student Tuition or Catholic Education Arizona - contribute your tax dollars effectively, doesn't cost you a dime. Disclaimer: I am a parent of SMB students and Catholic. But it was not just the academics that sold me, it was that foundation seen in my kids that influenced me to drop the emptiness of atheist and secular influences for the freedom of Christianity.

Posted January 8, 2013

My daughter has gone to St Mary basha's for 3 years now. The teachers are amazing and the staff is too. We love the small classroom sizes and the school over all. The new principal is great. She knows every child and their parents! We are so blessed!

Posted September 30, 2012

My kids went to a "10" school in Henderson (NV). I was concerned we would find the parent and teacher commitment we had at the former public school. St. Mary's-Basha Catholic School has exceeded my expectation. The teachers are excellent and genuinely concerned and involved with the students. The principal provides strong leadership. The parent involvement is amazing. Both my duaghter and son are doing well. The diversity, faith building and academic instructions provide me great comfort in the long term success and stewardship of my children.

Posted September 30, 2012

My children have been attending SMBCS for the past four years. The principal is a strong leader who sets high standards and ensures parental involvement. The teachers are high performers who care about the children and are personally involved in ensuring the sucess of every child. The parents are extremely involved and are required to volunteer in various capacities. Original intentions were to give them a couple of years and allow them to complete sacraments and form a strong religous foundation. I am now committed to them moving through Catholic high school.

Posted June 6, 2012

I am a former student of St. Mary-Basha School. The technology program not only prepared me for high school, it helped me exceed my peers on many projects. I felt the teachers really cared about me and I received a strong Catholic foundation. Thank you!

Posted April 1, 2011

My two daughters attended St. Mary-Basha School since kindergarten, went on to excel at Xavier College Preparatory, graduated from NAU and both have successful jobs. Both were inspired in their faith since elementary school because of the faculty's strong dedication to Catholic education. All the children have a chance to lector in church, say morning & afternoon prayers, receive religious education and the Sacraments, interact with clergy, celebrate the liturgical calendar, and practice being good little Christians with service projects in and around school. Many of the teachers have Master's degrees, high expectations and work extra hours to provide free tutoring to help every student succeed. The curriculum is challenging but appropriate and interesting. The administration brings creative people to the school for ALL to enjoy -- poets, authors, artists, musicians, actors, etc. -- as well as, offering enrichment opportunities for all the students to participate in the Arts. The 6th grade Science Camp, 7th grade Sea World turn-around, and the 8th grade Washington D.C. trip are unique junior high perks as well. I highly recommend this school for an excellent elementary education.

Posted February 2, 2011

As a student, I really enjoyed this school. Unlike many schools in Arizona, it has a lot of windows and visual access to outdoor spaces. Recess and lunch weren't in cramped, indoor, windowless cafeterias, but in a spacious, outdoor Ramada. Outdoor courts between wings of the school allowed learning to sometimes expand into these spaces and provided places for students to spend time before school and between some classes when older. I thought my teachers were great and the lack of "Chris" wasn't too apparent. I never fell behind, but that might be because of how helpful and nurturing to learning my parents were. After graduating 8th grade, I went on to get above a 4.0 at Brophy in Phoenix with plenty of Honors and AP classes. I am finishing my senior year at ASU now as an Architecture student as well as completing an Honors Thesis for Barrett, The Honors College. Friends I made here have stuck with me for life. 4 stars.

Posted January 4, 2011

Our experience here was very disappointing. Academically, both of my children fell significantly behind and teachers failed to note or address it. Teacher/parent communication is terrible. Teachers are mediocre. Atmosphere can be very cold. Discipline policy and just, clear enforcement is extremely broken. I wish it was a better school because I believe in the principle of Catholic education, but this school needs some kind of overhaul.

Posted December 7, 2010

I agree with the comment on March 12, 2010. We were at St Mary Basha, thinking that It was a good school, where they teach the love of God. But for my surprise they said that just for appearance, in the reality, they scream to the students and there's a real problem with bullies. The Peacemaker pledge, is a mumble in the morning. But no one applies it.... You could go in person and as soon as you enter the lobby You'll feel the emptiness of love and God in there.... sad a Christian school without Chris.

Posted June 10, 2010

All three of my children attended St. Mary-Basha Catholic School and while it was challenging it was very well worth it. They provide all the major sports for the 6-8th grade as well as music and art as part of their curriculum. Students can join the choir as early as 5th grade and they learn about leadership by participating in the student council. My children were well prepared for the rigors of Catholic High School by the foundation that was laid by St. Mary-Basha. I highly recommend this school!

Posted April 29, 2010

Because they have a great curriculum and care about their students.

Posted March 12, 2010

To comment on the December 15, 2009 review, there is a community feel, but this can also be translated to clique-ish and gossipy. Unless the child has a diagnosed learning disability do not expect extra help; they refer you to charter or public schools for lesser expectations. There are problems with bullying despite saying they use the Peacebuilder program. If you inquire into this school, ask them to explain this. I've found its a 'pledge' the kids mumble during morning prayer and that's it. There is no application by teachers, staff, volunteers.

Posted February 17, 2010

St Mary-Basha offers a high quality education for K-8 grade students. The principal of this school genuinely cares about her students and encourages parents to become more involved in their child's educational life. Prior to attending St Mary-Basha my child struggled academically and socially. My child was considered a problem student at many schools. Within the first week of my child attending St Mary-Basha, teachers and staff were able to detect and bring to my attention their immediate concerns regarding my child's reading, writing and lack of confidence. Thanks to the excellent staff/ teachers and reading program, my child has reached academic achievements that perhaps at one time he never thought he could achieve. In three years I have seen a strong spiritual and academic growth in my child. I can honestly say that this school has instilled positive feelings towards education and our Catholic faith.

Posted January 28, 2010

St. Mary-Basha is a wonderful Catholic environment for k-8 grade levels. We have two kids at St. Mary-Basha and we are very pleased with the education and Catholic encouragement the teachers/staff give to our children. We are 100% sure that our children are at the right school to grow closer to their faith and excell in their education. With those two factors well combined on campus, our children will be enriched and enlightened daily.

Posted January 27, 2010

St. Mary-Bahsa is a great school. My son has been attending for 4 years. We moved from another Catholic School and are really pleased. The teachers are supportive. He is able to stay after school to get help with homework, and loves his teachers. We couldn't be more pleased.

Two or more races 11% N/A
Asian 5% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Phoenix

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

200 W Galveston St