No rating

Chandler Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 155 students

Our school is best known for its loving, dedicated teachers.

Living in Chandler

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $215,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,180.

Posted October 23, 2014

We love attending CCA for so many reasons including the small classes, the caring teachers, and the fact that it is not just a Christian Academy in name only but truly in practice! What an opportunity the kids have each Friday to celebrate the word of God together in Chapel. We started in pre-school and are exciting have an an 8th grader graduating this year with a 6th grader soon to follow. Thanks to all the teachers for making this their mission and calling.

Posted October 3, 2014

My favorite thing about this school is the love of God is taught here. The teachers and staff model this in their daily interactions with students. I am so thankful there is a school out there that prays for, lovingly cares for and diligently teaches students. Such a blessing to have my children attend CCA! There is a reason CCA was voted "Best of Chandler 2014: Private School" by the East Valley Tribune.

Posted October 2, 2014

This is an amazing school with a wonderful new campus. A great option for families in the Chandler area. The staff operates with a level of excellence and love that sets the tone for the school.

Posted October 1, 2014

We came to CCA when my daughter was in First grade, and it has been a life changer for her. Not only is she challenged academically, but she is being taught with a biblical perspective. The teachers have been instrumental in my daughter's growth, and we love the family atmosphere. CCA moved this year to a beautiful new campus, it has been amazing to see how God is working in and through this school. My daughter loves to go to school here, she is excited to learn which is something we did not have before coming to CCA. We love it here and plan to stay here, Lord willing, until our daughter graduates 8th grade.

Posted September 11, 2014

This is school has fall off from very good to mediocre. With great sadness we have left, the academics are not challenging, the continue bully issues that are not being address and the gossiping from the managment office has finally go to the last drop. Unfortunately in CCA if you are not a big supporter ($$$) your concerns are not taking into consideration. This is true specially if the bullies are the children of the people that have more influence in the school

Posted September 8, 2014

My two older children attended the preschool. Last year my daughter was in the KinderBridge because of her age she went from Beginners to KinderBridge. The teacher was attentive to the different levels of learning. This year she is in a public school kindergarten and she is doing very well. I believe this is due to the KinderBridge program at CCA. Mrs. Scholten,Mrs. Larson and Mrs. Godinez are the best!

Posted August 20, 2014

waste of money. my kid studied in kinder bridge . teacher is not supportive. kids are by their own , biased to favorite student. no academic improvement. only deterioration...not worthy to rate it

Posted January 29, 2014

Leading is always challenging. I know the Administrator, although not perfect, loves and cares about all the students and families in the school. As much as she would like to please everyone, this broken and fallen world makes this impossible. The July 25, 2012 post from a former parent is an example of this. One opinion pulls the school from 5 star to 4 star. I admit to bias as the administrator is my spouse!

Posted September 17, 2013

An amazing School that truly cares about each student! My children are challenged academically and love going to school every day. I could not as for a better place to entrust my children's learning.

Posted September 17, 2013

This school focuses not only on academic excellence, but building a spiritual foundation for our children. They teach directly from the Bible and are molding these students to be a strong follower of Christ. The teachers are excellent and the students receive an education that far exceeds any other.

Posted July 25, 2012

For whatever reason, my post keep coming up missing. It is obvious that someone does not want my opinion to be known regarding the administrator of this school. As I have said in previous post, the teachers at this school are great. They truly love and care for the kids. I can not say the same about the administrator. The administrator wrongly accused my child during a situation that involved other students. My child is the only one that was punished. Just because someone has over 30 years experience in education does not mean they have the knowledge to be an administrator of a school. With that said, this site is for parents to voice their opinions regarding a school and that is what I am doing.

Posted November 2, 2010

I found most schools run as a business and are failing or have already failed and closed. CCS I ve learned is a ministry of a church located on the same campus that financially backs CCS which provides stability. All Christian schools provide excellent religious teaching but I find comfort in a ministry because it s not run as a business regardless if its nonprofit or not. Although the campus is small, I can find nothing to criticize. If I were to break down my grading, I d give CCS stability an A, Academics an A, Teacher to student ratio an A+, Christian environment an A+, Campus a B-. I give a B- because the campus is old but still well kept. If you take the time to study all schools in detail as I have, you may find CCS to be on top of a short list of excellent Christian elementary schools.

Posted May 27, 2009

We are so blessed to have Chandler Christian School (CCS). My children attended CCS for pre-K and we left to go to a public school for 2 years. We came back due to the high academics and Christian values CCS represents. We have never looked back. The teacher to student ratio is low, and each class also has an aide. Both of my children are thriving spiritually and academically. We are so fortunate to have such a high caliber of teachers and a dedicated, faithful administrator. If you are looking for a high standards in learning and character for your children, and a close-knit atmosphere for your family - CCS is the school for you.

Posted May 18, 2009

My eldest son has attended CCS since pre-k and will now being going into second. His younger brother is also finishing his pre-k year. CCS is more to me than my children's school, it's an extension of our family. The entire school is so hands on in growing your kids scholastically and spiritually! My kids and I are so blessed to be a part of this special place.

Posted May 17, 2009

We absolutely love Chandler Christian School. We have been there for 2 years and have both of our girls enrolled for next year already. It has been a wonderful and loving environment for our girls. Mrs. Zappe has proved to be a tremendous asset to our school this year!

Posted May 15, 2009

We researched public, charter and private schools for a 4 year old. CCS offered a Pre-Kindergarten program that preschools didn't. Available are before/after school care, summer programs and computer classes. Classrooms are full size with lower student to teacher ratio. CCS is a ministry of the adjoining church (CFN). Independent private schools has the potential of failing because it is a business. In comparison, a lot of CFN members are CCS alumnus or CCS founders. That reflects the church's commitment to it's success. My eldest went to public schools in Chandler and it is apparent that parents segregate themselves in to status quo which the child mimics. This is noticeably absent at CCS. I recommend every parent research schools for their children thoroughly and whether you are a Christian or not, you'll find CCS has the best blend of atmosphere, academics, socialization and equally important to me, morals.

Posted May 14, 2009

We feel that our family has been so blessed having CCS in our lives. My daughter started preschool there last year, she loved it and thrived on all that CCS offered. Seeing her blossom so much, our son will be starting CCS this Fall in there 3rd grade program. We feel that he will excel beyond belief and define his personality even more in a private school rather than be a number of a bigger public elementary.

Posted May 7, 2009

We feel so blessed to be able to attend Chandler Christian school. The teachers are amazing by having high academic standards and knowing how to excite kids and keep them engaged in learning. We also love the small class sizes, the awesome Christian atmosphere, and the involved parents.

Posted April 7, 2009

My wife and I our extremely pleased with Chandler Chrisitian School. Our son is currently in 2nd grade and his progress in academics as well as social is second to none. The Christian values that are taught reinforce our own family values being taught at home. Current staff and administration are dedicated to providing high quality education and a caring nurturing environment. We highly recommend CCS.

Posted November 19, 2008

This is a great school. The teachers and staff are wonderful. I love to see how my kids are truely loved and cared for, while getting a great education. Thank you CCS!!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • East Valley Tribune - Best Private School in Chandler (2014)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

Foreign languages taught
Foreign languages spoken by staff

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:25 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Ruth M. Zappe
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• None
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

Transportation options
  • Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Chandler (AZ) Police Department

• Drama
Media arts
  • Computer animation

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club
  • Student council/government

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
Accepts scholarships from school tuition organizations

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Valley Christian High School