PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I am aware of only one instance where a few students were involved with bullying. I was very curious to see how this would be handled as I personally have no tolerance for it. I was more than pleased to learn that not only was it handled immediately, there was no favoritism shown and each student was dealt with accordingly. That ended the situation and it has never been an issue since.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

There are some students who are challenged with learning abilities. However, much consideration is given to accommodate those students and their needs in order to help them learn and succeed academically.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

You could not have a better leadership team. I did not know any of the staff members before we came to CCA but I can tell you they are the best of the best!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The focus of the school is to develop Christ entered students. Biblical principles are applied in and out of the classroom.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are experienced and gifted in their academic skills.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is based on current lessons taught in the classroom and is posted on a website for students and parents to access.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this school! We switched my son over to Chandler Christian Academy (CCA) for his 7th and 8th grade years and could not be happier. Initially we were hesitant to make the move because of his age and our affiliation with another school that we really liked. However we wanted more educational options such as foreign language and advanced math opportunities. When we sat down with the administrator Ruth Zapp, it was clear that she had a passion for seeing the students succeed and seeing this school thrive the way God has intended it too. In fact the entire staff works together with the parents to ensure communication is ongoing. I cannot say enough about the programs offered, The school participates in all ACSI events such as the Spelling Bee, Speech Meet, and Math Olympics. Middle schoolers also attend a one time science camp on Catalina Island and get a hands on experience with marine life. There are other opportunities that exist for students as well such as retreats, outings, and leadership training. Additionally the school offers sports including basketball, golf, volleyball and cheer as well as extracurricular programs such as chess club. The best thing about this school though is the love and compassion the teachers and staff have for Christ. They emphasise that Christ is the focal point of their lives and demonstrate their devotion to The Lord through their daily interactions with the students. The students in turn interact well with others and show a great deal of love and respect towards one another. I feel so blessed that my son has had the opportunity to attend CCA and I would recommend this school to anyone seeking incredible student opportunities in a Christ centered environment.

We opted to remove our daughter from this program because of a few reasons. 1st, we did not feel a sense of community from the administration. 2nd, there is a serious lack of diversity at the school and you can feel the insensitivity towards those students. I've spoken To other parents who have in the past sent their kids and it was the same reasons they chose to leave. While they boast a family atmosphere it is clear it is only for those who are closely tied to the school. We we decided to remove our daughter I sent a note to the administration, her teacher and staff and I didn't even receive a message back. Zero response. No exit interview or anything. Of course the only person we heard from was "FINANCE". I guess we really see what was important. I will not be referring any of my Christian African American families here. I hope they work on their communication if they hope to attract other non white Christian families.

CCA and, more specifically, The KinderBridge class lead by Mrs. Godinez, were my very first introduction to schooling my children. I can't express how vital Mrs. Godinez has been in this process. My first child is extremely timid and slow to warm up to new people and new environments. She spent her first two months of school watching the kids play during recess while Mrs. Godinez stood by her and talked with her every day until she was, eventually, ready to join in the fun. I now have my 2nd child in the KinderBridge class, he is outgoing and far from shy! He absolutely loves going to school every day! I credit a great school environment but, more specifically, Mrs. Godinez! She is truly amazing! She genuinely cares, she's patient beyond measure (14 boys in a class of 20!) and teaches according to different needs and personalities. Mrs. Gall, the Teacher's Aide, is also wonderful! As a parent, I appreciate their sweet nature to care for the children. Their flexibility and easy going nature is invaluable. No question or concern goes unanswered and I know my children are in great hands when left in their care. I feel blessed to have found this school!

Our grandchildren attend Chandler Christian Academy and they love it there. We have three there now, and in another year ,there will be four. The Administrator is a woman of excellence. Education and working with children is her passion. I cannot say enough good things about this school!!

Last modified Chandler Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8