Valley Christian High School

Private | 9-12 | 308 students

Well-rounded students & big school opportunities in a small school environment.

Living in Chandler

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $149,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Sweep tile

Posted December 26, 2013

This school is simply incredible! My wife and I were given the opportunity to adopt my half-brother and sister and shortly after were on a rampage to find a high school for our *new* 14 year old (freshman) daughter. On visiting the school we were greeted with kindness and were quickly given a tour of the facility. My wife and I were also given the opportunity to meet with the principle for a one-on-one where he asked questions about our *new* daughter and why we were looking to place her at Valley Christian. Then came the conversation of greatest concern; finances. We went to Valley on a whim, and the advice of friend, knowing that it was outside of our means. However, the principle asked that we not make that a concern and enrolled our daughter to begin classes within the next two days. He said we would apply for whatever financial aid we could; and by God's grace, almost the entire year's tuition was covered. This school has been a tremendous blessing to our daughter and to us as we try to rear a child into a lifestyle of Godly living; far from her living conditions prior. We felt God called us to Valley and as another member of the body of Christ, Valley came through.

Posted November 7, 2013

My son is so happy at Valley. He is blossoming in a way that I did not think was possible. I ve spent many years worried about his anxiety that has really prevented him from reaching his potential. To see his happiness shining through now is amazing. The feeling we had when we first went through the school visit a year ago was that it was an incredibly happy place to be. That feeling has proven true in spades. Good teachers with small class sizes that care about each individual student academically and personally.

Posted October 24, 2013

Sending our kids to Valley Christian after being in a large public school has been the best decision we ve ever made! Everything from Athletics, to Fine Arts, to Robotics and more is top notch! The kids are much more involved in the school than they were in the public schools. The Principal and all of the teachers and staff are truly invested in the lives of each individual student. The kids are growing academically, spiritually, and socially within a caring, family-oriented environment. They will be much better prepared for college with their experience at Valley Christian. We HIGHLY recommend VCHS!

Posted October 24, 2013

We love the environment and attention that has been provided to our kids. They have been able to play multiple sports, develop close relationships with the coaches, and especially the teachers. Largely due to the environment at Valley, our Junior scored very high on his PSAT and ACT PLAN exams. He had several very personal recommendations from teachers that have enabled him to win some academic awards, and now he has some opportunities to possibly attend some elite academic colleges. We have been thrilled with all aspects of the school, faculty and administration.

Posted October 15, 2013

Through the years I have prayed that the Lord would place Godly role models and influences into my son's life since he spends more time at school and activities than at home. Although there is no perfect school, Valley has provided just that for my son. There have been a handful of very Godly influences in his life that have taught him what being a leader and Godly role model look like. The benefits he has reaped will be eternal and for that I am forever grateful!! He has grown solid in his faith, has learned critical thinking, and has been taught how to defend his faith as well. I feel he is well prepared for the college environment. I have also seen administration handle student issues swiftly which I appreciate. The smaller environment has also given more of a "family" feel to the school and my son has made deep, lifelong friends because of the environment.

Posted October 10, 2013

I have had one son graduate from valley and one who is a senior now. Both of my boys started valley their freshman year. I could not have asked for a better high school experience. The teachers care for their students . Not only did the teachers care about my boys and how they were doing academically but they truly cared how they were doing in their personal life. We went through a divorce and every single teacher poured their lives into my boys. They want the very best for each and every student. I am so thankful for The teachers at valley Christian high school! I have a daughter who will be starting valley next year and I can't wait! she is also excited!

Posted October 3, 2013

5 Star Rating for VCHS for sure! My daughter is a sophomore and thriving in every way. She is challenged academically and spiritually in every classroom and is loving the social environment as well .Valley is small enough for everyone to know everyone elses name and yet big enough to offer great programs. It has a real community feel. My daughter absolutely loves school and the staff that comes along side her. There have been several awesome additions to the staff recently. She enjoys the love and encouragement she recieves from our new football coach, Coach Jeff Rutledge , during her weight lifting class and she is for the first time enjoying learning Spanish with Mr. Joe Lara. The high energy of Mrs. Robyn Bellerson in English makes learning the classics fun! While these are just some of the new additions to the staff...there are great teachers in place in every area, many of whom have been at Valley for many years. We are blessed to be part of the Valley community!

Posted October 3, 2013

Valley Christian High School is without a doubt one of the hidden gems of the East Valley. A real commitment to the Bible and academic excellence is what sets Valley Christian apart! My daughter has thrived under the leadership of the administration and faculty. Principal Mark Bistricky has a passion that is contagious! I give this school 5 stars... but it deserves more!!! If you want to give your child the absolute best Christian education (and overall Christian experience) you must give Valley Christian a visit! The campus is absolutely beautiful... the sports facilities are awesome... and it has a family oriented feel everywhere! We were going to send our children to Corona Del Sol... but once we saw Valley Christian... the decision a easy. Several of my daughter's friends (at other schools) are now asking their parents to send them to Valley Christian. If you want a feel for how great an atmosphere exists... just come to a football game and you will see the very best Christian community with your own eyes. Everyone is positive, encouraging, and share the same Biblical values! Without a doubt, the best decision we ever made!

Posted September 4, 2013

Recent administrative staff change has negatively affected both academics and Christian principles. As a result, academic scores and student respect for staff has plumeted. Drug use runs rampant. Staff is political - protect their own - rather than support the student. Many core teachers, that made this school thrive, have left. It was a much better school before the administrative staff change. Consider another school.

Posted January 13, 2013

Sending our two sons to VCHS has been among the very best decisions we've made which continues to have a powerful, positive impact on the character and direction our sons are taking in life. Our family is a bit different in that our boys attended public schools first before private Christian school. We are big supporters of both public and private education. On the whole, we feel the engaged mentoring of VCHS teachers, positive influence of VCHS friends, and Christian fundamental perspective has prepared our sons for life long success over and above any college experience to come.

Posted January 5, 2013

I can't say enough about Valley Christian High School. Our daughter got a great education and was accepted to a "hard to get into" private college. She got to participate in everything, and all of this looked great on a college application. However, the most important point in all of this, she was educated with Christ and prayer at the center. There were caring teachers who helped us raise our daughter. If you worry about your kids and what will happen to them during their high school years, Valley Christian is your answer.

Posted December 11, 2012

A+ rating: Valley Christian prepared our graduate with challenging academics to immediately enter a top university nursing program on an academic scholarship. Beyond classroom excellence, VC allowed each of our three student s diverse interests to be met through volleyball, cheer, football, student council, yearbook, basketball, choir, volleyball, national honor society, track, and more. VC s quality teachers have a connection with their students that helps to draw the best out of them, and VC s administration parallels the Christian values in our home in a professional, responsive and caring way. Valley Christian has been the right choice, they have delivered beyond expectations, and they produce top graduates that are making a difference in their world.

Posted December 11, 2012

All 3 of our children went to Valley Christian High School, the first one in 1995 and the last one graduated in 2005. All 3 had different, but phenomenal experiences! One was an athlete and won a state championship. Another one was a musician and VCHS empowered him to become a full time musician after graduation. Our daughter was able to get back on track in her school work from being there. The environment is Christian based, very supportive and we had financial help from the school when our 2 sons were going to the school at the same time. I highly recommend the school and all that it can do for your children!

Posted November 18, 2012

Valley Christian is has been a great school for my kids. My son has grown spiritually as he has been required to show express his faith in words and put it into action as well. The chapels are just unbelievable. He is a good student, but is still being challenged in the classroom and cannot slide by just because he is bright. The teachers here require a lot from them, but help them to achieve these goals as well. I also love the friends he has here. They are very good kids and ones that I trust him to be with. I have been so happy that it was never a question that we would send our other children here as well. My daughter is a freshman now and she is having a great experience in her freshman year as well. Both of my children have ben very involved in extra curricular activities as well. VCHS does a great job of supporting this in their students also.

Posted November 12, 2012

What a great experience we had at Valley Christian High School! We had 2 young men graduate there and now a freshman starting this year. VCHS provided a quality education and prepared them well for college. VCHS offers something for everyone whether it s sports (they have it all), drama, choir, art, cheer, robotics or other; there is a place for your child. The teachers and staff truly care about your child and their development spiritually, physically and academically. The friendships we ve made are priceless as well. I would highly recommend VCHS and encourage anyone to check it out. God s hand is on Valley Christian High School; it is evident.

Posted October 17, 2012

Excellent programs and teachers that challenge students to grow and develop a Christian worldview while preparing and developing the students for college and careers. Outstanding extra-curricular opportunities including a nationally-ranked Robotics program, one of the most successful athletic programs in the state and an award-winning and nationally recognized music program.

Posted October 24, 2011

We have had two children graduate from Valley, we currently have a senior there, and will have a freshman there next year. We have been mostly satisfied over the years with the school. It is true, there have been some unsatisfactory teachers over these years, but for the most part they have been weeded out. The school has also been through a lot of changes with the administration, and we feel over the past couple of years they have made real, positive changes in this area. We are very excited with the new administrator for this year, and look forward to the next four years, under his direction. He is placing the school on a path, along with the teacher, of coming along side the parents, in the Spiritual development of the students. There is incredible opportunities in academics, sports, music, the arts etc. My kids have made life long friends at VCHS and we would highly recommend this school.

Posted October 19, 2011

There are people in this world who aren t just nice to your children, who aren t just excellent teachers, but are people God places in your children s lives you reach in & mold who they are. VCHS is filled with teachers & coaches who have done this for all 4 of our children. We have 2 boys & 2 girls who are very sports oriented,& Valley has allowed them to play on multiple state championship teams.Our kids have traveled with the highly acclaimed Trojan Choir, served in the community & school government, participate in national medical forums,& are being offered college scholarships from across the country due to the high academic level Valley has brought them to.God has answered our prayers through the incredible,God-pursuing peers they've found at Valley.There are young people there who live life to the fullest & push our kids to be their very best.We have a home where Christ reigns & wanted a school which would come alongside us to help grow them into adults who would be well equipped to serve Him, using the gifts He gave each of them to the fullest,& most of all, that would feed their fire for our Savior. We found that in Valley Christian High School. We have been truly blessed.

Posted October 13, 2011

I enthusiastically recommend Valley Christian to anyone who wants to give their child an excellent education in a truly Christian environment. Academically, Valley has helped my children to rise to their full potential and allowed them to be a part of a wide range of extracurricular activities. When my older daughter graduated, she received numerous scholarship offers and is currently doing very well in college. The teachers and staff at Valley really make the difference. They are wonderful Christian role models for the students because they are able to speak from their own life experiences about how having a relationship with Christ helps them every day. Is it worth the tuition? Yes! We have used ACSTO and TRIP to make it possible for our kids to attend Valley. If you want to learn more about the school, one of the best ways to do this is to attend one of the open houses offered throughout the year. I did this about 7 years ago and am so glad I did!

Posted October 11, 2011

Valley Christian High School has made a tremendously positive impact on our family! We have finally found a place where our child can thrive by using the gifts that God has given him. If your child is an athlete, Valley has a place for your child. If you child is into the Arts, Valley has many opportunities in this area. Perhaps, one of our favorite classes, Ministry Development is available for the child who wants to lead or support chapel services and ministry opportunities. The teachers at Valley are called and committed, and because of this are able to connect with students, meet them where they are, and help them grow in their knowledge and in their faith. I want no other school for either of my kids. Valley is definitely the school of choice for our family!

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff American sign language
French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Robotics club

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:10 pm
  • Mark Bistricky
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• College prep
  • Core knowledge
  • Honors track
  • STEM
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Graphics
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Outside scholarships
Tax credits

Planning ahead

College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
Community college courses
SAT/ACT prep classes
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges

6900 W Galveston St