9-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

If you want an environment for your student where Biblical truths are integrated into all aspects of the school, students are challenged academically, teachers care about your students beyond the classroom, and a rich variety of opportunities are provided for you student, Valley Christian High School is the place for them. Valley Christian High School provides big school opportunities in a small school environment.
October 02, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The VCHS teachers and staff are the best! They hold the students accountable, but are loving and supportive. There is a wonderful sense of community on the campus between the parents, students, and staff. The academics are challenging without being overwhelming and the extracurricular activities are many! We are so thankful that our son is able to attend Valley Christian.

My son transferred from a larger public high school to Valley Christian after his sophomore year. He is a three sport athlete and, due to AIA rules, lost eligibility to compete for his entire junior year. He has approximately a one hour commute to school each way every school day. I asked him whether knowing what he knows now, would he still choose to transfer to Valley Christian. With no hesitation, he responded, "Absolutely!". The student population is very supportive towards each other. Coach Jeff Rutledge not only has unusual football expertise and knowledge due to his time playing and coaching in college and in the NFL, but his positive coaching style makes him the perfect mentor for my son. He demands hard work, acceptable language, and builds strong character. Academics at Valley are rigorous and push students to ready themselves for college. My son has improved greatly in organization and planning skills. At Valley my son has not witnessed any examples of negative/immoral behavior. Realistically drugs, alcohol, and pre-marital sex probably exist to some extent in almost every school. At Valley, however, these behaviors, if present, are kept private and not advertised publicly. Whether due to positive peer pressure or fear of discipline/expulsion, the result is a vastly positive and respectful atmosphere. I cannot recommend this school highly enough to anyone seeking a positive environment in which their high school student can thrive and grow.

I just graduated from Valley Christian this year and I had the best high school experience that I could. Valley Christian has blessed me tremendously academically, physically, socially, and especially spiritually. Valley is a big community, not just a school. I grew more in my faith in my four years at Valley than I ever had in my life. Valley allows you to grow and be involved in so many different things. Valley Christian gives students a high school experience different than any other high school could offer. I loved my time and Valley and I would definitely recommend it to others.

This is a great school. There is a family atmosphere along with a commitment to honoring God through the pursuit of excellence in academics and activities.

I was blessed to have two children attend Valley Christian! We had to drive a half hour each way to attend, but I am so thankful we did. They received a great education, exposure to many different extra activities, and all this centered around the Word of God! What a great foundation before they entered college!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted October 02, 2014

Valley Christian High School is a great school. They are very focused on educating the whole student, academically, physically and spiritually! My daughter is challenged everyday in all those areas but most importantly for us as a family...spiritually! It is a small school with BIG opportunities! They have an amazing athletic program, Fantastic music program and drama, yearbook, robotics and many more! We are so happy that she has had the opportunity to attend Valley. Her experiences will go with her well into the future!

Valley Christian is an incredible school. I graduated in 2003, and my wife in 2005. I got married in 2008, and each of my 6 groomsmen were VCHS graduates (and 5 of her 7). The school prepared me well for my undergraduate and graduate degrees at a public university, and I was able to participate in sports, fine arts, clubs, etc. With the friends, career, and interests I continue to have today, there's no question that Valley offered me - and continues to offer - a well-rounded experience with an emphasis on academics, social skills, and spiritual fervor. Praise God for Valley Christian.

Valley Christian is awesome! This is my sons first year at Valley Christian. I was worried about his transition from public school to private school being a issue.. God is good! His transition has been awesome. He loves his teachers and school. I am so so grateful that God lead us to this school. The staff really cares about these kids. they put God first! My son comes home telling me so many great things about his day. I am nearly in tears thinking about how much of a blessing this has been. I'm excited to say we have the rest of the year to go and next year. I am speaking a "Bible scholar" in to existence by then! God is so so good. I highly recommend this school. I am grateful that we listened to that voice of God and took the leap of faith. To God be the glory.

This is a great high school for our neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods. Families come from all over the valley to have their kids attend this school. The school has a family atmosphere and the teachers and staff are wonderful! Academics are challenging and the extra curricular activities are great! It has a strong Christian focus which we love!

Last modified Valley Christian High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12