No rating

New Vistas Center For Education

Private | PK-6 | 500 students

Advanced education typically 2-6 years above grade level.

Living in Chandler

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted July 13, 2010

New Vistas Academy is an absolutely wonderful school. Having been raised overseas and educated in some of the best schools in the world, I had despaired of finding something like that in the US and in Arizona in particular. Our son has been at New Vistas for 2 years and will be entering Kindergarten this year and we love it. The curriculum encompasses a wide variety of topics and is very challenging. It does not teach down to the children, but instead, elevates the children to the top of their potential. It is amazing to me how much individual attention the students receive as well, allowing them to develop and learn in their own ways while maintaining the high standards expected there. It is a truly amazing school, offering a well-rounded education and unlimited opportunities to the children who attend.

Posted June 23, 2010

Dear New Vistas, Thank you for your gift! It definitely caught me off guard, but then again that has always been a hallmark of New vistas to care for and to love it's students, past and present. And I can't thank you all enough for that love because that has definitely made a huge impact in my life and the lives of the other 2004 graduates. Specifically, you taught us that there is more freedom to pursue our dreams when we are disciplined and hardworking and that we should never ever stop learning, exploring and growing. I can't thank you all enough for that rock solid foundation and I hope New Vistas will continue to give this all important gift, second only to life itself. God Bless!

Posted June 8, 2010

I spent 6 years at New Vistas, and in the time I was there not only did I receive a superior education I received it from caring loving teachers. That's incredibly hard to find these days. The office staff there is also amazing, they have a great family atmosphere. I sincerely feel that the education I received there instilled in me the proper skills to succeed in life today. I am just about to graduate with my Bachelor's degree and am planning to receive my Master's from Berkeley, and I am 110% positive that I would never even attempted to achieve such great goals without the outstanding educational foundation I received. And I am absolutely NOT one of those rich kids that supposedly gets everything handed to them. I worked hard to be where I am today and there is NO way I could have done it without New Vistas.

Posted June 8, 2010

I was pleased to find this website so that I could post my opinion regarding New Vistas Academy. My son attended your school several years ago and has continued to succeed in his education. He was challenged appropriately and guided by a caring staff. I was always impressed by the ability of the Directors to always do the 'right thing' for the student. New Vistas is an excellent school, where your child will receive an outstanding education.

Posted April 27, 2010

I am a New Vistas alumni, currently in High school. If you want your kids to grow up with very little and confused academic foundation, no social skills and the inability to be creative and think then send your kids to New Vistas. There were 11 groups in my math class of 18 students. Nothing was taught by the math teacher. Most of the teachers are there to socialize with the rich moms and take care of their children. I have major gaps in math and language and do not have good skills because of New Vistas. I have to re-learn a lot of things and overcome the gaps in my understanding. If you want your kids to be successful, keep them away from this school. This school is only for the rich kids who dont need to do anything when they grow up.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 30, 2009

New Vistas is academically superior to any other school in the East Valley. Looking back on my decisions as a parent, sending my three children to New Vistas is one I do not regret. I feel very fortunate to have found New Vistas and privileged to have had my children there. My children are all strong academically because of the foundation given by New Vistas. The curriculum is tried and true, and the teachers are highly dedicated, caring, and effective. Mrs. McFadyen s Home Reading Program is exceptional. When visiting preschools, I found no place other than New Vistas that gave children the freedom to grow academically without the restraints put forth in a typical classroom environment. The administrators and staff are wise and nurturing. If every young child in America could have a beginning like New Vistas provides, how wonderful that would be. New Vistas Academy is truly exceptional.

Posted August 26, 2009

My son is entering his second year at New Vistas, and he has improved in both his reading and math skills. Although the environment is very academic oriented, it is operated in a very nurturing and loving way, so that kids become confident in their abilities. I highly recommend New Vistas to other parents who are looking to have their kids challenged and nurtured all rolled into one.

Posted July 10, 2009

This is a great school for academics. My son went to preschool here for the 2nd year of preschool and he learned by leaps and bounds. he even learned to read! The environment is highly structured and the teachers well experienced. They teach a grade level ahead - so in the 2nd year of preschool, they completed the KG curriculum. I like that it is private but nonsectarian. The only downside is that there are no extracurriculars.

Posted June 9, 2009

My son is a current student at New Vistas and has made unbelievable progress since he started in August. Teachers are excellent. One thing I like about this school is that they let kids be aware of all current events sometimes I myself won't remember/ know. Teachers were always there to answer you. I am so happy that my son loves going to school.

Posted June 9, 2009

we love this school! i now have a preschooler going here along with a child entering 4th grade. from the office staff to teachers to aides, the staff is phenomenal and very loving. This school is definately all academia though with a lot parenteral involvement.

Posted May 16, 2009

New Vistas has a motto 'A little out of the way, a lot out of the ordinary.' and boy is that accurate. I rate New Vistas as exceptional, loving and successful.

Posted May 13, 2009

This school is best.we are very happy that our daughter goes there.Mrs elias and dr jordon are the best.some teachers are the best . we reall y appreciate some teachers.very friendly place and its feels that you are with your own family.

Posted May 4, 2009

As a parent of a current New Vistas Student and of an alumni student, I cannot praise New Vista enough.The supportive teachers they have chosen made being at New Vistas is like being part of a family. I found the administrators and teachers all had my two childrens' best interest at heart. The work load was always manageable, and the couple times my older child felt overwhelmed the teachers adjusted to meet personal needs. That is what is amazing about this school, they curtail the challenge level to each child's needs and abilities. I must say looking back over the years my now 14 year old child learned the foundations of accountability and responsibility from the teachers at New Vistas. These foundations have been an integral part of success in a challenging honors curriculum. If you want your child to find success in higher academics this is the place to begin!

Posted April 3, 2009

As a parent of a first grade student, I can tell you that my child is working well above a typical first grader and well above the state standards! New Vistas Academy has outstanding teachers who know and love their students very much. My child absolutely loves coming to school every day. They have groups for math and language and whole class for other subjects. The teacher makes learning fun by completing awesome projects with writing, demonstration speeches, famous persons reports, and more. My child has learned so much about other countries and their culture. Her reading is so far above what other first graders are doing and she is working at a third grade math level. Her homework is review of concepts that have already been mastered and is age appropriate. If excellence in academics is your goal, this is the place!

Posted April 3, 2009

As a father of two children currently attending New Vistas, I am impressed with the level of work that they are doing. Their writing and math programs are incredible and our older child who graduated and now attends Chandler Prep Academy has validated for us that New Vistas prepares students for jr. high and high school very well. Our older son has outperformed his peers on the AIMS test and I know it is a result of the excellent beginning he got to his education at New Vistas. Our two younger children are working above grade level and we couldn't be happier. This school has been a blessing for our family!

Posted April 2, 2009

I have two children at New Vistas. I find the teachers to be extremely willing to work with each of my children. My older child is going into the upper grades next year and I am looking forward to even more success. She is confident in her abilities even though she is not at the top of her class. She is able to work at her true potential. I am thankful to the staff and teachers of New Vistas for providing such a safe and loving environment. I would not have my kids at any other school.

Posted March 30, 2009

Our 4 year old made incredible progress at New Vistas. She went from not close to reading to reading very well in less than one year. I have to admit I was worried about whether this school was going to be worth the price. I was also concerned about my child being able to keep pace with the other students. Our experience is our child's teacher is very skilled at her craft and has a way of helping children understand concepts at an early age. I have been extremely happy with the progress and see our child improving on a regular basis. It's true there is homework daily. It typically takes about 30 min to complete. I believe it helps our child retain what they learned earlier in class so I have no problems taking the time with my child. Expensive but a great school.

Posted March 22, 2009

This school definitely has shortage of good quality teachers.They put a lot of burden on students as well as parents.Most of the students are performing way below than az standards in all subject areas reflecting poor performance of teachers.Tuition is outrageous and the outcome is overburden,frustration and lack of self confidence.

Posted March 3, 2009

If you want your child's self confidence level to run all time low then this is the school to go to.They give out loads and loads of homework that a child doesn't have any time to enjoy any other activity in life,even the weekends are packed with homeworks and projects.The irony is teachers never explain any part of homework that is being sent home.It is parent's responsibilty to sit with their child everyday and spend four or five hours explaining their homework.I've seen teachers not taking any interest in student's progress.I wonder if they are qualified to be the teachers.If you want to enroll your child in this school,make sure you have five hours everyday to educate your child,forget about any vacation or extracurricular activities.You'd rather homeschool your child and see a far better results.From my personal experience I suggest everyone out there that this school is not worth the price.

Posted February 27, 2009

I will not recommend this school to anybody.They have groupings within thier classrooms and only the top group students who are only few in number are getting benefitted from this school.I've seen kids performing worst than any public school.They give out homework on the subjects that have never been explained in the class and way beyond student's capability that creates nothing but frustration for student as well as for parents.All the classrooms are small and congested with 23 or 24 students per classroom.It doesn't even look like a private school,lacking library,cafeteria and playground.The students have to eat outside in extremely hot summers of Arizona.They keep on increasing the tuition but provide no facility to students.The quality of teachers is on decline.Most of the teachers are there so they can keep their own children in school and stay close to them.Certainly not worth all that money that they are charging.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Security personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Arabic languages
Chinese (Mandarin)
French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Top Ten Academic School by Johns Hopkins U. CTYSchool (2014)
  • State Champion Science and Engineering (2014)
  • National History Day National Award (2014)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Engineering

• Music
  • Performing arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 9:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Carol Elias
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • newvistasblog.com
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Performing arts
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Poetry
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Technology club

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize cultural events
  • Parent Partnership Institute Classes
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom