No rating

New Vistas Center For Education

Private | PK-6 | 500 students

Advanced education typically 2-6 years above grade level.

Living in Chandler

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted yesterday

As a teacher at New Vistas, I can confidently say that we take into consideration what students need globally to be successful in today's workforce. Students must possess three types of skills, basic academic skills (reading, writing, arithmetic, mathematics, speaking and listening), personal qualities (confidence, responsibility, self-management, sociability, and integrity), and thinking skills (creativity, problem-solving, reasoning, knowing how to learn). These are my goals for my students to achieve while they are with me. Every child is wired differently and the learning styles, strengths, interests, and skills needing improvement vary. I learn my students' skill levels, guide them to set goals, and help them achieve those goals. There is no ceiling at New Vistas to what children can accomplish. If this is what you would like for your child, please check us out! I believe you will find a loving, HAPPY environment. Teachers keep their certifications current with the AZ Dept. of Ed. If there is a teacher not yet certified, it is because our Directors see a natural gifted teacher! We trust the discernment of our Directors. Contact us for an appt. Enjoy!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 3, 2014

Several of the teachers have no formal training in education, and they are not required to be certified teachers to work here. It seems that some of them are previous aides that became "teachers" when the need arose. We weren't all that impressed or willing to pay tuition for another year.

Posted June 27, 2014

I love this school! My oldest so. Will begin his 5th year here. I am excited that my youngest will also be attending his first year this fall. This school has an advanced curriculum unlike any other. When I compare what my son is doing to kids his age in other schools there is no comparison! The students at this school are a year or more beyond their current grade level. Not only are the students advanced, but they have grouping within each class as well in several subject areas. There is the classroom teacher and an aid in each class at all times. The staff also gets involved to individually help students. They have am individualized reading program and teacher. You can tell that the teachers and staff love their jobs. My son is so happy at this school and I am so glad I am setting him up to be successful.

Posted June 10, 2014

Excellent school for advanced/gifted learners. Allows children to work above 1 grade level ahead -- they can work 1, 2,3, 4 or more grade levels ahead. We love that they take the time and work with each individual student. There is a good mix of students and the teachers are all highly qualified and caring. My son loved the school and fell in love with the environment right away. Their dedication to the children and their educational needs far exceeds that of another public, charter or private school in the nearby area.

Posted May 24, 2014

My child just finished up a year of Pre-K at New Vistas. The school is very academic - lots of worksheets. I wasn't too happy about the tuition. After registering, I realized that the payment schedule included 10 monthly tuition payments, but that the school year is only 9 months long. They got started around August 20th, and they finished on May 22nd. The school also takes a lot of unusual holidays, like the day after Halloween, an extra day at Thanksgiving, and a day off in May after parent-teacher conferences wrap up. So, not that easy for the working parent.

Posted May 10, 2014

This school needs more clubs/organizations, and sports teams. Also a bigger P.E. room. There needs to be more activities this school provides rather than just academic excellence.

Posted September 25, 2013

This school is the Best!!!!!!!!!! I have a very happy child in Kindergarten, he loves his teachers, the school, loves his work and does not feel pressure or overwhelmed. My son is able to advance at his own pace, is reading well, doing math and loves it. I learned not to to judge a book by its cover. Don't let the look of the school decide for you. Instead, sit in one of the classes, talk to the children, the parents, the teachers. The school might not be immaculate in every aspect, but the level of education that the children are receiving should be the deciding factor. This school has great teachers, the education is the best, kids and parents are treated with respect! The school is nice, clean, comfortable, and ready for learning. A+++

Posted September 3, 2013

When my child was in the lower grades, I loved this school and felt it was the best choice for us. But once he reached the middle grades I became extremely disillusioned. It was all about endless worksheets and endless consequences if a child wasn't "the best." I never felt that the teachers were interested in why a child might be falling behind and what could be done to help. It reached the point where my child was afraid to ask for help from his own teachers because they refused to accept that he really didn't understand something and would send him back to his desk. My son lost his love of learning and his confidence because his success was tied to a stack of papers.

Posted August 6, 2013

I love this school my 6 year old was doing 4 grade math in kindergarten he can add,subtract,multiply and divide he speak English,Spanish and Chinese. He won a couple trophies in chess and can read music. If you have a gifted or very smart boy or girl this is the place for them they don't put a stop on learning just because of the grade or age.

Posted May 16, 2013

This is an amazing school! My daughter is just finishing up kindergarten. She is reading at a 3rd grade level, doing triple digit addition and subtraction with carry-over and borrowing, learning about various world cultures, and speaking sentences in Spanish. And it hasn't been wearying or a burden -- the kids have fun singing songs, doing crafts, enjoying art, playing, and even a field trip to a local museum. There is homework but it is given in a packet style so you time manage to get everything done by the end of the week. The kids are happy and well-adjusted, and each child is pushed to succeed, but not in a scary/harsh way. It's done in an encouraging, "you can do it!" kind of way. My daughter loves her teacher, the class aides (each class has one aide full time), her gym teachers, her Spanish teacher. In her classroom there are no bullies or mean kids, and the teachers are very aware of behavior. The school is multi-cultural. Just this morning, I heard these languages as I walked my daughter to class: English, Spanish, Hindi, Bengali, Arabic, Greek, Chinese, Japanese. (Parents are friendly and involved, and often stop to chat after drop-off.)

Posted December 15, 2012

My son is in preK at New Vistas. He's learning a lot, but what I like the most is the warmth of the teachers and their enthusiasm. I expected great academics, but am so glad of the nurturing environment that goes with the academics. I think the reading program is great, and my son also has PE, music, and Spanish. He enjoys going to school and has made lots of friends. The other parents are great, too - supportive of their kids and welcoming.

Posted November 12, 2011

Posted August 27, 2011

The asian parents that spend time in the school to be with their kids are treated with disrespect. A majority of the students are asian and the staff and administration are very condesending towrds them. If adults are mistreated imagine the treatment the asian kids get. I took both my children off when I witnessed the bad treatment towards my own. If as a parent you have the time to teach and help with the random bunch/packets of work sheets and reading assignments at home each night so they go to school to get them graded by aides, then this school might meet your needs. The teachers do not have sincere interest in really 'teaching', its just tasks and grades. textbooks are archaic and the teachers and their relatives that handle classrooms are not very qualified and most do not have education related to pedagogy.

Posted March 29, 2011

Imagine a school in which the excited interest of students is matched by the committed interest of staff, and you have just described New Vistas Center of Education! Here, small classes and an emphasis on individual learning lead to high academic expectations and results that transcend normal grade levels. New Vistas has achieved the perfect balance: a challenging curriculum carried out by a compassionate staff; the eager participation of students, and outstanding parent involvement. A. Williams

Posted February 3, 2011

New Vistas Academic program is really good. I admire the fact that they have 1:1 reading program for every kids thrice a week which I havent seen anywhere. The kids get lot of challenges which is really good to show and improve their skills. Some recommendation for improvements! THough I do think they could move to a better campus where kids get more space for play ground,parking lots,lunch areas. Also their communication to parents is another area where they can improve to make it a better place. Like if they have an incident at schools It will be really better to communicate both sides of parents than the parents getting info from the kids. Extending their after care programtime in school (atleast for younger ages)which is more convenient for parents than outsourcing

Posted November 30, 2010

New Vistas Academy is a wonderful addition to the public, private and charter school options in the East Valley. The small classroom environment and familial feeling between staff and families adds a charming quality to the structured, challenging, and individualized curriculum. The school was founded by women who wanted to offer an alternative to the schools in the area, and in that tradition, teachers have joined forces to form a top-notch school, led by highly qualified staff who still strive to make New Vistas a home for those families looking for more than the regular elementary education. The curriculum is accelerated, which in turn means more focus on academics outside of the classroom as well. Many families seek out a highly competitive curriculum that will challenge their children and give them the edge for the rest of their educational career. For families who are deeply dedicated to their children s educational progress, New Vistas Academy is an excellent foundation for a lifetime of learning success.

Posted November 9, 2010

My complaint is more to the human factor of this school. My child had an incident (4 stitches) and not only they DID NOT have a nurse practitioner on campus, they DID NOT HAVE FIRST AID KIT. Well, the principal told us later that they indeed had one, but I guess we weren't good enough to waist the bandage on us. There was no follow up what so ever. No talk to the parent of the boy at fault. No courtesy call from the stuff. If you can overlook my personal experience, lack of gym, the fact that the playground is located in such way that KIDS HAVE TO CROSS THE BUSY PARKING LOT every day, NO SECURITY (anybody can walk in, and I mean anybody, no cams and considering the neighborhood the school is in that's the must), then I guess it might be the school for you.

Posted September 29, 2010

New Vistas Academy represents all the finest attibutes of human character. Their school is the embodiment of "don't judge a book by its cover". Admittedly, they do not have plantation shutters and greek pillars, the real beauty is in the administration, teachers, devoted parents & children. The curriculum is challenging and customized to every child's ability. My daughter is now excelling in math and reading. I know when she graduates New Vistas we will value the superior education and loving relationships for life. New Vistas is located near downtown Chandler, an area of town that is developing with new City offices and a thriving downtown community. Their campus has open air walkways so kids get a little sunshine as they pass to classes and are supervised at all times. New misters and green grass make lunch bright and fun.

Posted July 13, 2010

Both of my younger kids attended New Vistas Academy from Pre-K through 6th grade. The cirriculum was very broad and provided my kids with an excellent exposure to a wide range of topics. The student body is very international which gives kids an exposure to a range of cultures. We found the cirruculum to be challenging without being excessive. Both my kids went on to the IB program at Chandler High School and the education they acquired at New Vistas more than prepared them fo rthe rigors of this program and AP classes in general.

Posted July 13, 2010

New Vistas Academy is an absolutely wonderful school. Having been raised overseas and educated in some of the best schools in the world, I had despaired of finding something like that in the US and in Arizona in particular. Our son has been at New Vistas for 2 years and will be entering Kindergarten this year and we love it. The curriculum encompasses a wide variety of topics and is very challenging. It does not teach down to the children, but instead, elevates the children to the top of their potential. It is amazing to me how much individual attention the students receive as well, allowing them to develop and learn in their own ways while maintaining the high standards expected there. It is a truly amazing school, offering a well-rounded education and unlimited opportunities to the children who attend.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Security personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Arabic languages
Chinese (Mandarin)
French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Top Ten Academic School by Johns Hopkins U. CTYSchool (2014)
  • State Champion Science and Engineering (2014)
  • National History Day National Award (2014)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Engineering

• Music
  • Performing arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 9:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Carol Elias
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • newvistasblog.com
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Performing arts
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Poetry
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Technology club

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize cultural events
  • Parent Partnership Institute Classes
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom