New Vistas Center For Education

Private | PK-6 | 450 students

Our school is best known for our exemplary staff and individualized instruction.

Living in Chandler

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Sweep tile

Posted September 25, 2013

This school is the Best!!!!!!!!!! I have a very happy child in Kindergarten, he loves his teachers, the school, loves his work and does not feel pressure or overwhelmed. My son is able to advance at his own pace, is reading well, doing math and loves it. I learned not to to judge a book by its cover. Don't let the look of the school decide for you. Instead, sit in one of the classes, talk to the children, the parents, the teachers. The school might not be immaculate in every aspect, but the level of education that the children are receiving should be the deciding factor. This school has great teachers, the education is the best, kids and parents are treated with respect! The school is nice, clean, comfortable, and ready for learning. A+++

Posted September 3, 2013

When my child was in the lower grades, I loved this school and felt it was the best choice for us. But once he reached the middle grades I became extremely disillusioned. It was all about endless worksheets and endless consequences if a child wasn't "the best." I never felt that the teachers were interested in why a child might be falling behind and what could be done to help. It reached the point where my child was afraid to ask for help from his own teachers because they refused to accept that he really didn't understand something and would send him back to his desk. My son lost his love of learning and his confidence because his success was tied to a stack of papers.

Posted August 25, 2013

I think that this school is ok, I mean it wouldn't hurt to have more clubs and maybe an actual recess area? Like I mean the academics are great and all that, but if you want your child to expand not just only academically, this isn't the school for you.

Posted August 6, 2013

I love this school my 6 year old was doing 4 grade math in kindergarten he can add,subtract,multiply and divide he speak English,Spanish and Chinese. He won a couple trophies in chess and can read music. If you have a gifted or very smart boy or girl this is the place for them they don't put a stop on learning just because of the grade or age.

Posted May 16, 2013

This is an amazing school! My daughter is just finishing up kindergarten. She is reading at a 3rd grade level, doing triple digit addition and subtraction with carry-over and borrowing, learning about various world cultures, and speaking sentences in Spanish. And it hasn't been wearying or a burden -- the kids have fun singing songs, doing crafts, enjoying art, playing, and even a field trip to a local museum. There is homework but it is given in a packet style so you time manage to get everything done by the end of the week. The kids are happy and well-adjusted, and each child is pushed to succeed, but not in a scary/harsh way. It's done in an encouraging, "you can do it!" kind of way. My daughter loves her teacher, the class aides (each class has one aide full time), her gym teachers, her Spanish teacher. In her classroom there are no bullies or mean kids, and the teachers are very aware of behavior. The school is multi-cultural. Just this morning, I heard these languages as I walked my daughter to class: English, Spanish, Hindi, Bengali, Arabic, Greek, Chinese, Japanese. (Parents are friendly and involved, and often stop to chat after drop-off.)

Posted December 15, 2012

My son is in preK at New Vistas. He's learning a lot, but what I like the most is the warmth of the teachers and their enthusiasm. I expected great academics, but am so glad of the nurturing environment that goes with the academics. I think the reading program is great, and my son also has PE, music, and Spanish. He enjoys going to school and has made lots of friends. The other parents are great, too - supportive of their kids and welcoming.

Posted November 12, 2011

Excellent school for advanced/gifted learners. Allows children to work above 1 grade level ahead -- they can work 1, 2,3, 4 or more grade levels ahead. We love that they take the time and work with each individual student. There is a good mix of students and the teachers are all highly qualified and caring. My son loved the school and fell in love with the environment right away. Their dedication to the children and their educational needs far exceeds that of another public, charter or private school in the nearby area.

Posted August 27, 2011

The asian parents that spend time in the school to be with their kids are treated with disrespect. A majority of the students are asian and the staff and administration are very condesending towrds them. If adults are mistreated imagine the treatment the asian kids get. I took both my children off when I witnessed the bad treatment towards my own. If as a parent you have the time to teach and help with the random bunch/packets of work sheets and reading assignments at home each night so they go to school to get them graded by aides, then this school might meet your needs. The teachers do not have sincere interest in really 'teaching', its just tasks and grades. textbooks are archaic and the teachers and their relatives that handle classrooms are not very qualified and most do not have education related to pedagogy.

Posted March 29, 2011

Imagine a school in which the excited interest of students is matched by the committed interest of staff, and you have just described New Vistas Center of Education! Here, small classes and an emphasis on individual learning lead to high academic expectations and results that transcend normal grade levels. New Vistas has achieved the perfect balance: a challenging curriculum carried out by a compassionate staff; the eager participation of students, and outstanding parent involvement. A. Williams

Posted February 3, 2011

New Vistas Academic program is really good. I admire the fact that they have 1:1 reading program for every kids thrice a week which I havent seen anywhere. The kids get lot of challenges which is really good to show and improve their skills. Some recommendation for improvements! THough I do think they could move to a better campus where kids get more space for play ground,parking lots,lunch areas. Also their communication to parents is another area where they can improve to make it a better place. Like if they have an incident at schools It will be really better to communicate both sides of parents than the parents getting info from the kids. Extending their after care programtime in school (atleast for younger ages)which is more convenient for parents than outsourcing

Posted November 30, 2010

New Vistas Academy is a wonderful addition to the public, private and charter school options in the East Valley. The small classroom environment and familial feeling between staff and families adds a charming quality to the structured, challenging, and individualized curriculum. The school was founded by women who wanted to offer an alternative to the schools in the area, and in that tradition, teachers have joined forces to form a top-notch school, led by highly qualified staff who still strive to make New Vistas a home for those families looking for more than the regular elementary education. The curriculum is accelerated, which in turn means more focus on academics outside of the classroom as well. Many families seek out a highly competitive curriculum that will challenge their children and give them the edge for the rest of their educational career. For families who are deeply dedicated to their children s educational progress, New Vistas Academy is an excellent foundation for a lifetime of learning success.

Posted November 9, 2010

My complaint is more to the human factor of this school. My child had an incident (4 stitches) and not only they DID NOT have a nurse practitioner on campus, they DID NOT HAVE FIRST AID KIT. Well, the principal told us later that they indeed had one, but I guess we weren't good enough to waist the bandage on us. There was no follow up what so ever. No talk to the parent of the boy at fault. No courtesy call from the stuff. If you can overlook my personal experience, lack of gym, the fact that the playground is located in such way that KIDS HAVE TO CROSS THE BUSY PARKING LOT every day, NO SECURITY (anybody can walk in, and I mean anybody, no cams and considering the neighborhood the school is in that's the must), then I guess it might be the school for you.

Posted September 29, 2010

New Vistas Academy represents all the finest attibutes of human character. Their school is the embodiment of "don't judge a book by its cover". Admittedly, they do not have plantation shutters and greek pillars, the real beauty is in the administration, teachers, devoted parents & children. The curriculum is challenging and customized to every child's ability. My daughter is now excelling in math and reading. I know when she graduates New Vistas we will value the superior education and loving relationships for life. New Vistas is located near downtown Chandler, an area of town that is developing with new City offices and a thriving downtown community. Their campus has open air walkways so kids get a little sunshine as they pass to classes and are supervised at all times. New misters and green grass make lunch bright and fun.

Posted July 13, 2010

Both of my younger kids attended New Vistas Academy from Pre-K through 6th grade. The cirriculum was very broad and provided my kids with an excellent exposure to a wide range of topics. The student body is very international which gives kids an exposure to a range of cultures. We found the cirruculum to be challenging without being excessive. Both my kids went on to the IB program at Chandler High School and the education they acquired at New Vistas more than prepared them fo rthe rigors of this program and AP classes in general.

Posted July 13, 2010

New Vistas Academy is an absolutely wonderful school. Having been raised overseas and educated in some of the best schools in the world, I had despaired of finding something like that in the US and in Arizona in particular. Our son has been at New Vistas for 2 years and will be entering Kindergarten this year and we love it. The curriculum encompasses a wide variety of topics and is very challenging. It does not teach down to the children, but instead, elevates the children to the top of their potential. It is amazing to me how much individual attention the students receive as well, allowing them to develop and learn in their own ways while maintaining the high standards expected there. It is a truly amazing school, offering a well-rounded education and unlimited opportunities to the children who attend.

Posted June 23, 2010

Dear New Vistas, Thank you for your gift! It definitely caught me off guard, but then again that has always been a hallmark of New vistas to care for and to love it's students, past and present. And I can't thank you all enough for that love because that has definitely made a huge impact in my life and the lives of the other 2004 graduates. Specifically, you taught us that there is more freedom to pursue our dreams when we are disciplined and hardworking and that we should never ever stop learning, exploring and growing. I can't thank you all enough for that rock solid foundation and I hope New Vistas will continue to give this all important gift, second only to life itself. God Bless!

Posted June 8, 2010

I spent 6 years at New Vistas, and in the time I was there not only did I receive a superior education I received it from caring loving teachers. That's incredibly hard to find these days. The office staff there is also amazing, they have a great family atmosphere. I sincerely feel that the education I received there instilled in me the proper skills to succeed in life today. I am just about to graduate with my Bachelor's degree and am planning to receive my Master's from Berkeley, and I am 110% positive that I would never even attempted to achieve such great goals without the outstanding educational foundation I received. And I am absolutely NOT one of those rich kids that supposedly gets everything handed to them. I worked hard to be where I am today and there is NO way I could have done it without New Vistas.

Posted June 8, 2010

I was pleased to find this website so that I could post my opinion regarding New Vistas Academy. My son attended your school several years ago and has continued to succeed in his education. He was challenged appropriately and guided by a caring staff. I was always impressed by the ability of the Directors to always do the 'right thing' for the student. New Vistas is an excellent school, where your child will receive an outstanding education.

Posted April 27, 2010

I am a New Vistas alumni, currently in High school. If you want your kids to grow up with very little and confused academic foundation, no social skills and the inability to be creative and think then send your kids to New Vistas. There were 11 groups in my math class of 18 students. Nothing was taught by the math teacher. Most of the teachers are there to socialize with the rich moms and take care of their children. I have major gaps in math and language and do not have good skills because of New Vistas. I have to re-learn a lot of things and overcome the gaps in my understanding. If you want your kids to be successful, keep them away from this school. This school is only for the rich kids who dont need to do anything when they grow up.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 30, 2009

New Vistas is academically superior to any other school in the East Valley. Looking back on my decisions as a parent, sending my three children to New Vistas is one I do not regret. I feel very fortunate to have found New Vistas and privileged to have had my children there. My children are all strong academically because of the foundation given by New Vistas. The curriculum is tried and true, and the teachers are highly dedicated, caring, and effective. Mrs. McFadyen s Home Reading Program is exceptional. When visiting preschools, I found no place other than New Vistas that gave children the freedom to grow academically without the restraints put forth in a typical classroom environment. The administrators and staff are wise and nurturing. If every young child in America could have a beginning like New Vistas provides, how wonderful that would be. New Vistas Academy is truly exceptional.

Asian 11% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Gifted specialist(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin)
Arabic languages
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Top Ten Primary and Intermediate School in the State of Ariz (2013)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Robotics club

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

Health & athletics

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Gifted specialist(s)

School start time
  • 9:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Carol Elias
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Gifted / high performing
  • Project-based
  • Teacher-run
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
Transportation options
  • Art room
  • Cafeteria
  • Computer lab
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
  • Poetry
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Drama club
  • National History Day
  • Robotics club
  • Spelling Bee

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school does not have a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips