New Vistas Center For Education 2

Posted January 26, 2015
This school was great for Kindergarten. My child made great strides with reading and language. 1st grade, I am not having great experience. They seem to rush the concepts through and I don't believe in advancing the child by just rushing on core concepts. Its been hard few months of first grade. Hope I find some benefit by end of the year.

New Vistas Center For Education 3

Posted January 20, 2015
Now at New Vistas, my child is learning at a very fast pace but is unhappy here. I hear complaints of endless worksheets, limited playground equipment, and fear of humiliation. The classroom teacher has threatened students that they would be "moved down to the lower math group" if they don't perform/complete their work without help. That is too much pressure, especially in the lower primary grades. Also, the campus is not as safe as it could be. There is a fence, but several gates and doors that lead to the classrooms are unlocked.

Posted July 09, 2014
As a teacher at New Vistas, I can confidently say that we take into consideration what students need globally to be successful in today's workforce. Students must possess three types of skills, basic academic skills (reading, writing, arithmetic, mathematics, speaking and listening), personal qualities (confidence, responsibility, self-management, sociability, and integrity), and thinking skills (creativity, problem-solving, reasoning, knowing how to learn). These are my goals for my students to achieve while they are with me. Every child is wired differently and the learning styles, strengths, interests, and skills needing improvement vary. I learn my students' skill levels, guide them to set goals, and help them achieve those goals. There is no ceiling at New Vistas to what children can accomplish. If this is what you would like for your child, please check us out! I believe you will find a loving, HAPPY environment. Teachers keep their certifications current with the AZ Dept. of Ed. If there is a teacher not yet certified, it is because our Directors see a natural gifted teacher! We trust the discernment of our Directors. Contact us for an appt. Enjoy!

Posted July 09, 2014
New Vistas is the school I was looking for, providing a culturally diverse, strong academic program. Also, I am happy to find extra-curricular classes of Robotics, Chess, Chinese Language Classes, Math Olympiads, Choir, Jump Bunch, and Theater. Teachers get to know families. It is an excellent school for our family.

New Vistas Center For Education 1

Posted July 03, 2014
Several of the teachers have no formal training in education, and they are not required to be certified teachers to work here. It seems that some of them are previous aides that became "teachers" when the need arose. We weren't all that impressed or willing to pay tuition for another year.

Posted June 27, 2014
I love this school! My oldest so. Will begin his 5th year here. I am excited that my youngest will also be attending his first year this fall. This school has an advanced curriculum unlike any other. When I compare what my son is doing to kids his age in other schools there is no comparison! The students at this school are a year or more beyond their current grade level. Not only are the students advanced, but they have grouping within each class as well in several subject areas. There is the classroom teacher and an aid in each class at all times. The staff also gets involved to individually help students. They have am individualized reading program and teacher. You can tell that the teachers and staff love their jobs. My son is so happy at this school and I am so glad I am setting him up to be successful.

Posted June 10, 2014
Excellent school for advanced/gifted learners. Allows children to work above 1 grade level ahead -- they can work 1, 2,3, 4 or more grade levels ahead. We love that they take the time and work with each individual student. There is a good mix of students and the teachers are all highly qualified and caring. My son loved the school and fell in love with the environment right away. Their dedication to the children and their educational needs far exceeds that of another public, charter or private school in the nearby area.

New Vistas Center For Education 3

Posted May 24, 2014
My child just finished up a year of Pre-K at New Vistas. The school is very academic - lots of worksheets. I wasn't too happy about the tuition. After registering, I realized that the payment schedule included 10 monthly tuition payments, but that the school year is only 9 months long. They got started around August 20th, and they finished on May 22nd. The school also takes a lot of unusual holidays, like the day after Halloween, an extra day at Thanksgiving, and a day off in May after parent-teacher conferences wrap up. So, not that easy for the working parent.

Posted May 10, 2014
This school needs more clubs/organizations, and sports teams. Also a bigger P.E. room. There needs to be more activities this school provides rather than just academic excellence.

Posted September 25, 2013
This school is the Best!!!!!!!!!! I have a very happy child in Kindergarten, he loves his teachers, the school, loves his work and does not feel pressure or overwhelmed. My son is able to advance at his own pace, is reading well, doing math and loves it. I learned not to to judge a book by its cover. Don't let the look of the school decide for you. Instead, sit in one of the classes, talk to the children, the parents, the teachers. The school might not be immaculate in every aspect, but the level of education that the children are receiving should be the deciding factor. This school has great teachers, the education is the best, kids and parents are treated with respect! The school is nice, clean, comfortable, and ready for learning. A+++

New Vistas Center For Education
670 N Arizona Ave Ste 35, Chandler, AZ  85225
Last modified New Vistas Center For Education is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
New Vistas Center For Education Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 71 reviews. Top