Posted July 24, 2014
Great school in a great neighborhood! Five stars all the way! Smaller class sizes on average

Posted June 19, 2014
Basha High .my daughter just finished her freshman year and I have to say, I couldn't be happier with her accomplishments this first year. She took three Honors classes this year and was in Avid program. She thrived! Her teachers were/are fantastic and dedicated to the students. She has many friends and to my knowledge has had no bad experiences thus far. She 's been on field trips to colleges and looking into universities around the country to attend already! I feel the teachers have encouraged this motivation of hers and are guiding her on a successful path! Gooo Bears!!

Posted June 18, 2014
Basha High has been a wonderful school for my children. We have had zero conflicts with other students, the ap program is great, the teachers are great, counselors and principal respond to emails within 24 hours, and sports and orchestra have been wonderful. My daughter graduated this yr with a full tuition offer from all az schools and my son is entering his junior yr. if you are moving from out of state and are looking for a good safe school, Basha is the right place.

Posted April 27, 2014
Basha is a great school! Everyone is friendly and nice. My child has been a part of the cheer team for several years now and I have nothing to complain about. The previous remark must been from an upset cheer member is no longer on the team and wasn't happy with the teams placement. Win some lose some. The cheer program and the coaches are awesome and care about the members. I would recommend this program to anyone that wanted to be coached by one of the best high school coaches out there. We love our coach and stand behind him.

Basha High School 1

Posted March 01, 2014
This school is horrible! After all the high schools I attended so far Basha is known as a "bully school" to all of them. Their cheerleaders do not get along with other schools, they pick random fights, and boo other schools during competitions. When I went to go support my school at a competition in November for State Qualifiers, Basha was bragging about how they other schools suck and that they were gone to take the big title home. When it was announced that Basha took 6th place I wasn't surprise when a lot of other schools were laughing their butts off and booing Basha, for once they got a taste of their own medicine. I agree Basha are pretty good at cheer, but one of the reasons a lot of school, if not all schools in the Phoenix, Glendale, Avondale area hate Basha is because they are big bullies!

Posted January 30, 2014
This is my 4th year as a bear and I have been completely satisfied with the school.From pep assemblies to football games I'm always having a blast. As for the cheer/Pom team, that I've been on for 3 years, is nothing like the comment below. The coach is amazing and does not prioritize winning. After getting the ONLY back to back state rings Basha has seen, it was taken away from us this past year. As for the coach he is very proud of us and he cant stress that enough to us. We work ourselves to the limit because it's what we love to do, winning is what WE strive for NOT what he expects. As for paying to be on the team, it is very cheap compared to any all star team or dance studio that DOES (coming from an experienced studio dancer that quit to join school activities) rob you of your money. He is the best coach ive ever had, and as for the person below who knows nothing about our team, watch our competition videos on youtube and tell me that each student doesnt want to be on the team WINNING. We love what we do regardless, and you can tell in our faces when we kill our routines that he has put every ounce of love into. Go Bears!

Basha High School 2

Posted November 14, 2013
Initially, we were pleased with Basha's apparent commitment to academics, however, many wonderful teachers have left this past year due to lack of administrative support and district budget cuts. The administration and athletic department doesn't resolve parent complaints about the cheer/pom program. They allow the coach to be financially irresponsible, rude and crass, fleece the parents of their money, and put students at risk for injury. Competition is prioritized rather than promoting school spirit and supporting other athletic programs. There appears to be a complete lack of supervision and disregard for the head coach's conduct; berating is not coaching. I would not recommend any parent allowing their child to participate in the cheer/pom program as it is the antithesis of what a true spirit line should be.

Posted September 06, 2013
So far so good! Considering my kid just started at Basha High this year I'm pretty pleased with the school and stuff overall! My kid is thriving and happy to be there. What more can a parent ask for?

Basha High School 4

Posted July 22, 2013
We came to Basha from a similarly ranked public high school in Montana. One daughter graduated from Basha in 2013; another will in 2015. Compared to the Montana high school, from which our eldest daughter graduated, I would say that Basha is a good school. The principal and teachers are very easy to communicate with. Some teachers are fantastic--smart, dedicated, loved by students, effective--and others are not. (It's a shame students can't publicly rate their teachers!) The student body is a mix of dedicated scholars and students who are there because they have to be. Basha offers a huge selection of AP classes and electives. Great field trips too! Chicago (band), Catalina Island (AP biology), Disneyland (orchestra), etc. What do students think? After listening to my own child (she's in all AP and honors classes and has a 4.3 gpa.) complain about teachers, students or homework, I have offered many times to take her out of Basha and enroll her at BASIS but she declines every time. :)

Posted December 01, 2011
I've gone to basha for 2 years now and I think it is one of the best high schools in arizona! The teachers are really cool and there are lots of classes for peoples different interests. The sports and band are very successful also. For the most part the students are really nice too. The administration isn't too strict but they do enforce the rules which is good

Basha High School
5990 South Val Vista Drive, Chandler, AZ  85249
Last modified Basha High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Basha High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top