Jane D. Hull Elementary School

Public | PK-6 & ungraded

Posted May 12, 2010

Wonderful school. My daughter loves it, and the teachers are the best.

Posted May 10, 2010

Great faculty and staff. We find this school to have a great balance between academics and arts.

Posted April 19, 2010

You can feel the love and support that the teachers and facility give to the students. Hull Elementary is like a big family.

Posted April 19, 2010

It's a welcoming place, where kids feel safe and really get an education.

Posted September 21, 2009

I am so impressed with Hull. Because of budgeting, the teachers (Kindergarten) no longer have assistants. In light of this, they are surpassing my expectations! I am thrilled to have my son attend this school.

Posted September 17, 2009

The parent involvement at this A+ school is beyond expectations! Our mascot is the 'Hull Heroes' and it shows through our teachers, principal, parents, AND in the students we are preparing to lead this country someday!

Posted September 17, 2009

Upon entering this school right away you get a positive vibe. My child started Kindergarten here last year, therefore this is our second year with Hull. The teachers and staff have been very helpful along the way and there is great parent participation at this school which I think is great! Hull is an A+ rated school and I give it an A++.

Posted September 16, 2009

Because my granddaughter just entered the first grade and she tells me how much she loves her school and her teacher.

Posted September 16, 2009

It really is a school community, with parents, kids, and staff all working together.

Posted August 2, 2009

I have two daughters attending Hull and we couldn't say enough about the entire experience. The teachers are very pro active and get us involved a lot. Their communication is amazing and I really feel that we have become a part of the school family. We would definately reccommend this school to any family!

Posted May 23, 2009

My daughter is about to graduate 2nd grade from Hull. I love it- the principal is so involved and so are all the teachers. They really go above and beyond here. Parental involvement is so high- often there is a 'lottery' to see which parents can volunteer for certain activities because there are so many wanting to help (or attend field trips). Speaking of field trips, the last two my child went on were free, no cost to us. The others were minimally priced, after all, the school isn't trying to profit off it. Hull was recently award the rating of A+ school, and we are all so proud. My child will be entering the self contained classroom of gifted students as a 3rd grader and I am very thrilled with how proactive the educators are here.

Posted May 27, 2008

I am definitely happy with Hull Elementary. I work fulltime and so I can't be as involved as the other moms, but I find it is super easy to communicate with the teachers and principal alike. I just type them a quick e-mail, and I get very timely and appropriate responses. Not to mention the fact that I have a written record of the exchange if, God forbid, issues persist (I've never run into any problems, though). To the person who said their grandkids can't afford field trips: many of us who are in a position to help out a needy child would do so in a heartbeat. Let the teacher know what the situation is. S/he isn't a mind-reader! Most have the child's best interest at heart and will make sure the child isn't left out, just so long as they know about it, and we parents can help too.

Posted November 2, 2007

I just want to say, when teachers bring in extra carricular activities, and field trips, the student always has to pay. But some students parents are out of work, and can't pay. If they don't pay they can not go on these trips. So they have to sit alone while there whole class is out having fun. The student feels terrible and is ostrisize. I think that is terrible. That is my comment. I am a grandparent. Thank you.

Posted August 18, 2007

I am a parent here and I think its wonderful.The teacher's are great,they have a well ordered disipline.The lunch and recess is scheduled by grade.The kids can either go out and play or stay in and watch a movie after lunch.There is P.E. and Music,computers,and a library.For 5th and 6th grade students are allowed to play an instrument.There are now two buildings.One for 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th grades.The 2nd building is for 6th.Trust me this school is a great place.My children come home happy.

Posted April 3, 2007

I've been involved since my child's first day of kindergarten. I love this school, but parent's must be involved for it to really shine. Some of the comments here leave me feeling that the nay-sayers are not involved personally. Join in!

Posted January 29, 2007

We moved to Chandler from California and are very happy with this school. The teachers and staff are great. The security measures at this school leave me feeling that my child is very safe. The level of academics is wonderful and there are always opportunities to do extracurricular activities.

Posted November 1, 2006

Jane Dee Hull Elementary is a top Arizona school. It has an outstanding principal who cares deeply about the students in her care as well as the community and the educators who work for her. The extremely qualified staff at Hull Elementary is top notch, and strive to do their best to ensure that every child in their classrooms are successful. I find it a privilege and an honor to work for one of Arizona s top schools.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 30, 2006

My boys have been at Hull for 4 years now and I've been happy with every teacher every year. The teachers work hard in making sure that kids are placed in the right class for the next year. Each of my boys learning style and teaching needs are considered when placing them in the next grade/class. I'm very impressed with all the teachers I've met and their dedication to teaching. The classes are large but they work hard at making sure they teach every kid at the level they are at.

Posted September 15, 2006

It seems like this school is more worried about test scores than creating a love of learning. It is very overcrowded with large classes. They are very worried about disapline at this school, a little to much sometimes.Kids are still kids, not little adults. Also there is a clique of parents who are in tight w/ the principal, and seem to run mostly everything.

Posted April 20, 2006

Hull has an exceptional ability to create interest in learning. My 5 children have attended 6 elementary schools over the past 10 years, Hull is by far the highest for academics.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

138 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

138 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

131 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 17%N/A47%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2424 E. Maren Drive