Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They work together as teams - building off of each others strengths. I have always loved each and everyone of the girls teachers throughout the years.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel that they do not overwhelm the students with an abundance of homework. I do not feel that students should have hours of homework each night in addition to classwork - this school is just about right.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school develops honesty, integrity and fairness by setting an example from the top down. From the principal to the teachers - I feel that they are always setting a great example for the students to follow.

Hull Elementary has been a spectacular school. Love our choice upon moving to Chandler! We have had several opportunities to move out of the boundaries but always stay because of this school.

For a school district, and entire state for that matter, known for disappointing schools, this one definitely earns 4 stars. Having been an educator myself, I would not go as far as giving it 5 stars, but I can see why some parents would! Generally, the school gives off a warm, community-centered feeling. Many families can walk to school, and can easily and eagerly attend special school functions. The school seems to do well with fund-raising while not making parents feel pressured to constantly give. Teachers smile at students and parents in the mornings and everyone generally feels happy to be there. Most importantly to me, my child feels happy and safe at school. His teacher seems very qualified and he is learning a good amount. My top two concerns: 1. the amount of junk food/treats they are passing out in the classrooms is tremendous and very behind-the-times 2. Way too many worksheets! There are many other ways to teach outside of constant worksheets. If this is your neighborhood school, you won't be disappointed.

Amount of homework: no rating

Their homework was weak and the teachers didn't truly care about homework. The homework given didn't really test or challenge the students and was pointless.

I Love Hull!! Teachers are super awesome and encouraging towards the kids education. My daughter will graduate from this school as is the best I have found in AZ.

This is school is top notch. Our children attended up until 4th grade and then we had to move out of state. Fortunately our children were well ahead of the students in their new school due to the education they received at Hull Elementary. We moved to Ohio and they have a very good educational system so this says a lot!

I love Jane D Hull! They are very informative and keep everyone up to date. They are truly there for the kids. They have that family atmosphere and want families to become involved, not only with their kids but all that is beind done at the school. They are big on volunteering your time and are very helpful. There is alot to do with the kids and in the classrooms. They are always open to suggestions and seem to have a well-rounded group of people on the PTO. This is a very positive and encouraging campus. My oldest went through there and has made friends which he has kept now through middle school. My younger 2 are still there and have many, many friends and know that they can turn to their teachers for anything. I really like how they approach and teach "bullying". My kids are aware and have learned so much from that. They know the difference and will stand up with their friends. It just brings out the character in them. I have seen them mature and grow into well-versed kids. It's awesome!

My school is terrific. It is a breath of fresh air. My child absolutely loves the teachers that teach at this school, the cirriculum they have at this school to better educate their students are outstanding. They are an A+ school and I totally agree that they should be. My child does not want to go to any other elementary school. They keep students and parents informed of upcoming events and testings through school newsletters and emails. This school believes in every student that attends and improving their weaknesses and building up their strengths. Way to go Jane D. Hull Elementary!!

Last modified Jane D. Hull Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.