K-6 & Ungraded
Chandler, AZ

Posted May 15, 2015
I've now had 2 children in this school during the past 5 years and I am very happy with the education they are receiving. I have had no problems with any of the teachers - some have been outstanding, while others have just been good - but none that I would complain about. The principal is intelligent, caring, and involved. They do teach a grade ahead, and compared to other public schools maybe it's not as "fun" of a school - but those things are positives, at least to me, and this is a "school of choice" after all...it may not be for everyone, but I doubt that any school is.

Chandler Traditional Academy - Liberty Campus 1

Posted March 07, 2015
Our student has attended CTA Liberty K-6. Our experience this year, her last has been by far not a good experience. She is a top student and strives to be the best. She is very conscientiousness and caring. For some reason this year the teachers have made her a target and have bullied her. The most recent example was free dress day where many girls wore very short hot pants and nothing was said by the teachers. Our student was singled out for clothing worn which she was very careful to choose and was proud to wear. She did wear long pants but was alarmed how other girls were allowed to wear short hot pants. We're very disappointed our daughters last year at CTA Liberty has been a bad experience as she was looking forward to her 6th grade. It's unfortunate the teachers have targeted her this year. This year can't end soon enough for us, we will not recommend CTA Liberty. This teacher bullying has been happening all year. One teacher went out of her way to verbally abuse our daughter in front of the entire class when she asked if she could receive her homework as she had to leave early.

Posted August 16, 2013
CTA Libert Acadamy as great racial diversity (many Children from Asian, Indian, and Hispanic descent). The teachers are wonderful and I feel that they genuinely care about the students. The students are disciplined and held to a higher standard. Sorry, but it is the PARENTS job to teach morals and CTA does a far better job of getting parents involved with their kids education than most schools. p.s. Having a 7% black enrollment in a city with a 4.8% black/African American population is pretty good. The black demographic for the majority of AZ schools is 5%.

Chandler Traditional Academy - Liberty Campus 1

Posted August 12, 2013
My son just started this school. If you notice the racial diversity, there's only 7% black. Well, enough said. I cant tell you the horrible things that have been said to my son already. He is smelly because he is black and some of the kids wont even play with him right infront of me on the park for no reason. The school I notice does not adequately monitor students on the play ground and I have noticed that a lot of these children are mean spirited and say terrible things to each other. What is the purpose of education if your child's spirit and self confidence will be broken by misguided children. They are big on education, I get it but where are the morals?
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 09, 2013
If you are on a search for the best school that you want to put your child/children I highly recommend CTA LIBERTY CAMPUS. As a parent of 5 kids in this school I encountered a lot of challenges which are good for my kids. Aside from homework everyday, math is highly taught here using SAXON Math not to mention accelerated reading. Parents are always involved on daily curricular activities.

Posted April 19, 2013
This is a very structured school, the parents are amazing and the principal is very nice. The staff and teachers are very kind. The kids are vey well behaved. Very good academically they make sure students understand the things they are studying. Very structured I recommend putting your kids in here. My kids love it

Posted October 28, 2012
I have two children who attended CTA LIberty. Sadly, we had to move and only made it to third grade with my oldest. We most definitely miss CTA. My children were ahead of the majority of the children in their new school. Their new school has been rated top notch as well. Yes, CTA is challenging, but your child will definitely be on top if you put forth the effort. Active parent participation is necessary for your child's success. We miss CTA very much! We wish CTA Liberty was here. The teachers are very organized and the school has their act together. The principal is very caring and knows how to run a top notch school.

Posted September 03, 2012
All 3 of my kids started here and my oldest 2 are now doing well at Basis Chandler, the AIMS isn't even an issue for them and much of this can be attributed to their 5-6 years at CTA Liberty. There is good discipline and most teachers are very good and careing and the principle listens, there are some teachers that are a little less "enthusiastic" but the vast majority are very helpful. They aslo have a good reading program.

Posted July 21, 2012
I've had my children in this school for two years. Their writing and math skills have improved dramatically (we came from an online school). It was tough to get in, the principal was very helpful and accepting, but a teacher got it in her mind that we were not "CTA material". She was very diplomatic about it, but that was the jist of her attitude. Thankfully the principal pulled through and let my kids attend. The academics are incredible, I am constantly amazed by the challenging projects they are assigned, but they also get plenty of guidance, so they can be successful *if* they work hard and are pretty organized. One of my children has struggled, since he is not so organized or disciplined, but we stuck it out (it was tempting to transfer him to a less challenging school). I am glad we did, as he is improving. As far as homework, expect from 1-2 hours, depending on grade level and on how "on task" your child (and you!) can be. If you have a daydreamer and you can't help them stay on task, expect long, harrowing evenings. Having said that my child who can stay on task is done in under one hour. The math curriculum is great (Saxon), and the "Spalding" writing delivers.

Posted February 13, 2012
Fantastic school and staff. Very supportive of the students. I am amazed at the level of learning that our Kindergarten is coming up with and excelling at. Phonograms, math, book reports, book reading groups. The fact that they teach them 1st grade lessons while in Kindergarten, then starting 1st grade doing 2nd grade work really shows you how intelligent kids are and that they can do more than we imagine. Very safe school and very great parent involvement.

Chandler Traditional Academy - Liberty Campus
550 N. Emmett, Chandler, AZ  85225
Last modified Chandler Traditional Academy - Liberty Campus is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chandler Traditional Academy - Liberty Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top