K-6 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Chandler Traditional Academy - Liberty Campus 4

Posted October 18, 2015
Our kid is in K this year. Discipline : The kids are given 3 ice-cream sticks beginning of the week. If they keep up with great behavior and making good choices throughout the week, they are allow to bring toys & enjoy free playtime on Friday. If they don't behave, the stick/(s) will be taken away & won't be allow to have free play on Friday. We like this system, my kid learn it early, be responsible of their own actions, understand the causes they made & consequences they'll get. Homework:. They are given 1-page of homework from Mon-Thurs only. In addition, we help to practice phonograms flash cards, Math & read books to them. The class is slightly bigger with more then 20 kids, we are appreciative that the Principal herself comes out to be the Crossing guard everyday. As parents, we have responsibilities to teach our kids at home & the school help to reinforce it. We are happy with the school!

Posted August 28, 2015
If you love your child/children do not send them to CTA Liberty. They will be bullied and ridiculed for the silliest things. When my child attended CTA Liberty my child would cry everyday and physically become sick because he didn't want to go to school and get yelled at. I was walking through the hallway one time as I was there volunteering and if I didn't see it for myself I wouldn't be writing this review. A teacher of a younger grade pulled a little boy by his arm and got in his face with clenched teeth and told him to tuck his shirt in. The little boy was very scared and had tears in his eyes. The next day I pulled my child from that school never saying a word to anyone about my experience there but it has been bothering me and I felt I needed to write this. Even tho I saved my child from that school I couldn't with a clear conscious sleep at night without writing about it. This is the first time I've every written a review good bad or indifferent. I'm not the type of person to do that but I felt this needed to be shared.

Chandler Traditional Academy - Liberty Campus
Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
They don't respect anyone. They are cruel and petty and worry more about if a shirt is tucked in than an education

Posted May 15, 2015
I've now had 2 children in this school during the past 5 years and I am very happy with the education they are receiving. I have had no problems with any of the teachers - some have been outstanding, while others have just been good - but none that I would complain about. The principal is intelligent, caring, and involved. They do teach a grade ahead, and compared to other public schools maybe it's not as "fun" of a school - but those things are positives, at least to me, and this is a "school of choice" after all...it may not be for everyone, but I doubt that any school is.

Posted March 07, 2015
Our student has attended CTA Liberty K-6. Our experience this year, her last has been by far not a good experience. She is a top student and strives to be the best. She is very conscientiousness and caring. For some reason this year the teachers have made her a target and have bullied her. The most recent example was free dress day where many girls wore very short hot pants and nothing was said by the teachers. Our student was singled out for clothing worn which she was very careful to choose and was proud to wear. She did wear long pants but was alarmed how other girls were allowed to wear short hot pants. We're very disappointed our daughters last year at CTA Liberty has been a bad experience as she was looking forward to her 6th grade. It's unfortunate the teachers have targeted her this year. This year can't end soon enough for us, we will not recommend CTA Liberty. This teacher bullying has been happening all year. One teacher went out of her way to verbally abuse our daughter in front of the entire class when she asked if she could receive her homework as she had to leave early.

Posted August 16, 2013
CTA Libert Acadamy as great racial diversity (many Children from Asian, Indian, and Hispanic descent). The teachers are wonderful and I feel that they genuinely care about the students. The students are disciplined and held to a higher standard. Sorry, but it is the PARENTS job to teach morals and CTA does a far better job of getting parents involved with their kids education than most schools. p.s. Having a 7% black enrollment in a city with a 4.8% black/African American population is pretty good. The black demographic for the majority of AZ schools is 5%.

Posted August 12, 2013
My son just started this school. If you notice the racial diversity, there's only 7% black. Well, enough said. I cant tell you the horrible things that have been said to my son already. He is smelly because he is black and some of the kids wont even play with him right infront of me on the park for no reason. The school I notice does not adequately monitor students on the play ground and I have noticed that a lot of these children are mean spirited and say terrible things to each other. What is the purpose of education if your child's spirit and self confidence will be broken by misguided children. They are big on education, I get it but where are the morals?

Posted June 09, 2013
If you are on a search for the best school that you want to put your child/children I highly recommend CTA LIBERTY CAMPUS. As a parent of 5 kids in this school I encountered a lot of challenges which are good for my kids. Aside from homework everyday, math is highly taught here using SAXON Math not to mention accelerated reading. Parents are always involved on daily curricular activities.

Posted April 19, 2013
This is a very structured school, the parents are amazing and the principal is very nice. The staff and teachers are very kind. The kids are vey well behaved. Very good academically they make sure students understand the things they are studying. Very structured I recommend putting your kids in here. My kids love it

Posted October 28, 2012
I have two children who attended CTA LIberty. Sadly, we had to move and only made it to third grade with my oldest. We most definitely miss CTA. My children were ahead of the majority of the children in their new school. Their new school has been rated top notch as well. Yes, CTA is challenging, but your child will definitely be on top if you put forth the effort. Active parent participation is necessary for your child's success. We miss CTA very much! We wish CTA Liberty was here. The teachers are very organized and the school has their act together. The principal is very caring and knows how to run a top notch school.

Chandler Traditional Academy - Liberty Campus
550 N. Emmett, Chandler, AZ  85225
Last modified Chandler Traditional Academy - Liberty Campus is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chandler Traditional Academy - Liberty Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 86 reviews. Top