Primavera - Online

Charter | 6-12 | 3160 students

Living in Chandler

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted August 5, 2013

I was a student here at Primavera and it was a horrible experience and a waste of my time. I took classes over the summer to get a head in school and maybe be able to graduate early, but that was not the case. Primavera failed to communicate with me and tell me that each class was only worth 1/2 of a credit and not a full one. When i saw my transcript i couldn't believe it. Not only that but it took them almost a month just to fax my transcripts to my primary high school. It was very hard to get a hold of someone to help, i would have to call more than once to talk to an actual person. I know of other people who have had these problems. Do not even waste you or your child's time with this school .

Posted August 5, 2013

Very confused organization. Signed my kid up for the wrong classes. The online system was down for almost two weeks out of a 6 week term. I think they are just in it for the $. One class had 3 teachers in 6 weeks!! I wonder why this is? Do they treat the teachers well?

Posted August 4, 2013

My daughter is an honors student who became ill; we transferred to Primavera from a wonderful public school...and we love it! She loves to work independently, is excited and challenged by the interesting curriculum, and scored high on the recent AIMS tests. She is always able to reach her teachers quickly (and they have all been passionate, knowledgeable and committed), and I have always found the advisors to be consistently responsive, My daughter will be a freshman this year, and we look forward to her participating in the coubs and events that are offered. As a parent, I am very grateful for Primavera; the teachers, advisors and curriculum are outstanding!

Posted July 18, 2013

Finding Primavera Online High School has been a most amazing experience as a parent of a bright kid who does not fit into the systems regimented style. He excels at history, English, and science but has struggled to remain organized and get paperwork into his teachers. This is a very good school for students who love to learn independently and I wish I had used this school sooner. From his freshman year to his senior year my son has shown applied learning, had teachers praise his abilities and learned to focus and interact with others in a creative learning environment. The work is not easy but his teachers have adobe sessions and office hours to guide and help any student having issues. Being involved and staying on top of what my son does at Primavera is easy on the dashboard. It gives graduation progress and unofficial transcripts. The support staff of Primavera has been helpful. His advisers and counselors have been informative and pleasant to talk with even when things go wrong. My son has a job and volunteers at our Fire Department and is planning on attending college. I highly recommend this to any parent who is wanting a more active role in the education of your child.

Posted July 16, 2013

I was overall happy with Primavera online. It was easy for my son since he left a private Catholic school but everyone was really nice and helpful. Ryan was espcecially fast to respond and evry helpful.

Posted July 16, 2013

Primavera is an online school so of course there will be some tech problems, as long as your teacher is informed the grade and problem will get fixed. I love Primavera, adobe sessions are my favorite. They are group or one on one virtual tutoring sessions, teachers make them enjoyable not boring like a lecture. In order to be a successful student at primavera you need to push yourself to do the work on time and go to teachers with any questions. Parents get access to grades, teachers, and work 24/7 like students. I would recommend this school to any *ambicious* student, they need to be the kind to not set off work.

Posted July 8, 2013

Lots of problems at Primavera: Math was the first 2 blocks and not revisited without an "additional load" so therefore Aims was a bomb! Have to double up on work load to have Thanksgiving and other holidays off. I called a teacher for help and he told me I had to schedule an appointment. I could only talk to him once a week for 10 minutes. Where's the help there. So on Thanksgiving, if I had trouble on Monday and had to wait until Wednesday to talk to him, and I had to double up to have the holiday off, how do I get Thanksgiving off now! The also changed the program set up right before summer break, and there were glitches galore, more problems! The classes themselves are full of glitches. The computer program says an answer is wrong, but it really is not. But, I have to wait until my scheduled appointment to call to find out if it is right or wrong? No breaks, lousy program, some poor teachers. That's just off the top of my head, I'd have to rewind the year all over again, and that's just too stressful. Some teachers were great. I had a writing teacher who spent a lot of time with me, but she was gone the next block. Oops, probably spent over the allotted 10 min. per student!

Posted July 8, 2013

New to this school...my daughter is having constant technical difficulties. We have a home computer that now has some virus...then I had my daughter us our laptop and is having some type of continuous glitches. We leave 10 messages before we get 1 returned call and still can't help!!! Frustrated!

Posted July 8, 2013

Problems since day 1...Very difficult to get a hold of any enrollment advisor. Left 8 messages...never got a call returned. When finally speaking to an advisor and tech support, there was no resolve. Both staff members could not and did not help with the online technical glitches and could not offer any solution. Used both home computer and purchased a brand new laptop..but they kept saying it was problems in my end. I had not had any virus problems or glitches in my computer or laptop until my daughter began her online course. Very frustrated!! I cannot give ratings on teacher quality, because I have not had any contact with one..nor principle leadership..again no contact.

Posted June 21, 2013

Primavera has been the perfect choice for my lifestyle. I believe that Primavera is an inspiring match for many others as well. Yes you have to be motivated, yes you have to try; but with the personalized education Primavera staff provides learning is definitely encouraged and made fun for everyone. At age 11 my mother passed and my father abandoned me, so I moved in with my older brother and wife. I work 50+ hours a week to help support my household. In addition, I volunteer at a local hospital as I aspire to become an OB-GYN. I was also apart of various clubs at Primavera Online, such as Student Government. When I began at Primavera for my freshman year of high school I was worried that I wouldn't have the socialization I had with traditional schooling however I was happily surprised that Primavera has clubs and social events to keep you involved, as well as make you feel comfortable. I am in Primavera's "Class of 2013", graduating a whole year early because of Primavera Online. Through my full time job, my volunteer work, and extracurricular activities Primavera made it possible for me to succeed. Finishing #8 out of 681 students, anything is possible. Thank you Primavera!

Posted June 10, 2013

My student finished his senior year at Primavera due to a medical issue that caused him to miss a lot of school and get behind in traditional school. At Primavera, I felt like the teachers were more involved and interested in his success more than at regular high school. The counselors rocked!!! And my student actually graduated high school with 6 college credits under his belt.

Posted May 20, 2013

I have been a student at Primavera for a year and a half. To be honest I wish I would have started online school a long time ago. I was unsure at first about doing online school but once I got started with Primavera I realized it was the best educational decision I have ever made. At my previous high school I encountered many problems. The teachers were rude and unhelpful unless of course your parent was with you. The majority of students were wrapped around in the world and only cared about drama and inappropriate topics. It got to the point where I was extremely unhappy and felt like school wasn't even about having a good education, it felt like it was more based on drama and students social lives. Primavera allowed me to concentrate on my schoolwork and focus on what really mattered, my education. Eventually when I was steady with my courses and use to the settings of online high school I began working a full time job and still was able to succeed in my courses. Primavera gave me so many more opportunities than public school could have ever offered me.

Posted May 17, 2013

I am very happy with Primavera! They have worked very hard to make sure my kids had what they needed and to help in anyway possible. Ryan Peterson was awesome thru this experience. I have 2 other children that I will be putting in Primavera. Thank you so much!

Posted May 16, 2013

After reading some of these reviews, I wonder if my daughter is attending the same school! Primavera has been a positive experience for us. I personally found the courses easy to follow, to cover the appropriate material, and to be in line with my daughter's learning style. The grade book is easy to navigate and your child's student advisor is always more than happy to answer any questions. To address the issue a student had with working during school hours, I must say that during the time that my daughter was unable to be in contact with the school for a variety of reasons, I was able to act as the contact point: pass along information, ask questions, and answer the teacher's/advisor's questions. Although the curriculum is online, having weekly contact with the school is not just recommended it is required. My experience is that the teachers do make themselves available, many of them offering help when needed during their "free" time. Teacher's aids are also available during alternate/later hours. Each teacher runs a live adobe session once per week, if not on multiple days; some of these sessions are during the day, but many teachers run theirs "after hours" around 6, 7 P.M.

Posted February 4, 2013

They DO NOT know what they are doing or how to handle their students properly. One block your in a math class and half-way through it they decide to put you in another math class for NO REASON WHAT-SO-EVER. This has happened countless times; it's not a one time occurrence. Also, their diploma only recognized by a couple of colleges, good luck getting into a good one with their diploma I would highly recommend going to a different school.

Posted January 14, 2013

I have worked with Primavera for a short time and I must say, their employees are truly focused on making Primavera student's experience the best possible. The CEO is all about making things better and more user friendly, which helps their students learn more and hit their academic goals. The negative reviews I have read seem very uncharacteristic of what Primavera is about, so keep in mind that although Primavera provides the tools, the students have take ownership of their education and make the effort to reach their goals. Primavera staff will do everything in their power to help struggling students stay on track and get their diploma.

Posted November 25, 2012

I have had the privilege of teaching at Primavera for over a year now and it has been a great experience. This is my first teaching job out of college and, while I did have other options, I chose Primavera because I could tell the administrative staff would be there to support me and help me as a new teacher. Turns out my intuition was correct. The (current) principal has been a guiding mentor throughout the last 18 months and I really couldn't have supported the kids without her. She's shown me how to put the students first and provide them the quality education they deserve. Other schools pull teachers in many different directions, but I've always felt the decisions and changes to the school curriculum and student handbook are there to help the succeed. Each day I'm excited to help students who thrive in our online environment because a traditional school didn't work out for them. I'm glad we can offer a variety of ways for students to learn in today's age and Primavera excels as an online school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 16, 2012

I wanted to share my excitement about Primavera. Have had so many students say it is the first time they have felt successful in school. The classes are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Teachers, support staff and technical help is easily reached for any questions and are ready to help. The leadership team is lead by Principal Bender. She has such a rich history in education. In her implementing of new procedures the best interest of the student is always in the fore front of her decision making. The principal and her assistants are so easily reached by phone and email if ever a question needs answered. Such a forward thinking school that provides all the tools to be a success!

Posted October 14, 2012

I have to agree with the review below. The place is literally run by so-called adults that act like children. The CEO and managers line their pockets with taxpayer money while they churn out poorly-designed curriculum and websites with numerous flaws. Employee turnover is very high. Don't be fooled by their slick advertising, if they were any good they wouldn't need it.

Posted August 29, 2012

We have found the school to be lacking in support. Teachers often are unavailable, some only available two hours during a day and then in the evening. There are computer glitches and when there is a problem it often takes some time to be resolved. Parents do not have the access they should have either and it is difficult to figure out exactly what's happening when looking online anyway. The classes are 5 weeks long, but if you're not making it through you just fail and have to retake the course. As a previous homeschooling family, we have been disappointed in the lack of attention. When at a get to know you event, students had an attitude of "it doesn't matter, I can just retake the class." Taking only two courses at a time sounds good, but if there's no special attention when needed, what good is it? If your child is already above average it will work well, but if your student needs help with some subjects, Primavera leaves something to be desired. We will be leaving after this session.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

190 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

190 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

590 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

594 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

583 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • This school did not receive a designation in 2009-2010.
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 45%N/A47%
Female 59%N/A49%
Male 41%N/A51%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2471 N. Arizona Ave