Primavera - Online

Charter | 6-12 | 3160 students

Living in Chandler

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted June 25, 2012

My son was failing 9th grade, until I enrolled him in Primavera. He has received 4 A and 2 B grades within the past 3 months. He is so much happier and less stressed than before. That is great for my husband and I also. I recommend this school to any parent that has a child that is struggling or having problems in traditional school. All staff that we have came into contact with have been great and really care about your child. They do work in 6 week time frames and students take 2 courses at a time. It makes more time for the kids to stay on 1 subject and have a better chance of learning it. When my son had 6 courses at once, it seemed like he was always trying to catch up. We really like that the classes are open 24 hours a day. So students can work in their own time schedule. My son has a learning disability and this really helps, because some days he works great and others he seems to know nothing. Everyone is so caring and helpful.

Posted June 4, 2012

This school isn't worth it at all. I've been a student at Primavera for a year, and in that time, I've learned more from Google than being here. I originally came to Primavera in the hopes of having more freedom, but, being an advanced computer user and Linux user, I found myself being forced to install Windows in order to do anything, since it relies heavily on aging software such as Flash. On top of that, I hold a full-time job that goes from 9 AM to 5 PM, so I am unable to answer their phone calls. I've told my counselor and teachers about this via E-Mail, but they have resorted to calling me 4-5 times in a row in the hopes that I'd answer. Because of this, as well as my job's strict policy of not being able to answer phone calls, I've been forced to block them from calling me. They haven't responded to any E-Mails I've sent them regarding important things (such as a death in my family which made me unable to do a week of school), and because of the huge lack of communication, I've failed more classes than I did at a regular high school. The only things I've received from them are automated e-mails. Overall, I'm very disappointed and will be going back to a normal school.

Posted January 25, 2012

Oh my gosh. This school. :D It's like sjdhafhskdfj AMAZING! I love it I have been with Primavera since 9th grade. and I'm now a 11th grader:) it's just amazing! I love the one-on-one with the teachers& how they are always there! Like if you need help on something they are just a phone call away. They make sure you understand the question... BEST SCHOOL EVER no doubt about it. I would strongly recommend this school ;D

Posted January 24, 2012

The school work on the site is very difficult to navigate & understand what your child is suppose to be doing. It frustrated & confused my daughter & it made things even more confusing talking to her teacher who lacked good communication skills. I wold not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 22, 2011

Disappointed to learn school was not focused on credit recovery. Students can only take 1 core subject at a time and 1 elective, which means they concentrate on only 1 subject for 30+ hrs a wk, during the entire length of the course. In additon, they require student's struggling in math to take 1 core math course along with an AIMS math elective - this causes students to become confused and fail the course because they are having to master two different math concepts at one time. This practice is indicative of an administration who is more concerned with their overall AIMS score, which defines the school s performance, rather than helping student s reach their academic goals. Apart from the administration, the teachers seem to care and their online video lessons are engaging. Some info you may or may not like: Student s are required to speak to their teachers over the phone each week. They are also required to post 10 comments, 3-4 sentences long, on the Student Discussion Board each week.

Posted November 10, 2011

BEST SCHOOL EVER! Hi, my name is Anastasia, and I have been a freshmen student here at Primavera for.. Four months? And it is so amazing, I'm not even kidding. It is so much more simple, and teaches more here, and my teachers actually listen to me and help me individually. I only take 2-4 classes a block, but their program make you graduate earlier :)) I am taking 4 classes, and now thanks to my AWESOME school, I will graduate in 2012 December, when I'm 15. I actually have a bigger social life than ever before O_O.. primavera has a jillion clubs that students can choose from, and they can talk to each other face-to-face and go onb field trips, hang out, go to dances etc! I'm in Student Government (I'm senator), Club ASU (Looks brilliant on a college resume), and Key Club. When I first saw this school, I was blinded by its awesomeness ;)

Posted October 11, 2010

The traditional classroom isn't right for everyone! For a truly individualized, personalized education, Primavera is simply the best choice there is. With today's busy schedules, being able to learn at your own pace, in your own time, is a huge plus. Your classroom is there 24 hours a day, seven days a week! The best part - it's free! I've never had the privilege to work with a more dedicated group of professionals. My students are simply the best! I couldn't recommend Primavera more highly. Whether you simply want an alternative to a traditional classroom, want to graduate early, have children, have health issues, have legal issues, or just want a change, Primavera is here to help!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 20, 2009

Such a wonderful school, no other online schooling is better.

Posted August 13, 2009

I attended Primavera for my senior year of high school so that I could work full time and still complete my education. It was a truly great experience- the teachers worked with me and my unique schedule, and were very quick at getting back to me when I needed my questions answered. One short month after graduating with Primavera I obtained an Enrollment Advisor position with them, and I love sharing my experience as a student with those who are new to our school. :)

Posted March 23, 2005

great school amazing program.
—Submitted by a former student

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

190 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

190 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

590 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

594 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

583 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • This school did not receive a designation in 2009-2010.
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 45%N/A47%
Female 59%N/A49%
Male 41%N/A51%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2471 N. Arizona Ave