Primavera - Online

Charter | 6-12 | 3160 students

Living in Chandler

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted June 27, 2014

I have just recently graduated from Primavera Online High School. I was nervous at first because I wasn't sure how I would do with being home schooled. I started at the begining of my junior year and I am very happy I joined Primavera because I received a lot of help and the teachers are wonderful. Guidence councilors and student advisors are always avaiable and helpful. My councilor was on top of everything, had me signed up for my class on time and kept track of my graduation process. Teachers were always so helpful during the classes as well. I know a lot of parents worry about online schools being too easy and let me tell you that is not the case! Primavera is just as challenging as any other high school. They also have great programs and groups so that the kids can still socialize. I would absolutely advise anyone looking at online schooling to go with Primavera.

Posted June 15, 2014

When I first came to Primavera Online High School I was already a senior. I had struggled socially at my previous high school and we decided I needed a fresh start. From the beginning, Primavera has been amazing. They are straightforward, honest, and easy to work with in all aspects. While I didn't struggle academically, the way that Primavera is structured forced me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to interact with my fellow students at least once a week. The teachers are wonderful, and give their precious time away to help their students. Overall, I have to say that Primavera HS has been the best learning experience for me in high school. There is no bullying, gossip or distractions which can cause academic or social struggles. The teachers are very professional and good at what they do. The counselors and student advisers are incredibly invested in the student's well-being academically and otherwise. Lastly, the entire program which Primavera uses is excellent and was recently renovated. It's extremely easy to use. This school saved my grades and my social life, and I would highly recommend it for anyone in high school.

Posted June 9, 2014

Primavera for me, at the simplest can be described as an extraordinary school to attend as a part-time student. The classes are great with extremely interactive courses. Some things which consist of in this program include daily lessons, Adobe sessions, projects and much much more. I thank this experience to all my great teachers: Mrs. Walker, Ms. Inere, and Ms. Massalha.

Posted June 4, 2014

I love the gradation that was done for my daughter, It was beautiful and I would recommend it to any family. The school offers all the activities for seniors as any other high school. U ROCK!!!!!!!

Posted June 4, 2014

I was a student to this school. I love this school. Primavera has helped me accomplish something important in life that not a lot of people do. This school sysyem is great and the staff is great.

Posted May 27, 2014

Primavera is a very biased school. They have no respect for their students and do not contact them, its like they're avoiding you. The courses always glitch and crash. Teachers are not cooperative. The school often brings up religion its their courses and will often ask your opinion and tell you its wrong and grade you on it. Don't do full time here. Part time maybe. Or find another charter school.

Posted May 15, 2014

This school is horrible. They treat students like they're delinquents and have zero respect for them over the phone or through email. I've never had an issue with a teacher but the student advisors and counselors are absolutely horrid to work with. Just go to regular school, don't make the same mistake I did.

Posted April 7, 2014

Flexible schedule and focused courses with constant teaching and support. Counselors are helping my son chart a course for a four year university and are accommodating his course needs and personnel challenges.

Posted January 2, 2014

My son finished his high school career online through Prima Vera. He took 9 classes, all but 1 had a fabulous, very involved teacher. His final 6 weeks included both English 12A and 12B. The teachers, Weiss and Forrester were both motivating and caring men. I applaud the strategies and time that they put forth to their students. My son's advisor, Ryan P. was more involved with my son's schooling than any advisor has been in the private schools that 3 of my kids have attended. He, and the other advisors were always willing to walk me through any issues that I had. My only complaint is a technical issue that arose when my son took 2 math classes that needed to use the same program. The issue was taken care of with the help of the tech dept. and the teachers involved. Online High School may not be for everyone, but for my son, it has been a lifesaver. I rated parent involvement with 1 star. We live in Tucson, Prima Vera is in Chandler. I think that the parent involvement rating should be removed for the online school. Frankly, I am tired of planning class parties and bake sales, so the online program was a positive for me, as well.

Posted December 30, 2013

I am a student at Primavera and to be honest it has some good and bad to it. The good things are that my advisers were always interested in helping me and called to se how I was going. The classes like reading and science and art, you have to do 5 project which I think is way to much. But in other classes like history you only do three. And in my algebra class you don't do any projects. The bad things are that it is easy to do the workbook but they have way to many activities. And when teachers get brakes we don't! I also don't like how they want me to spend 6 or more hours on it daily.

Posted November 20, 2013

The website it awful. It glitches, it says that correct answers are wrong, sometimes there are questions on things you'll be covering in the next section. It's these small errors that can lead to lots of frustration and a few points determining what letter grade you get.

Posted October 21, 2013

Not only is the service here awful, but the staff and teachers also deliberately ignore students when they feel like it. As a victim of an inconsistent grading criteria, I called as well as emailed many times to plead for the reconsideration of my grade however was only met by empty promises and being blocked from several attempts at communicating. My class was comprised of myself and one other student.The issue was that there was a discussion section in which it was required that one post at least ten sentences for a 100%. Posting 20 sentences, I received full credit on one discussion section but received 87% for 27 sentences. What is even more ludicrous is the criteria that discussions require which include responding to a classmate. However, there were sections in which my classmate and my teacher did not post in leaving me stranded to elaborate on the discussion which led to an almost coordinated failure. I do not recommend this school for anyone with an actual intent to learn or to succeed. The school has many holes and inconsistencies which are completely destructive to the learning process as well as to the overall grade.

Posted October 17, 2013

There are many issues with this school, I'll be the first to admit, but I've never had a teacher that was rude or not interested in helping me. I've had many teachers go above and beyond to encourage and help me finish when I've gotten behind. Yes, the horrendous update messed up the site for awhile (even causing me to be unable to finish my block which did anger me). I loved everything the way it used to be, there wasn't really anything wrong with it that the update fixed so it seemed pretty unnecessary, so I don't understand why they felt the need to try and make it fresh, but whatever. Yes, there are frustrating glitches. Yes, for two hours a night the site is down for some reason which is also frustrating, but every staff member I've ever talked to has been overtly helpful and kind. The school isn't great, I'll give you that, there's much to complain about, sometimes I even think about switching, but it is convenient. It's an okay school, but the staff, at least in my experience, has always been wonderful. (I've never called tech support, so I can't attest for them, but my current student advisor, all of my teachers, and my past enrollment advisors have been amazing.)

Posted September 27, 2013

I for one have lost any and all faith I'd had in taking online classes. The teachers are uninterested and unhelpful, the tech support was no support at all, and their database is so flawed that it put me and my classmates weeks behind in work. When we told their tech department they basically said, "Sorry, but we're not sorry, figure it out on your own." I was so frustrated and I've spent my nights in tears because I've been so frustrated and nervous. I'm going to fail my class because of their hugely flawed system. 0/10 I would not recommend this school to anyone. Thankfully, this credit isn't imperative for me to obtain but for anyone who would be in that situation I would not recommend you would even put yourself through the stress and pain that this class would inflict upon you. DON'T DO IT.

Posted September 24, 2013

Worst I've ever dealt with!!! My daughters advisors never contacted her even though she reached out multiple times. Her teachers were rude and uninterested in helping her. The curriculum was random and often unexplained. Grading was irrational. My daughter spent most nights in tears because she was so stressed. They did not respond to emails, voicemails or portal messages. Took months to process her transcripts and even LOST HER CREDITS!!! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE. TERRIBLE SCHOOL

Posted August 30, 2013

Honestly this is the worst school I have ever been to. I have a lot of medical problems and because of them I can't attend a physical school. This school is awful, the site is down CONSTANTLY which prevents you from doing any work. When the site was down for almost a week, instead of giving everyone more time to complete the course they forced us to catch back up, punishing us for something we had no control over All the classes are badly organized, to the point where there will be questions on a quiz that are only taught in the lessons following the quiz! They honestly don't care about their students learning the material. Some teachers really do care about their students but most couldn't care less and consider this school as an easy paycheck. Please don't waste your time with this school.

Posted August 28, 2013

Primavera cares more about creating an image that they care about their students learning. They only care about their enrollment numbers and how many students "pass." Teachers are paid bonuses based on how many students "pass." Teachers will pass students just to gain the extra money and not worry about the student actually learning the material. More than half the students in evey class fail or should fail the classes. The setup is ridiculous and the administrators are not properly trained. I Would never work there again or send my children there. Students deserve a better school!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 8, 2013

Glad to see Primavera is still a screwed up mess of a company since I left 2 years ago. Hopefully it will be shut down soon and the clueless losers that run it will be out of a job, especially in the IT and Curriculum department. The only ones that were any good have long since left. The "positive" reviews are faked by the marketing department.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 8, 2013

I am a student at primavera and I like it very much!! the teachers are nice and when they call I always end up talking to them for more than 10 minutes, they also tutor me via adobe session and present slide shows and provide helpful videos, its really cool. **

Posted August 5, 2013

I was a student here at Primavera and it was a horrible experience and a waste of my time. I took classes over the summer to get a head in school and maybe be able to graduate early, but that was not the case. Primavera failed to communicate with me and tell me that each class was only worth 1/2 of a credit and not a full one. When i saw my transcript i couldn't believe it. Not only that but it took them almost a month just to fax my transcripts to my primary high school. It was very hard to get a hold of someone to help, i would have to call more than once to talk to an actual person. I know of other people who have had these problems. Do not even waste you or your child's time with this school .

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

190 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

190 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

590 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

594 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

583 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • This school did not receive a designation in 2009-2010.
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 45%N/A47%
Female 59%N/A49%
Male 41%N/A51%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2471 N. Arizona Ave