Primavera - Online

Charter | 6-12 | 3160 students

Living in Chandler

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Sweep tile

Posted April 7, 2014

Flexible schedule and focused courses with constant teaching and support. Counselors are helping my son chart a course for a four year university and are accommodating his course needs and personnel challenges.

Posted January 2, 2014

My son finished his high school career online through Prima Vera. He took 9 classes, all but 1 had a fabulous, very involved teacher. His final 6 weeks included both English 12A and 12B. The teachers, Weiss and Forrester were both motivating and caring men. I applaud the strategies and time that they put forth to their students. My son's advisor, Ryan P. was more involved with my son's schooling than any advisor has been in the private schools that 3 of my kids have attended. He, and the other advisors were always willing to walk me through any issues that I had. My only complaint is a technical issue that arose when my son took 2 math classes that needed to use the same program. The issue was taken care of with the help of the tech dept. and the teachers involved. Online High School may not be for everyone, but for my son, it has been a lifesaver. I rated parent involvement with 1 star. We live in Tucson, Prima Vera is in Chandler. I think that the parent involvement rating should be removed for the online school. Frankly, I am tired of planning class parties and bake sales, so the online program was a positive for me, as well.

Posted December 30, 2013

I am a student at Primavera and to be honest it has some good and bad to it. The good things are that my advisers were always interested in helping me and called to se how I was going. The classes like reading and science and art, you have to do 5 project which I think is way to much. But in other classes like history you only do three. And in my algebra class you don't do any projects. The bad things are that it is easy to do the workbook but they have way to many activities. And when teachers get brakes we don't! I also don't like how they want me to spend 6 or more hours on it daily.

Posted November 20, 2013

The website it awful. It glitches, it says that correct answers are wrong, sometimes there are questions on things you'll be covering in the next section. It's these small errors that can lead to lots of frustration and a few points determining what letter grade you get.

Posted October 21, 2013

Not only is the service here awful, but the staff and teachers also deliberately ignore students when they feel like it. As a victim of an inconsistent grading criteria, I called as well as emailed many times to plead for the reconsideration of my grade however was only met by empty promises and being blocked from several attempts at communicating. My class was comprised of myself and one other student.The issue was that there was a discussion section in which it was required that one post at least ten sentences for a 100%. Posting 20 sentences, I received full credit on one discussion section but received 87% for 27 sentences. What is even more ludicrous is the criteria that discussions require which include responding to a classmate. However, there were sections in which my classmate and my teacher did not post in leaving me stranded to elaborate on the discussion which led to an almost coordinated failure. I do not recommend this school for anyone with an actual intent to learn or to succeed. The school has many holes and inconsistencies which are completely destructive to the learning process as well as to the overall grade.

Posted October 17, 2013

There are many issues with this school, I'll be the first to admit, but I've never had a teacher that was rude or not interested in helping me. I've had many teachers go above and beyond to encourage and help me finish when I've gotten behind. Yes, the horrendous update messed up the site for awhile (even causing me to be unable to finish my block which did anger me). I loved everything the way it used to be, there wasn't really anything wrong with it that the update fixed so it seemed pretty unnecessary, so I don't understand why they felt the need to try and make it fresh, but whatever. Yes, there are frustrating glitches. Yes, for two hours a night the site is down for some reason which is also frustrating, but every staff member I've ever talked to has been overtly helpful and kind. The school isn't great, I'll give you that, there's much to complain about, sometimes I even think about switching, but it is convenient. It's an okay school, but the staff, at least in my experience, has always been wonderful. (I've never called tech support, so I can't attest for them, but my current student advisor, all of my teachers, and my past enrollment advisors have been amazing.)

Posted September 27, 2013

I for one have lost any and all faith I'd had in taking online classes. The teachers are uninterested and unhelpful, the tech support was no support at all, and their database is so flawed that it put me and my classmates weeks behind in work. When we told their tech department they basically said, "Sorry, but we're not sorry, figure it out on your own." I was so frustrated and I've spent my nights in tears because I've been so frustrated and nervous. I'm going to fail my class because of their hugely flawed system. 0/10 I would not recommend this school to anyone. Thankfully, this credit isn't imperative for me to obtain but for anyone who would be in that situation I would not recommend you would even put yourself through the stress and pain that this class would inflict upon you. DON'T DO IT.

Posted September 24, 2013

Worst I've ever dealt with!!! My daughters advisors never contacted her even though she reached out multiple times. Her teachers were rude and uninterested in helping her. The curriculum was random and often unexplained. Grading was irrational. My daughter spent most nights in tears because she was so stressed. They did not respond to emails, voicemails or portal messages. Took months to process her transcripts and even LOST HER CREDITS!!! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE. TERRIBLE SCHOOL

Posted August 30, 2013

Honestly this is the worst school I have ever been to. I have a lot of medical problems and because of them I can't attend a physical school. This school is awful, the site is down CONSTANTLY which prevents you from doing any work. When the site was down for almost a week, instead of giving everyone more time to complete the course they forced us to catch back up, punishing us for something we had no control over All the classes are badly organized, to the point where there will be questions on a quiz that are only taught in the lessons following the quiz! They honestly don't care about their students learning the material. Some teachers really do care about their students but most couldn't care less and consider this school as an easy paycheck. Please don't waste your time with this school.

Posted August 28, 2013

Primavera cares more about creating an image that they care about their students learning. They only care about their enrollment numbers and how many students "pass." Teachers are paid bonuses based on how many students "pass." Teachers will pass students just to gain the extra money and not worry about the student actually learning the material. More than half the students in evey class fail or should fail the classes. The setup is ridiculous and the administrators are not properly trained. I Would never work there again or send my children there. Students deserve a better school!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 8, 2013

Glad to see Primavera is still a screwed up mess of a company since I left 2 years ago. Hopefully it will be shut down soon and the clueless losers that run it will be out of a job, especially in the IT and Curriculum department. The only ones that were any good have long since left. The "positive" reviews are faked by the marketing department.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 8, 2013

I am a student at primavera and I like it very much!! the teachers are nice and when they call I always end up talking to them for more than 10 minutes, they also tutor me via adobe session and present slide shows and provide helpful videos, its really cool. **

Posted August 5, 2013

I was a student here at Primavera and it was a horrible experience and a waste of my time. I took classes over the summer to get a head in school and maybe be able to graduate early, but that was not the case. Primavera failed to communicate with me and tell me that each class was only worth 1/2 of a credit and not a full one. When i saw my transcript i couldn't believe it. Not only that but it took them almost a month just to fax my transcripts to my primary high school. It was very hard to get a hold of someone to help, i would have to call more than once to talk to an actual person. I know of other people who have had these problems. Do not even waste you or your child's time with this school .

Posted August 5, 2013

Very confused organization. Signed my kid up for the wrong classes. The online system was down for almost two weeks out of a 6 week term. I think they are just in it for the $. One class had 3 teachers in 6 weeks!! I wonder why this is? Do they treat the teachers well?

Posted August 4, 2013

My daughter is an honors student who became ill; we transferred to Primavera from a wonderful public school...and we love it! She loves to work independently, is excited and challenged by the interesting curriculum, and scored high on the recent AIMS tests. She is always able to reach her teachers quickly (and they have all been passionate, knowledgeable and committed), and I have always found the advisors to be consistently responsive, My daughter will be a freshman this year, and we look forward to her participating in the coubs and events that are offered. As a parent, I am very grateful for Primavera; the teachers, advisors and curriculum are outstanding!

Posted July 18, 2013

Finding Primavera Online High School has been a most amazing experience as a parent of a bright kid who does not fit into the systems regimented style. He excels at history, English, and science but has struggled to remain organized and get paperwork into his teachers. This is a very good school for students who love to learn independently and I wish I had used this school sooner. From his freshman year to his senior year my son has shown applied learning, had teachers praise his abilities and learned to focus and interact with others in a creative learning environment. The work is not easy but his teachers have adobe sessions and office hours to guide and help any student having issues. Being involved and staying on top of what my son does at Primavera is easy on the dashboard. It gives graduation progress and unofficial transcripts. The support staff of Primavera has been helpful. His advisers and counselors have been informative and pleasant to talk with even when things go wrong. My son has a job and volunteers at our Fire Department and is planning on attending college. I highly recommend this to any parent who is wanting a more active role in the education of your child.

Posted July 16, 2013

I was overall happy with Primavera online. It was easy for my son since he left a private Catholic school but everyone was really nice and helpful. Ryan was espcecially fast to respond and evry helpful.

Posted July 16, 2013

Primavera is an online school so of course there will be some tech problems, as long as your teacher is informed the grade and problem will get fixed. I love Primavera, adobe sessions are my favorite. They are group or one on one virtual tutoring sessions, teachers make them enjoyable not boring like a lecture. In order to be a successful student at primavera you need to push yourself to do the work on time and go to teachers with any questions. Parents get access to grades, teachers, and work 24/7 like students. I would recommend this school to any *ambicious* student, they need to be the kind to not set off work.

Posted July 8, 2013

Lots of problems at Primavera: Math was the first 2 blocks and not revisited without an "additional load" so therefore Aims was a bomb! Have to double up on work load to have Thanksgiving and other holidays off. I called a teacher for help and he told me I had to schedule an appointment. I could only talk to him once a week for 10 minutes. Where's the help there. So on Thanksgiving, if I had trouble on Monday and had to wait until Wednesday to talk to him, and I had to double up to have the holiday off, how do I get Thanksgiving off now! The also changed the program set up right before summer break, and there were glitches galore, more problems! The classes themselves are full of glitches. The computer program says an answer is wrong, but it really is not. But, I have to wait until my scheduled appointment to call to find out if it is right or wrong? No breaks, lousy program, some poor teachers. That's just off the top of my head, I'd have to rewind the year all over again, and that's just too stressful. Some teachers were great. I had a writing teacher who spent a lot of time with me, but she was gone the next block. Oops, probably spent over the allotted 10 min. per student!

Posted July 8, 2013

New to this school...my daughter is having constant technical difficulties. We have a home computer that now has some virus...then I had my daughter us our laptop and is having some type of continuous glitches. We leave 10 messages before we get 1 returned call and still can't help!!! Frustrated!

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

190 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

190 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

590 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

594 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

583 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • This school did not receive a designation in 2009-2010.
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian 1% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 33%N/A46%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2471 N. Arizona Ave