PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My two children (2nd grade and K-5) attend this school and we couldn't be more pleased. TCA provides a solid education and takes a unique approach to development. Not only do they look to develop my children academically but they take a vested interest in developing them socially, physically and spiritually! The teachers are creative and understanding - looking for those unique opportunities to help my kids excel. Chandler School of Fine Arts is also right on campus so we're able to take advantage of piano and violin lessons during and after school. We moved out to Gilbert last year but decided to drive a little further to Chandler so our kids could still attend TCA. This is a wonderful school. I tell all my friends about it!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Since my daughter lives with autism, I've been very keen to watch and see how the teachers and students handle bullying. One time I heard another student ask my daughter's teacher a question about why my daughter did something the way she did and the teacher had the kindest response, not only to this student but also my daughter. I've never yet encountered students bullying my daughter but feel that if it should ever happen, the teachers would be there to instruct and handle very effectively.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My daughter lives with autism. She is high-functioning but still struggles, mostly with social interactions and communication. TCA has welcomed her with open arms and implements her IEP. Never thought she'd be in a Christian, main-stream classroom but she is.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leaders at this school have a strong purpose for why they exist and do what they do - it's for the kids ultimate good and God's glory. Blessed to have godly leaders giving of themselves and guiding the direction of this school!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Wish I could give more than 5 stars on this one! One of the unique niches of TCA is the character building - specifically the Christian atmosphere that models and teaches compassion, integrity, forgiveness, helping others, etc. Spiritual character development is very important to us and we're pleased that this is just the culture of TCA, not just something they say or have in their pamphlets.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers really look to get to know and understand my kids. They also push them just the right amount (not too soft and not too hard). They help make learning fun for my K-5 and 2nd grade kiddos!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I LOVE that this school has an art class and sends home fun, creative assignments. My daughter brings home her sketch book and we get to have fun (and do homework) together.

Awful school that ill-prepares students for the real world. Close minded and hypocritical staff and teachers. Would never recommend sending any child here

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are a joke. Completely incompetant and are only hired based on their religious affiliation - not for their actual teaching experience.

Amount of homework: Disagree

As a former student, I can confidently say the curriculum is almost as much of a sham as the school and religious agenda itself. They completely lack the ability to adequately prepare students for college. Instead, they put them in a bubble where the real world doesn't exist and teaching them "secular" music inhibits morality instead of legitimate courses.

Last modified Tri-City Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12