PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are a joke. Completely incompetant and are only hired based on their religious affiliation - not for their actual teaching experience.

Amount of homework: Disagree

As a former student, I can confidently say the curriculum is almost as much of a sham as the school and religious agenda itself. They completely lack the ability to adequately prepare students for college. Instead, they put them in a bubble where the real world doesn't exist and teaching them "secular" music inhibits morality instead of legitimate courses.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Honesty, integrity and fairness are behaviors that are significantly lacking from the school officials and ultimately anyone closely tied to the institution. Religion is used here, manipulated and conformed to fit their twisted agenda. These three words: honestly, integrity, fairness - have never been a part of the curriculum. They simply preach empty words and practice immorality.

my daughter has improved in so many ways since she started going to Tri-City Christian Academy. A special big thanks to Mrs Langdeau ( K3 teacher )

My son has been in this school for 2 years (Pre-K3 and Pre-K4), I am disappointed now that he is in Pre-K4 because I felt that his academic knowledge did not improve from Pre-K3 to Pre-K4. I felt that I only put him in a day-care center wherein they play all day and not in Pre-School where they learn in preparation for Kindergarten. He will be in Kindergarten this school year and he is really behind. Cannot write, cannot determine the beginning sound of a word (like PIG, CAT), no simple additions yet, sometimes cannot recognize the letter in the alphabet. Now we do writing practice at home and some additions. I don't know what are they teaching everyday aside from bible study?

TCA is a great school. Both of my boys have standardized test scores at least 4 grade levels higher than their current grade level in every subject. However, academics are not the main reason we sacrifice to send our boys to private Christian School. Our boys have a deep and abiding faith in Christ that has grown and deepened since attending TCA. TCA has many strong God fearing teachers and coaches that live their faith and are great mentors to our boys. Without a doubt TCA has come along side my wife and I in our spirit lead mission to raise two strong Christian young men. TCA has been a blessing to our family in every way.

Tri-City has been a great school for our kids. The teachers are very dedicated and really care. Our elementary kids have scored very high on the SAT and get to participate in lots of extraciricular activities including a sports league with other schools. The high school has less than 100 students which is why the class offerings are less. I'm sure there are areas that need improvement. However, of the kids I have known over the years that have graduated, almost all of them have received academic scholarships to college. They also have the option of taking college courses off campus or online on campus as a senior for those interested. The school has an excellent athletic director/asst principal who really cares about the kids. They have an excellent basketball program that really develops their players and helps them get college scholarships. Our experience has been that the school gives our kids all of the opportunities they want in an environment that supports our values as a family.

We have enjoyed the Christ-centered environment of Tri-City Christian Academy. The teachers care about the children and the class sizes are small. However, if you are looking for a challenge for your child, this is not the school for you. The academics are weak, especially in the area of Language Arts. Our children have attended both private and public schools, and the public schools and other private schools in the area far surpass Tri-City academics.

It is disappointing to have to say that the leadership and curriculum has not met my expectations, my child had attended for four years. It appears to be declining as more time passes. One of my main concerns is that my child is not being challenged, and as stated in some of the other ratings, the school does not offer any advanced placement courses. Issues have been brought to the principles attention and many parents have been made felt as if our concerns were either brushed under the rug and or given a simple 'band-aid'. I have done much research on what other schools are doing in their curriculum and have also visited schools-they are clearly more advance in comparison to Tri City. On a positive note, the teachers are wonderful at Tri City, but they can only work with what tools their leadership provides them. In addition, I truly enjoy that our children get to learn about their faith while at school...I truly believe this helps children in so many ways. However, I pay to have my child attend this school, and in return i expect the school to provide my child with the best education they can, and I don t feel that Tri City is driven to do that.

We have had children in this school for over twenty years! We have been extremely pleased with the academics..athletics..music programs..and extracurricular activities. Most of all we love the teachers at TCA. Never will you find a group of teachers that will challenge your kids to do their best in all areas of their life. Whenever our children have had problems they were there to listen, to help them excel in their studies and most of all to encourage them! Our oldest son who has a career in the military now, would tell you that it was the best school for him and he would love to find a school just like it for his future children.This school is a five star in my opinion and I love that it is a Christ-centered academy!

Last modified Tri-City Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12