Posted July 24, 2014
Great school in a great neighborhood! Five stars all the way! Smaller class sizes on average!

Posted July 24, 2013
We have been very impressed with our neighborhood school Navarette. We have Kindergarten and 3rd grader this year. Our experiences with the teachers (Mrs. Cuccinotto, Mrs. Neneber, and Mrs. Carpenter) have been awesome and our kids have loved them all so far. We are very impressed with the principal Mr. Merrill especially with his dedication and connection with the students (his involvement directing traffic and cars everyday is greatly appreciated :-). Our kids love to attend their school and we always feel welcome there. As a parents, we would always recommend Navarette to anyone living here in the Chandler area.

Posted July 23, 2013
This is a true neighborhood school. Children walk and bike to the school. There is a ton of parental involvement through volunteering in the classroom, a dedicated and effective PTO and just seeing parents on campus before and after school. The principal is extremely friendly and always stands and directs the school traffic before and after school. Our experience with the teachers gave been pleasant. My children always develop a deep fondness towards their teachers. It is not unusual to see a teacher hug or pat a child on the back. The homework is just the right amount. Navarrete doesn't assign homework to just assign homework. The homework is relevant and the time needed to complete it is reasonable.

Posted March 23, 2013
We just moved into the neighborhood last summer. We were nervous about trying a neighborhood school, but everyone I talked to had good things to say about Navarette. I have a 2nd and 4th grader this year. I have been very impressed with the school. Even though it's large in number, they do a great job of making it feel small. So many people from the neighborhood go there. Lots of biking and walking when the weather is cool. It's too bad that the awesome principal Mr. Merrill is retiring next year. The kids learn a lot, but the homework is balanced, so they have plenty of time to play after school and just be kids, plus participate in extra curricular activities.

Posted January 10, 2013
I have two kids that attend Navarrete and have since Kindergarten. We have loved every teacher they have had so far, especially Ms. Nenaber and Ms. Robinson! I would highly recommend Navarrete to anyone living in this area! Great School with lots of parent involvement!

Posted September 19, 2012
Amazing and dedicated Staff for the most part. We've had 3 kids go through Navarrete our highest praises are sung to Mrs. D. she spends so much extra personal time preparing and working with the students and uses part of her intersession breaks to provide a fun learning week for students as well. AMAZING!!! Mr. Merrill (the principal) is also a great attribute to Navarrete he has such a connection with students and families!

Navarrete Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2012
My child was attending here for Kinder. We removed him after a year of a teacher refusing to challenge him. She told me if I wanted my child to have more education to go to a CTA school. Her communication with parents was also terrible. And only allowed volunteers at certain times of the day. Teacher was not helpful at all. We decided not to go to the principal, because we thought she was taking out her anger for us on our child. Not impressed at all. Maybe it is one bad seed, but I know of 6 other children that go there and most of the parents have issues with the teachers in all grade levels. The Principal seems nice, but we never went to him with any issues. Dean of Students has no personality at all and find him very uncomfortable to approach. Front office staff is very rude and not welcoming except for the Administrative Assistant.

Navarrete Elementary School 3

Posted June 28, 2012
Not impressed with their follow thru on the bullying policy. Our child was accused of being a liar, members of administration would avoid us on campus since our child's allegations. The parents including PTO have too much control and parents who are home all day get involved in petty school stuff rather than letting the school handle it or the kids work it out. I think parent involvement is great but not when it infringes on the rights of other children. We had the option of leaving our kids in or pulling them out when we moved to our new home and we promptly pulled them out and enrolled them elsewhere

Posted May 22, 2012
Wonderful school with character building qualities. I am especially fond of Mrs. Druck and Mrs. Nenaber. These teacher are great at communicating with parents. My children love to attend here! I also appreciate that it feels secure and welcoming.

Posted July 30, 2011
I must disagree with the previous review. I have had children attending Navarrete for 3 years now and have never felt this way. The school requires all visitors to check in as a safety precaution. I for one appreciate the attentiveness to my children safety. I enjoy the engaging nature of the staff and administration and have always felt welcome by all.

Navarrete Elementary School
6490 S. Sun Groves Blvd, Chandler, AZ  85249
Last modified Navarrete Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Navarrete Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 46 reviews.