PK-6 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They wear abousing kindergarteners so that says enough about this school but staff that answered phones were nice

Amount of homework: Disagree

Mine got none so that should tell you something right there hope this helps thanks

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

All three of our kids have attended this school. The teachers are dedicated to teaching, and care about the students. The principal, Mrs. Hull is tough on bullies. If your bully issue isn't resolved at the teacher level take it Mrs. Hull, she will be on it immediately. I regret not taking a prior bully incident to Mrs. Hull, she was a true advocate in getting our most recent incident resolved.

All 3 of my kids have attended Hancock. The teachers are committed to the students and want them to succeed. We recently had a bully problem that was not getting resolved, we brought it to the principal, Mrs. Hull, and she was on it immediately and took it very seriously. The bullying stopped, and was handled well. If the bullying is not resolved at the teacher level bring it to Mrs. Hulls attention, she is tough on bullies. My only regret is not getting her involved sooner, and not utilizing her for a previous bully situation. This is an A+ school for good reasons.

Hancock is a GREAT Elementary School. The school fits every childs' needs. If your child is above grade level, on grade level, or below grade level there is a spot for them. My daughter is starting her 6th year and my son his 4th and could not be happier. Mrs. Hull, the teachers, and staff are amazing! Hancock is a great choice for students in Chandler.

This school is terrible children are being bullied and ignored staff members are rude. DON'T send your poor children there

Fabulous school! We are so thankful our kids go to this school. Thank you teachers, staff, & Principal!!

I pulled my son out of Hancock because no matter how many meetings I had with the teacher, she refused to listen to my advice for my son who was quickly coming to hate school. He had always been an honor student at other schools, and once he transferred here, his grades declined and his interest faded. After numerous meetings with the principal, I decided it was better for my son to attend school elsewhere. My decision was based in whole on the lack of ability to be flexible and give my son different and advanced learning materials. Teacher quality in my opinion is a 1 star. My son's teacher did NOT talk to us regularly about our son's progress. Even when I emailed her, she would tell me to wait until conferences and she wouldn't respond to any of my questions or concerns She did not challenge my son to learn. I also tried repeatedly to volunteer in class, and the teacher never had time for me to help. This is upsetting as I have 3 school days off a week!

Three of my kids have now gone to Hancock over the past 7 years. We LOVE it. The teachers are great, the families are all neighbors, and it is just a fun "small-town" environment. The PTO is very involved and does a great job raising funds for whatever Hancock & the students need.

Hancock is definitely and A+ school for a variety of reasons. My child has some learning difficulties and the resource staff at the school is exceptional. We came to Hancock from a different school (out of state) and could not be more please with the resources available to help our child who has flourished at this school both academically and with self esteem. The communication with the school is excellent as well. Many parents complain about schools but don't realize that they have to put in the time and effort to communicate with the school/teachers as well and participate in their child's education . It has to be a team effort and when it is, the results are very rewarding for everyone. As for bullying, it is a reality at all schools unfortunately. However, I must say from my experience with a bullying issue at school involving my child, the teacher and principal jumped on it and reacted quickly, effectively and appropriately and the problem was dealt with to our satisfaction and my child's as well. From my experience, bullying is taken very seriously there. I am thrilled with Hancock and the education my child is getting. It is a wonderful school.

Last modified T. Dale Hancock Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.