Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school has an excellent curriculum! I have been at the school since it opened and in the beginning it was great. Now, some of the most greatest teachers have left and now is up to inexperienced teachers that have no connection with students and make it seem like they are doing it for the money and not the passion.

Amazing curriculum, prepares students for success not only in academic, collegiate, or careers, but also in becoming a better human being. The small class sizes create a sense of community between the students. The teachers are highly skilled in their fields and connect with their students in a way that makes them easy to talk to. Even though the curriculum is very rigorous, it does not seem too difficult. Chandler Prep offers many extracurricular clubs, sports, and activities that enhance their student life greatly.

This school is amazing. The best academic school I have ever seen an they care about the kids. From academics to sports to clubs, they are very supportive. I have two in school (8th, 10th grades) this year and will be having a 3rd one join (6th grade) when school starts up. So happy we found them. They prepare the kids for life and set them up for success.

This is the second year my child has attended CPA and she loves "the depth of knowledge" (her words) she experiences each day. The teachers, staff, and headmasters are supportive of each child and the children are treated as individuals not numbers. I am very happy with the curriculum and see they are preparing these children for college by fostering critical thought and hard work; for life by instilling truth, beauty and goodness.

The school is very disappointing. I hated CPA because the teachers there are very low at teaching their students the materials. Also, they give out alot of homework and students don't get the amount of sleep they need to in order to be successful!

Thanks to all the supportive comments about how to handle our bullying problem. I did bring it to the Headmaster and they really took it to heart. Although my Son has a very unique situation, it's nice to know the school leadership is behind you 100%. We have not had any problems since I met with them. They gave us some great feedback and it was a very productive meeting. Thanks for the encouragement!

Regarding the March 25th review about your son being bullied, I cannot agree more with the suggestions provided by a parent on March 26th. However, I must add one more. I am the headmaster of the school, and I am not aware of your son's situation at all. A suicidal child is a situation that needs to be brought to the attention of the school administration so that teachers can provide that child the support that he needs. If you believe that you have already told us and nothing has been done about it, then please tell us again; your situation does not sound like one that I recognize, and it is important that we have the information that we need, not in an anonymous format but in a way that helps us serve your son.

Re: The review posted yesterday about your son receiving slanderous remarks from boys in his class. First, tell each and every one of his teachers what is being said. If your son can, have him tell the teachers the names of these children. Make sure your son has a buddy with him, someone that can verify the negative talk. Make a time frame with the teachers. You will meet with them, and discuss the situation after the teachers have dealt with the boys. Take this to the very top of Great Hearts if need be. This needs to stop and stop now. I hope to hear from you about the situation being handled swiftly and appropriately.

Re:We had high hopes for CPA...your review makes me very sad. For myself along with many other parents that I align myself with, there is no room at this school for bullying. As a parent I work very hard to protect my kids and the environment that I send them to everyday and it makes my heart hurt to hear that another student is going through something like this. I want you to know that there are many parents here that would be concerned to hear this. I am hoping that you have spoken with the Dean and Headmaster. Please don't stop until you get the help you need. It is our responsibility to make this school all it can be and I believe it can be great! Maybe through your situation we can make this school the best it can be. We can't make a change for the better until someone has the courage to speak up and stand strong. I personally have found Great Hearts to be rooted in Truth, Goodness, and Beauty, but that isn't to say that sometimes we forget it. Let's remind everyone. Please give your child a hug for us and let him know that there are other kids there that wouldn't want this to continue.

Re: the February 7th review - your review was accurate re: no trade school, no home ec, etc. However, Great Hearts is very up front re: what their educational philosophy is. It sounds like you have a fundamental disagreement and so this is not the school for your child. We chose this school b/c it teaches students to think critically/reason which was missing in my public school education and is still missing from public ed for this most part, imo. This, and character development, are essential to being a functioning American citizen. Learn how to think, learn and work hard. Then you can teach yourself anything.

Last modified Great Hearts Academies - Chandler Prep is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.