Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

If the child is not liked by the teacher, bullying is not only accepted but the teacher eggs it on, particularly Bhatti.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

If your child had any special learning needs please, please, please for your child consider another school. Your child will be made to feel inadequate by a few of the teachers at this school. Not all teachers but enough of them.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

The new Principal has a difficult time relating to students. I preferred Mrs. Swanson who was constantly visible and accessible to students and parents.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Compassion and respect arenot part of the focus at this school at all. However, integrity is important.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

A few of the teachers are completely unprofessional with borderline bullying behaviors toward any student who is not a perfect fit.

My child attended this school for 4 years. She had one amazing teacher, who has since left the school, two good teachers, and one terrible teacher. Her last teacher at CTA had a marked animosity toward my daughter that broke my heart. Additionally she had a habit of telling girls how pretty/cute they looked and boys how smart they are when first meeting them. This was not just with my child but every student. The blatant sexism was appalling. My daughter was borderline ADHD making her a difficult student to have in class which I understand but the personal attacks she had toward my daughter and the gossiping about my daughter with other parents was unacceptable and certainly not helpful. We switched schools this year and my daughter has blossomed! She is happier and more successful. She still occasionally has difficulty focusing but her teacher has handled it in a way that has helped her succeed without feeling inadequate or like an outsider. After leaving the school we have learned of another student having similar issues in regards to teachers overstepping and gossiping about students to other students and parents. I am so thankful we made the change. Class size is also an issue. The classes are huge at CTA although the staff tried to convince us otherwise. 'Y daughter's class at her new school only has 20 students and my kinder even fewer than that. The curriculum is amazing at CTA. I love the use of Spalding and Saxon. The homework is intense but helps develop good study habits. Unfortunately the staff leaves something to be desired. However, the school counselor is fantastic. I would also like to note that I was heavily involved as a volunteer at CTA and volunteer close to 10hrs a week at her current school. The difference in the quality of teachers and support staff is drastic. If your child does not require any extra help or attention this school may be a great fit, otherwise consider a school not so focused on test scores where individual attention is given to those who may need it.

Develops character: Neutral

I am not adequately qualified to answer this question since my kid is going to school here for under a month.

This is a great school. I never post any review on anything but I was compelled to do so in this case. Mrs. Borin for the 1st grade has been the best teacher you can imagine. She is living, caring and extremely attentive to the needs of the kids. My daughter had trouble adjusting to the strongly structured curriculum but Mrs. Borin helped her totally go over those issues to the point she got Principal's award for every quarter in her 1st-grade class for academic success. We couldn't have any happier with the school.

Hahaha it's quite obvious the staff is responding, give me a break who said anything about "sons"? Yeah, maybe you should do a better job of trying to be discreet. This doesn't surprise me, sloppy front staff and a principal who runs and hides behind problems. Not every school is perfect. Vanderpol is a great teacher never said she wasn't, the fact the school can't take feedback also says alot. Keep entertaining yourselves on here! Carry on as you were!

This is a great school with hard working teachers. Ms. Vanderpol being one of dedicated teachers. Like all communication , it takes at least two people. From my experience, she is a great communicator. I stay involved my my son's education, take the time to know the staff, and support the curriculum at home too. Considering that parents have a choice in schools, I will continually support this school, especially his teacher, by being a part of his education.

Last modified Chandler Traditional Academy - Independence is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.