Chandler, AZ
Before care: Yes

Chandler Traditional Academy - Independence 3

Posted November 16, 2014
Hahaha it's quite obvious the staff is responding, give me a break who said anything about "sons"? Yeah, maybe you should do a better job of trying to be discreet. This doesn't surprise me, sloppy front staff and a principal who runs and hides behind problems. Not every school is perfect. Vanderpol is a great teacher never said she wasn't, the fact the school can't take feedback also says alot. Keep entertaining yourselves on here! Carry on as you were!

Posted November 08, 2014
This is a great school with hard working teachers. Ms. Vanderpol being one of dedicated teachers. Like all communication , it takes at least two people. From my experience, she is a great communicator. I stay involved my my son's education, take the time to know the staff, and support the curriculum at home too. Considering that parents have a choice in schools, I will continually support this school, especially his teacher, by being a part of his education.

Posted November 08, 2014
Love CTA Independence! Confused by the complaint about teachers, office staff, and the school regarding communication. The strangest part was about and their sons bus accident since CTA Independence does NOT and never has offered bussing. Miss VanderPol is an outstanding teacher in my opinion. She is disciplined but fun and the kids love her. If you didn't get a response from an email then look into other causes before blaming a teacher. Miss VanderPol and the entire Kindergarten staff are simply fantastic. My kinder is reading, writing, doing addition, subtraction, and is respectful of other students as well as the staff. The curriculum cannot be beat. The entire staff from the front desk to the janitorial staff, is outstanding. My only complaint , and this is a new complaint, is a decline in parent involvement. There is a requirement of 5 volunteer hours minimum each year but parents seem to be forgetting. Not sure why this has changed but it's a shame. This is definitely a 5 star school-people sleeping out on the street for 4 days to get in must mean they're doing a lot of things right:)

Chandler Traditional Academy - Independence 4

Posted September 10, 2014
Great teachers and my child love here. Only bad thing here is drop off/ pick up traffic. Some of the parents totally ignore school rule and park at apartment entry way ( really bad sometimes and residence having hard time getting in and out ). Other than that it's great school.

Chandler Traditional Academy - Independence 1

Posted August 27, 2014
bad experience from this school' s teacher and principal. Teacher doesn't want to make efforts with the kids who needs help and also not nice to them.

Posted February 06, 2014
With so many terrible schools around, we made sure to do our research for our children. This school has all the things that make it great for an elementary school. It fosters a warm, caring learning environment, it provides rules for children to follow (which they need at this stage), it has awesome teachers, the principal sets a good tone, it emphasizes parent participation at least with their child's daily homework, and it actually teaches the basics of math, english,etc for a good foundation for adulthood. We wanted our children to attend a public school that allowed them to learn and grow without having to deal with bullies, what to wear, etc. We know that there is no perfect school, but this school allows us peace of mind. That is all that a parent can ask for!

Posted January 10, 2014
Love CTA- Independence!! Great school all around. Came to CTA from a private school and I have to say I am very impressed by the school morale, dedicated teachers, academics and parent involvement. The principal does a great job managing the school and is very involved in day to day activities. There is great communication with parents. Five stars!!!

Posted September 26, 2013
We absolutely love this school... Homework is a bit much but I believe all the hard work will pay off in the long run...

Posted September 24, 2013
I never thought I'd be sending my daughter to a traditional school where she'd wear uniforms and follow a more back to basics curriculum. I was worried that the accelerated learning pace and homework would be more than she could handle. I couldn't have been more wrong... The discipline, rigor, and loving attention she's received from both teachers and staff truly show why this is a FIVE STAR school that rated a 10 on Greatschools. There isn't a school on the planet that doesn't have some area to improve, but CTA Independence has all right ingredients: loyal staff that supports a strong and caring administrator, teachers that cry when they see their class leave at the end of the year for the next gradef, and front desk staff that make you feel welcomed in person or over the phone. My daughter LOVES this school and I'm confident she's receiving a top notch learning experience.

Posted August 09, 2013
Our experience with CTA Independence has been wonderful! We bought a house in the CTA boundary 5 years ago when our son was just 2 so he could attend there. Now that he's been through kinder, 1st, and is now in 2nd, we know we made the right decision. High standards, wonderful teachers, and structure, are paramount at CTA Independence. Rated in the top 10 for elementary schools in the state last school year and it's no surprise.

Chandler Traditional Academy - Independence
1405 W. Lake Dr., Chandler, AZ  85248
Last modified Chandler Traditional Academy - Independence is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chandler Traditional Academy - Independence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top