Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Neutral

I am not adequately qualified to answer this question since my kid is going to school here for under a month.

This is a great school. I never post any review on anything but I was compelled to do so in this case. Mrs. Borin for the 1st grade has been the best teacher you can imagine. She is living, caring and extremely attentive to the needs of the kids. My daughter had trouble adjusting to the strongly structured curriculum but Mrs. Borin helped her totally go over those issues to the point she got Principal's award for every quarter in her 1st-grade class for academic success. We couldn't have any happier with the school.

Hahaha it's quite obvious the staff is responding, give me a break who said anything about "sons"? Yeah, maybe you should do a better job of trying to be discreet. This doesn't surprise me, sloppy front staff and a principal who runs and hides behind problems. Not every school is perfect. Vanderpol is a great teacher never said she wasn't, the fact the school can't take feedback also says alot. Keep entertaining yourselves on here! Carry on as you were!

This is a great school with hard working teachers. Ms. Vanderpol being one of dedicated teachers. Like all communication , it takes at least two people. From my experience, she is a great communicator. I stay involved my my son's education, take the time to know the staff, and support the curriculum at home too. Considering that parents have a choice in schools, I will continually support this school, especially his teacher, by being a part of his education.

Love CTA Independence! Confused by the complaint about teachers, office staff, and the school regarding communication. The strangest part was about and their sons bus accident since CTA Independence does NOT and never has offered bussing. Miss VanderPol is an outstanding teacher in my opinion. She is disciplined but fun and the kids love her. If you didn't get a response from an email then look into other causes before blaming a teacher. Miss VanderPol and the entire Kindergarten staff are simply fantastic. My kinder is reading, writing, doing addition, subtraction, and is respectful of other students as well as the staff. The curriculum cannot be beat. The entire staff from the front desk to the janitorial staff, is outstanding. My only complaint , and this is a new complaint, is a decline in parent involvement. There is a requirement of 5 volunteer hours minimum each year but parents seem to be forgetting. Not sure why this has changed but it's a shame. This is definitely a 5 star school-people sleeping out on the street for 4 days to get in must mean they're doing a lot of things right:)

Great teachers and my child love here. Only bad thing here is drop off/ pick up traffic. Some of the parents totally ignore school rule and park at apartment entry way ( really bad sometimes and residence having hard time getting in and out ). Other than that it's great school.

bad experience from this school' s teacher and principal. Teacher doesn't want to make efforts with the kids who needs help and also not nice to them.

With so many terrible schools around, we made sure to do our research for our children. This school has all the things that make it great for an elementary school. It fosters a warm, caring learning environment, it provides rules for children to follow (which they need at this stage), it has awesome teachers, the principal sets a good tone, it emphasizes parent participation at least with their child's daily homework, and it actually teaches the basics of math, english,etc for a good foundation for adulthood. We wanted our children to attend a public school that allowed them to learn and grow without having to deal with bullies, what to wear, etc. We know that there is no perfect school, but this school allows us peace of mind. That is all that a parent can ask for!

Love CTA- Independence!! Great school all around. Came to CTA from a private school and I have to say I am very impressed by the school morale, dedicated teachers, academics and parent involvement. The principal does a great job managing the school and is very involved in day to day activities. There is great communication with parents. Five stars!!!

We absolutely love this school... Homework is a bit much but I believe all the hard work will pay off in the long run...

Last modified Chandler Traditional Academy - Independence is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.