PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

I was excited to find a school who's philosophy was what our son would thrive in. However, we were very disappointed, it was a very unfriendly enviroment. Our son started school at age 2, and loved school! He didn't want to go to school once starting at MDS. This was very concerning, since he was now in kindergarden. The teacher was in my opinion unable to use tools that would encouage our son to want to learn. Once, our family had made the decision to move him, we were treated as if we had done something wrong again meet with unfriendly looks and treatment. The MDS staff needs to review the philosophy and put it into place.

My daughter started Kindergarten at a local 'A+ Excelling' Chandler school. It was not a good fit for her. She was already reading when she started there and her boredom led to her frequently getting into trouble. The teacher had her hands full with 29 kids and I knew there was no way she could find extra time for my daughter. Luckily, we found Montessori Day Schools!! The class sizes are small enough that the teachers can really get to know each child individually. The teachers help the children to focus on the works that interest them and challenge them to learn as much about anything as they want. The sky really is the limit. My daughter's teachers were extremely patient and caring and my daughter absolutely loves school now. The children not only learn academically, they learn how to peacefully solve problems as well as how to kindly interact with each other. The administration has always been very open and communication couldn't be easier. It really seems like a community working together to help raise our children. I couldn't be happier about the experiences my daughter has had at MDS.

MDS is a wonderful school- we are leaving the area and will miss the outstanding quality of MDS school - I couldn't be happier with the education that my son got from this fine school. Ms. Natalie is wonderful teacher . The school gives high quality education to students.

We enrolled our son in the preschool program in August and we have been pleasantly surprised with the excellence of the teachers; strong leadership and challenging classroom programs. Our 3 year old son has learned about varying cultures, the solar system; environment and the basics (of course). His teachers provide a nurturing and supportive environment that promotes critical thinking, sharing and community.

My Kindergartner has a very active mind and a very sensitive disposition. MDS is able to fill his needs by providing a stimulating environment where a sense of wonder is encouraged. In addition, MDS teachers follow a philosophy of education that recognizes each child as an individual whose personality, behavior, and learning style is unique. Even Kindergarten can be stressful for children. MDS allows kids to blossom at their own pace. MDS is a small community with huge parent involvement and a wonderfully inclusive feel to it.

Incredible community of educators, leaders and people. This is truly a community that cares not only about the child, but each other as well. I now have two children at the school and they are both receiving some of the highest quality education in the area! The teacher-student ratio is amazingly balanced, as is their approach to teaching the whole child, with respect for the earth and each other. Way more going on at MDS than in most schools today!

It is truly a feeling of community. The faculty are educated well and genuinely care about the children. Administration is personal and effective... and the parents and their families are involved and enthusiastic!

The second you walk in here you know you are in a warm, nurturing place that is all about teaching children.

Last modified Montessori Day Schools - Lakeshore is a Private school that serves grades PK-6