Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School 3

Posted November 01, 2014
Unless your child is in the CATS program there is not too much that differentiates this school from any other. Our teachers ARE wonderful and we have nothing but admiration for their dedication to our children. What is missing is better communication from leadership about school happenings; parents shouldn't have to subscribe to the school's PTO Facebook page in order to stay informed. Despite subscribing to School Wires we feel routinely left out of the loop. Also, with the disparity in income levels among the students the campus would benefit from an Anti-Bullying Campaign. When my children have had issues they refuse to complain because both the parties, no matter how one-sided the bullying is, are punished. Popular (ie. clique-y) kids are encouraged while shy kids are receiving the message that they shouldn't even bother speaking out. This is discouraging as a parent trying to raise kind-hearted, fair-minded children in this environment.

Posted April 10, 2014
Awesome! My kids get the best education here. The teachers give each child their undivided attention.

Posted April 10, 2014
The students are the main focal point of the school's mission statement. Great student/teacher ratio.

Posted April 10, 2014
Fantastic! So blessed to have my children attend such a great school. The teachers are amazing!

Posted April 10, 2014
The school has in place guidelines to continue the path of success with methods of including parents and students.

Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2014
I agree with other parents concern about students with special needs. Principal, teacher and special needs counselor shows total disregard for students with special needs. They are just one additional headache for them. If you go and talk to them, they will politely ask you to go to another school rather than taking care of you. There is too much bullying. Teachers and administrators don't like students from other races. That is why you will see very few students of other races. My advice is to go to other schools if this is your home school.

Posted August 12, 2013
I am pleased that my children attend this school. The princiapl, Mrs. Weed is the best princiapl, so interactive and outside talking with parents, meeting the kids to make sure they have good days. I honestly am so glad I switched my kids from Noah Webster Basic School where the principal never called anyone back and never was seen. Jacobson has been a blessing to my children and as a parent I am so happy!!!

Posted May 28, 2013
This has been my son's first year at Jacobson and I could not have been more pleased. He's gifted with fairly severe ADHD. Other school districts had wanted to put him in a special needs classroom. Only Chandler agreed with us that he should be put in the gifted program where he would be challenged academically and socially. Jacobson has given him the support he needed to succeed in the gifted program. They have been responsive to all our concerns and usually were way ahead of us. I don't think we could have had a better experience. The teachers and resource teacher have been phenomenal.

Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School 1

Posted September 20, 2012
We have a lot of issues with this school. The principle does know the children's names, but that is just for show. She seems nice at first, but after you hear her talk, you can see how fake she is. She couldn't care less about our concerns & was trying to force our child into one of the "four buckets" (their words for special needs classes) due to one simple need. They show no respect for children that are not white or those who have some challenges. One of the special needs "bucket" was labeled "the wheelchair class" . I personally don't have a child that requires a wheelchair, but the very thought of the principle and some of the staff labeling children like that is very offensive. Their main focus is to have every kid memorize what they need to know for the AIMS test and to look good on paper. We are white, but I have seen the horrible looks they give to people of mixed races or different color. That is not the environment we want our child in.

Posted February 07, 2012
This school is amazing! After having my daughters at a private school for several years, I can honestly say the academics at Jacobson are more challenging and well rounded. The teachers really care about the students and the principal knows every student by name. My oldest daughter was in the advanced program and my youngest daughter needed speech therapy, both were easy to access and valuable. I LOVE this school and feel very fortunate that my children have an opportunity to attend a great school right in our own neighborhood.

Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School
1515 NW Jacaranda Parkway, Chandler, AZ  85248
Last modified Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top