Chandler, AZ

Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School 4

Posted June 26, 2015
My Daughter attended Jacobson from Kindergarten and just finished 6th grade. She has had some good teachers, ok ones (who thankfully retired) and a few awesome teachers during this time. The former Principle -Mrs Weed was great, - the new one, not impressed at all. The Orchestra teacher is awesome - my daughter loved her. And Mr Zarnick, her 5th grade teacher was the best! I highly recommend you do anything you can to have your 5th grader in his class. He was excellent in the academic part - but really challenged them in Life Skills - which really is not done now a days...He is amazing and really should be listed as one of - if not the best teacher in this school!! The school work is challenging for some kids. My daughter was in the highest Math and Language Arts which helped her test into Honors Math and Language Arts for Jr High. Hoping that will continue to be good for her. My daughter did say that the CATS (gifted) kids typically were the snobby ones and made sure the regular kids knew they "were beneath them". And of course there were the "mean" girls which seemed much more prevalent in 6th grade because there is nothing more important than "teasing" or making sure people feel like outcasts. Just make sure you talk to your kid, and always be there for the day when they do break down and the "words" do hurt. My daughter had her breaking point - we talked and she came away stronger and with a much more "I really don't care what you say or think" attitude to these mean girls. She does have some great friends - they have each others backs and are very sweet and kind. I am grateful she has them as they continue on to Jr High - they have taught her the true meaning of friendship. It's been a good 6 years - now off to Bogle Jr High and I have high hopes my daughter will continue to excel.

Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School 3

Posted November 01, 2014
Unless your child is in the CATS program there is not too much that differentiates this school from any other. Our teachers ARE wonderful and we have nothing but admiration for their dedication to our children. What is missing is better communication from leadership about school happenings; parents shouldn't have to subscribe to the school's PTO Facebook page in order to stay informed. Despite subscribing to School Wires we feel routinely left out of the loop. Also, with the disparity in income levels among the students the campus would benefit from an Anti-Bullying Campaign. When my children have had issues they refuse to complain because both the parties, no matter how one-sided the bullying is, are punished. Popular (ie. clique-y) kids are encouraged while shy kids are receiving the message that they shouldn't even bother speaking out. This is discouraging as a parent trying to raise kind-hearted, fair-minded children in this environment.
3 people found this helpful

Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2014
The school got a new principal and a new kindergarten teacher this year. The kindergarten teacher transferred from another district and does not have the classroom management skills or academic expectations consistent with this school's reputation and history. The principal is quick to scapegoat kids instead of recognize teacher needs help. What a nightmare and horrible first school experience for these kinders, we are looking into transferring schools after only two weeks.

Posted April 10, 2014
Awesome! My kids get the best education here. The teachers give each child their undivided attention.

Posted April 10, 2014
The students are the main focal point of the school's mission statement. Great student/teacher ratio.

Posted April 10, 2014
Fantastic! So blessed to have my children attend such a great school. The teachers are amazing!

Posted April 10, 2014
The school has in place guidelines to continue the path of success with methods of including parents and students.

Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2014
I agree with other parents concern about students with special needs. Principal, teacher and special needs counselor shows total disregard for students with special needs. They are just one additional headache for them. If you go and talk to them, they will politely ask you to go to another school rather than taking care of you. There is too much bullying. Teachers and administrators don't like students from other races. That is why you will see very few students of other races. My advice is to go to other schools if this is your home school.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 12, 2013
I am pleased that my children attend this school. The princiapl, Mrs. Weed is the best princiapl, so interactive and outside talking with parents, meeting the kids to make sure they have good days. I honestly am so glad I switched my kids from Noah Webster Basic School where the principal never called anyone back and never was seen. Jacobson has been a blessing to my children and as a parent I am so happy!!!

Posted May 28, 2013
This has been my son's first year at Jacobson and I could not have been more pleased. He's gifted with fairly severe ADHD. Other school districts had wanted to put him in a special needs classroom. Only Chandler agreed with us that he should be put in the gifted program where he would be challenged academically and socially. Jacobson has given him the support he needed to succeed in the gifted program. They have been responsive to all our concerns and usually were way ahead of us. I don't think we could have had a better experience. The teachers and resource teacher have been phenomenal.

Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School
1515 NW Jacaranda Parkway, Chandler, AZ  85248
Last modified Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anna Marie Jacobson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top