Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Thank you to Mrs. Lori Peters! A wonderful teacher who communicates well with parents, loves her students, and is wonderful at helping children progress to achieve higher goals and standards for themselves! My daughter loves her so much she accidentally called her mom!!

Anna Marie Jacobson  Elementary School 5

Posted May 23, 2016
From the wonderful people in the administrative office to the wonderful teachers we've been so lucky to experience to beyond the bell after school program, I couldn't be more pleased to have my children attending Jacobson!

Anna Marie Jacobson  Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2016
She has favorites. Clearly any child with special needs is ridiculed in front of the class. She has called my son "a liar" and worse. He has developed tics in just this school year due to her mean and passive agressive manners. I am filing a complaint with superintendant as soon as school year is over (i am afraid she will take it out on him if I do it beforehand).

Grateful to: Parent

Posted May 12, 2016
Toni Stevenson. If it wasn't for her, there would be no Art or Space Explorers! Period.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 12, 2016
Butler (6th) is by far the worst "teacher" I have ever come across. She has favorites. She is a snob to parents and has actually emailed me "I don't tell you how to parent, don't tell me how to teach" when I insisted she do something on my son's 504 plan. It was plain crazy.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 12, 2016
See the "bulling" notes.... It is pretty bad :( stuff like this NEVER would happen at Tarwater!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 12, 2016
My son was never bullied so much as this past school year at Jacobson. My child has special needs and kids make "buck teeth" faces at him and make fun of him constantly. I do not know which is more mean, the boys or the teachers/administration who let this happen/do not do anything to stop it. Heartbreaking.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 12, 2016
She has favorites. Clearly any child with supecial needs is ridiculed in front of the class. She has called my son "a liar" and worse. He has developed tics in just this school year due to her mean and passive agressive manners. I am filing a complaint with superintendant as soon as school year is over (i am afraid she will take it out on him if I do it beforehand).

Anna Marie Jacobson  Elementary School 1

Posted December 30, 2015
Positive until 6th grade Butler. She made my daughter afraid to go to school.... No problems until Butler.

Anna Marie Jacobson  Elementary School 4

Posted June 26, 2015
My Daughter attended Jacobson from Kindergarten and just finished 6th grade. She has had some good teachers, ok ones (who thankfully retired) and a few awesome teachers during this time. The former Principle -Mrs Weed was great, - the new one, not impressed at all. The Orchestra teacher is awesome - my daughter loved her. And Mr Zarnick, her 5th grade teacher was the best! I highly recommend you do anything you can to have your 5th grader in his class. He was excellent in the academic part - but really challenged them in Life Skills - which really is not done now a days...He is amazing and really should be listed as one of - if not the best teacher in this school!! The school work is challenging for some kids. My daughter was in the highest Math and Language Arts which helped her test into Honors Math and Language Arts for Jr High. Hoping that will continue to be good for her. My daughter did say that the CATS (gifted) kids typically were the snobby ones and made sure the regular kids knew they "were beneath them". And of course there were the "mean" girls which seemed much more prevalent in 6th grade because there is nothing more important than "teasing" or making sure people feel like outcasts. Just make sure you talk to your kid, and always be there for the day when they do break down and the "words" do hurt. My daughter had her breaking point - we talked and she came away stronger and with a much more "I really don't care what you say or think" attitude to these mean girls. She does have some great friends - they have each others backs and are very sweet and kind. I am grateful she has them as they continue on to Jr High - they have taught her the true meaning of friendship. It's been a good 6 years - now off to Bogle Jr High and I have high hopes my daughter will continue to excel.

1515 NW Jacaranda Parkway, Chandler, AZ  85248
Last modified Anna Marie Jacobson  Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.