Bogle Junior High School

Public | 7-8 | 1175 students

Posted July 15, 2014

My child just finished 7th grade and is looking forward to another great year at Bogle. Her Language Arts teacher Mrs. Kintz is preparing her students very well for college. Her social studies teacher Mr. Eiler's humor appealed to that age group and made learning fun. The band has been a great experience, too. When my daughter reported a bullying situation (against another child) the school took it seriously and handled it well. I am so glad my child attends this school. It has been a very good experience for her.

Posted November 4, 2013

I have a daughter who is currently an 8th grade in this school. And she loves the academic challenges being thrown at her! She is in the Honors class, and really thriving, enough to be offered an after school Math course that already teaches her 2nd year High School level Math! If she is able to pass this course, she'll be a freshman in High school, doing a 3rd year Math course. I love how supportive, and encouraging the teachers are, and the activities that they have that really challenges the students here, but really gives you that pride and honor, when you passed them with flying colors! I have another daughter just in 3rd grade, but I am looking forward for her to go to this school for her Junior High years, too!

Posted September 28, 2013

Bogle is a great school. I can assure you there is no bullying and there is a great staff. In Bogle you have fun and have great academic experiences at the same time!! Its a wonderful school! This is the one and only Jr. High our family has ever been to because its perfect everybody. Below, on, or above grade level, there is a place for everyone!!

Posted August 12, 2013

I am pleased with this school!! My daughter is loving the school and is already off to a great start and feeling confident in her classes!!!!

Posted January 19, 2013

I disagree with every parent here!! I am a student and personally i think students have more of an idea of what the school is like than parents do! Parents think they know everything about the school! But truth is they don't! Everybody reading this, I just want to let you know that it isn't the parent's job to rate the school, it's the student or teacher's job! Do the parents atttend the school daily? Do parents interact with the teachers every day? Do parents get the homework that is assigned to us? Do parents really know if there's bullying? NO! Parents for your information. Bogle is the best middle school around. So parents thinking of enlisting your child here, you should kknow how amazingly wonderful Bogle is. It's clean, fun, studious, kind and very welcoming. Take my advice!

Posted January 3, 2012

I went to this school 8 years ago now. It's probably changed a lot since but I didn't fit in well to their rigid homework system and frequently would be assigned "9th Hour" (after school suspension). I was a good quite kid (in advanced classes) with some trouble at home and instead of trying to help me I was treated like a bad kid. When I transferred to Hamilton High School and college (engineering) my grades and state of mind increased greatly.

Posted December 23, 2011

I have been going here for about half a year and this school has been the greatest experience of my life! I dont give a crap what parents say about this, it is an awesome schools, and I get a good education from the teachers. I love bogle jr. high!

Posted October 17, 2011

We have had a good experience at this school. Two of our 4 kids have gone here and have had no issues with teachers, classmates or staff. They've had no complaints with the academics and have met wonderful friends there. To all those who are complaining, get involved and promote a positive environment rather than "bash" a school that is doing what it can to overcome State budget cuts. Contact our state officials that support our schools and be an encouragement to school administration, staff and teachers!! They need our praise, not our criticism!!

Posted July 4, 2011

I go to Bogle and it is a really good school. The teachers are helpful and nice. All the teachers are different but they are amazing. The school is clean adn they recently won Arizona A+ award. I really love this schoool and i would'nt want to go anywhere else.

Posted May 25, 2011

We moved here from Gilbert school district and I was very glad to see the academics were challenging for him. He is finishing 7th grade with mostly A's with 1 B. He has worked very hard and enjoyed the after school programs with Bogle. The teachers have been great and expect the kids to work hard. I am very pleased so far and feel Bogle teachers have done a great job with my son.

Posted May 16, 2011

This school has some of the best 7th grade teachers, and absolutely the worst 8th grade teachers. Had i know this, I would have not allowed my child to attend. After speaking with other families, I was surprised to hear that we all are having the same problem with one or more of our teachers. I am very disappointed, and its unfortunate that these teachers be allowed to teach.

Posted February 27, 2011

I am gonna go here! My friend says SAntan is better i but I really don't care! :)

Posted January 24, 2011

Whilr the facility is good, the teachers assign too much homework and give students too little gidance on how to comlete the work. They are too rigid and have little or no flexibility when it comes to working with students who do not fit into their paradigm. I am actively seeking affordable alternatives t this school for my 7th grade son and would encourage every parent to avoid this school if their child is not a cookie-cutter student and has a mind of his/her own.

Posted December 12, 2010

I don't like Bogle Junior High School, i think its one of the worse schools ever. the education system is really bad and the teachers don't take enough time to teach everything. Despite the facts i think there is some great teachers after all. But some really need to step it up.

Posted November 29, 2010

We moved here from Illinois. WHAT A SHOCK!! My son is in 8th grade and for being new to the school, the teachers are less than helpful. I have talked with counselors and vice-president, no change. We are seeking private schooling!! No wonder Arizona is known for their poor schooling. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 28, 2010

I DO NOT agree with you, or at least the school has changed a lot. The teachers are fine, and willing to help us.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 27, 2010

I feel that this school did not meet all the needs for my child and the lack of communication as well.

Posted April 20, 2010

We just moved here in the fall.. My daughter likes most of the teachers but the the kids are surprisingly rude, inconsiderate, nasty, and generally not friendly. She has made straight A's but she doesn't feel like the work is challenging! I Would not recommend this school.

Posted April 12, 2010

Second year my child has attended this school. 8th grade teachers are much better than 7th grade teachers. Administration questionable at best. I find the school a disappointment coming from Jacobson..... I agree!!!!!

Posted April 12, 2010

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

566 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

566 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

560 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

603 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

602 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 26%N/A47%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Robotics/Technology specialist(s)