Public charter
Chandler, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted September 05, 2014
This is our first year at BBS entering in at Kindergarten. So far we have been very impressed with my child's teacher and full time aide. Both are extremely competent, trustworthy, organized and wonderful teachers! Their curriculum is fun and innovative. We love that he is getting Spanish, PE, Music twice a week plus Art and Computers once a week. I would say the only downfall is not having a multi-purpose room that could be used as a lunch room/indoor gym area - I think this would be extremely helpful for all the hot days at the beginning of the year.

Posted August 15, 2014
I feel obligated to give a review here after seeing some of the bad reviews. I have two kids attending BBS now, one in 3rd one in K. We are very happy with the school. There were some bad reviews recently about the school management and teachers turnover. Actually it was something we worried also. We actually enrolled our younger kid in a highly rated public school at the beginning of the semester due to the concern. But after three weeks we were really disappointed and we decided to transfer our younger kid back to BBS. Luckily enough for us, there is a open spot. We could not be happier after the transfer. The curriculum is so much more fun, the kid is much happier and not tired, the homework is not tedious and boring at all and the kid loves to do it. And equally important to us, we can be very involved but not isolated like the other school. We are very satisfied with both of our kids teachers. They are very devoted and highly responsible. Don't let some of the reviews scare you. The management may have its problem and could be improved. But the teachers are the best you can find.

Posted August 15, 2014
Both my kids are in BBS now and we are very satisfied. The curriculum is rigorous and structural but also very fun! They also have monthly book report projects and lots of hands-on work in class. I don't want my kids to do lots of drilling and repetitive exercise at this young age. As they are getting older, I do see they get more homework but still in a reasonable amount. Another highlight is that they have very good specials like Spanish and Art and computer lab. We also like the after school programs. They have art, clay, choir, and drama etc. The music teacher is great! Even though there are some turnovers, most of the experienced teachers still stay. Teachers are approachable and parents are very involved. I feel the whole school is like a big family. Another highlight is each class has a principle teacher and full time teaching aid and class size is not as big as public school. Each kid will get sufficient attention. Teachers are devoted and passionate. I feel so secure every morning when I drop off my kids at school seeing them going to school with smiling faces and coming back home happily in the afternoon.

Posted August 02, 2014
I have an issue with they July 17 review. Schools will always have turnover both with staff and admin. The teachers that are currently teaching at BBS are great teachers. From what I understand, each grade level has an experienced team leader, who in turn helps plan the curriculum for that grade based on a curriculum schedule. With regards to the money driven comments, it is a Charter school, typically they do need to do fundraisers to support various school related items such as: staffing school with a full time aide in every room, adding on to current building, pay for teachers, items for the classroom, and many other things. I have been at parent at BBS since my daughters were in pre-school. I have never been employed by the school. However, I have given my much of my time to volunteering with my daughters teachers/classrooms in any capacity i was needed. I chose BBS over 7 years ago, until this year it was the only school my children had ever attended. My girls have an incredible love for school, I know that the direct result of the foundation they got from BBS. I will be forever grateful to this school and for its teachers.

Posted August 02, 2014
This is my son's 5th year and I don't know how long the administrator has been there but it's been for a while. 3 out of 5 my son's teachers have been there 15 plus years. The one that had only been there one year was the best ever, eventually became the principal, and had sent all her highly intelligent children there. Nothing but positive experiences!

Bright Beginnings School #1 1

Posted July 17, 2014
I have been sending my child to BBS for years, until now. The school has had massive turnover in Administration in the past four months. The current Administrator, the only one, is the owner, who has zero teaching or curriculum experience. I do not wish to send my child to a school that is run by a for profit, business minded individual, more interested in profit than education. The teachers will be lost without having a common goal on curriculum and an overall educational philosophy. It is so important for a school to be led by someone who has an extensive background in education, otherwise it is no different than any other business. I would highly recommend not to send your child to this school. There are much better alternatives for a much better education, like ACP, Basis and Athlos.

Posted February 11, 2014
My son love the school and teachers. Very well balanced wrt academic as well as other activities. School choices are totally dependent on kids and parents. This is a great choice for us. The optional club choices are really good; teachers and aides are really approachable.Only drawback I can point out is regarding after care program for halfdays as it will be a huge help for working parents and who will have to take off or work from home to pick the kids. It will be great if they support working parents with a solid aftercare staff/program.

Bright Beginnings School #1 2

Posted December 27, 2013
We went to BBS for over five years and left last year. There has been a large turnover in staff (administration, teachers, and aides) since then, especially the last year. There was also a lot of families that left the school, I would assume the retention rate after fourth grade is low. When we started there most teachers had masters degrees, when we left people without BA degrees were being offered teaching jobs. The principal is also the owner, she does not have an education in teaching or school administration, and this is a for-profit charter school. Much of the amenities and extras the school has is funded by the PTA and parents. The reading program after K lacks structure, the computer applications are outdated, most of the curriculum is teacher driven so your experience depends on getting a good teacher each year, socially the school is very "clicky" and staff kids do receive preferential treatment. When we started the curriculum was more advanced than the average public school classroom, I do not think that is the case anymore. I would definitely not recommend this school for any student on an IEP, 504 Plan or requiring Special Ed services.

Bright Beginnings School #1 4

Posted September 08, 2013
My child has attended this school for a few years and I've found it overall to be a cut above. I am grateful my child is in a class of 21 students and 2 full time teachers. They are learning yoga in PE, harmonizing like pros in music, studying art history and real life math skills. Creativity is encouraged in writing and presentations that boost self esteem. After school clubs include a show choir, clay class, and multiple athletics. The statement that more than 10 teachers left last year is inaccurate. While there was an increase in turnover, its not always because of the school itself. A couple teachers resigned due to their husband's job transfers. I would take any overtly negative review with a huge grain of salt.

Bright Beginnings School #1 4

Posted August 24, 2013
A financial summary was sent home to families and raises more questions. Business owners have multiple expenses to upkeep property, which is ingested by the owner not the parents.This is one ex. of a huge expectation that parents should fund everything from papers/pencils in the classroom to fixing toilets, which is an operating cost. Another big change in this school is staff members and the entire front office staff leaving for better employment opportunities. Is the environment behind closed doors so awful that many teachers, aides, and all front office staff have left? Parent involvement and support is evident in this school, so what atmosphere is this principal creating that produces such a high turn over rate 12 months? After researching the financial statement further, more questions arise where money is going, ex: prop 301 money should be given to teachers yearly. After questioning staff they have not been given this money in the past several years. Other schools in Chandler give their teachers 1500 a year (public and charter). So this financial record is incomplete. Why is the principal/owner, not taking care of the people that makeBright Beginnings excellent.

Bright Beginnings School #1
400 N. Andersen Blvd., Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified Bright Beginnings School #1 is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bright Beginnings School #1 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 314 reviews. Top