Chandler Traditional Academy - Goodman

Public | PK-6 | 668 students

Posted May 29, 2014

This school is what other schools should strive to replicate! My son has been attending this extraordinary school for 5 years and is now going into 6th grade here. Each year, he has has a teacher has strived to give him the attention that he needs to be successful. CTA Goodman focuses on parent involvement, so be prepared to dive into the homework to help your child! Semesterly, parent/teacher meetings are held to further foster parent/teacher communication. Each day, my son tells me a new story about an exciting new concept he has learned or a funny event that he witnesses. If I had to find one area for this school to focus on, I believe this would be the content of the learning. Although the content is perfectly acceptable and at grade level, I wish that something more would be offered to those who are above grade level. CTA Goodman has already instituted an advanced literary group for each grade and I wish they would create an advanced math class as well. My child quickly so I wish the program would cater more to his needs. Furthermore, this school has built my son up to be an intelligent, charming child and I definitely recommend you to allow CTA Goodman to assist your child.

Posted April 2, 2014

We enrolled out of district for the 2013-14 year. At the close of our first year @ CTA Goodman, I can say that our first grade son has progressed impressively in his reading, writing, spelling and math skills. His teacher ran a tight ship and kids all love her. Our son has already developed skills in self-discipline and an enthusiasm for learning. The principal is wonderful and clearly loves her job. We are looking forward to second grade!

Posted September 5, 2013

Excellent school! However, if you're a parent who is not involved with your child's education, this school is not for you, and you are setting your child up for failure. This school highly promotes parents/student collaboration with projects and homework. At times it feels like you are also being graded as a parent.If your child is failing in this school, it's only because you are failing your child as a parent. Some of the areas where this school excels is in Mathematics, Reading and giving your child the confidence to speak in front of a classroom by reading and reciting poems by memory. This school is getting better and better with age and I am confident that they will continue to grow and be one of the best elementary schools in the state. If I had to nitpick I would just say that they need to ramp up their extra-curricular activities (science club, robotics class, etc..), overall "A" school.

Posted March 28, 2013

This is a great school and has very good teachers and staff . The academics are also very good. The principal is excellent and takes great care so that each kid gets the right assistance and support to achieve their potential. It is mainly focussed on Reading and Math which is great , but they should also focus a bit more on science as well.

Posted December 19, 2012

I absolutely love this school and I'm thoroughly impressed by the teachers, staff, and curriculum. My daughter is a Kindergartner and is learning faster than I ever thought was possible for a 5 year old. She has about 25-40 minutes of homework every day which can be a bit much for her at times because she gets so tired, but it's good involvement and you really get to see what they are delving into everyday. I am very happy with her teacher and the principle. They are very proactive when it comes to security at the school as well. My daughter loves her teacher, the other students, the special classes like music and PE and she looks forward to school everyday (well, almost everday!).

Posted August 13, 2012

My son's 2nd greade teacher, Mr. Perdue, took the time to assist my son with all of his assignments, worked at his level, quickly caught on that my son has a, let's say a slight attention issue. If he's done, he was done whether the assignment or test was complete. Mr. Perdue would look over the paper and allow a little extra time for my son to go back and finish the work. Mr. Perdue also took time over the summer to tutor my son with math to ensure he would be ready for 3rd grade. Mrs. Pfau, my son's 3rd grade teacher seems to work on the same level. From what I can tell the staff at CTA Goodman truly have the student's best interest at heart. Completely and thoroughly happy with this school!

Posted February 24, 2012

My son is in kindergarten at CTA-Goodman and he is doing fantastic. His teacher is so patient and great at managing the students. By mid-way through the first semester, he was already reading whole Dr. Seuss books with little assistance. The administration is friendly and involved. You can see that they really care. This really is a great school.

Posted November 19, 2011

best kindergarten teachers in chandler! high expectations yet caring and thoughtful. couldn't imagine my child anywhere else! six stars out of five.

Posted November 16, 2011

My daughter is attending CTA Goodman for her 1st Grade. She is in Mrs. Liniger s class. As parents, we are very satisfied with the school and teachers. We can see her progress day by day. She was a trouble maker in kindergarten and the teacher complained almost every day. After she came to CTA she became a completely different one - - a straight As student loved by teachers and her classmates. My daughter made a rapid progress on discipline and self-control. With the help from Mrs. Liniger, she found her confidence back. Five 1st grade teachers work together. They are an awesome team. All the teachers in Kids Express are also wonderful. My daughter feels so happy in CTA Goodman. She kept losing weight when she was in Kindergarten and she started to gain some weight after she came to CTA Goodman. It is the best school for us. Now we are moving to Texas due to job transfer. My daughter is very sad about leaving CTA Goodman. Thanks CTA Goodman. We wish you the best!

Posted September 30, 2011

My daughter is currently attending Goodman for the fifth year. We live in Gilbert and it is a long 30-40 min drive (with traffic) daily, but we would not change it for anything. We love the school and we love the staff at Goodman. Thank you so much.

Posted May 3, 2011

My son is finishing his second year here at Goodman and I have to say I absolutely love it. We make a 20 minute drive to school twice a day and I wouldn't dream of moving to a different school (including a different CTA campus). The staff is just wonderful and the principle is the best there is. Thank you CTA-Goodman.

Posted January 25, 2011

I've had at least one student at Goodman every year consistently for 14 years and I can tell you that this school gets finer with age. Many schools decline as they get older, but CTA Goodman has continued to bring only exceptional teachers and staff on board. Thanks to the current principal for her dedication in helping this school become a Traditional Academy. All of my children have thrived here!

Posted August 8, 2010

its a great school staff is very helpful and great curriculam . They are well organised and well equipped with modern methods of teaching

Posted April 27, 2010

My son is just about to complete Kindergarten at Goodman, and I have been so impressed with how much he's learned. In his homework I see the foundations for higher math being laid in addition to mastery of the basics. I love the enrichment classes like music, library, computers, and PE, plus he has gone from being too scared to try to read to reading at the second grade level. He is happy and looks forward to school. I think they've given him a great start to academics that will serve him well the rest of his school career.

Posted February 20, 2010

Excellent school with exceptional teachers. The principal, Mrs. Sniff, is top-notch. Goodman is a great little school with a challenging curriculum and dedicated faculty. We were recently moved out of state and if we ever get the chance to move back to Arizona, we will only look at houses in the Goodman boundaries!

Posted January 23, 2010

The is the 2nd year of my younger daughter in CTA Goodmand. I can see the big change from kindergarten to 1st grade. Her reading skills improves a lot. My older daughter started from the 4th grade in CTA Goodman. She loved this school, expecially her 6th grade teacher - Mr Hodges. He is awesome!! It is highly recommended exelling school!

Posted November 5, 2008

My daughter just started Kindergarten at this school this year and she loves it. She is getting an amazing education. She is learning so much, more than I ever would have thought a 5 year old could. They teach everything in such a great progressing way that the kids learn so easily. My daughter has Ms. Smith and she is the absolute BEST teacher! They just increased their rating this year to EXCELLING too.

Posted August 30, 2008

My daughter attends this school and loves it so much. Her teacher Miss Bors is the best preschool teacher that I know of.

Posted August 28, 2007

My son attends this school and since the change to CTA we have been very unhappy. It seems like the school has to hire new teachers every year because they can't keep the ones the have. The kids last year (06)were like lab rats learing the new curriculum. Dont even get me started on the Office staff.

Posted August 8, 2007

Both of my children attend this school. I have had nothing but very positive experiences with the staff. The teachers are excellent and always willing to address the needs of the children. The traditional academy challenges the children academically and the expectations are high. I would definately recommend this school to parents.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 14% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 21%N/A47%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Computer specialist(s)
Gardening teacher(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • School psychologist
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school

• PE instructor(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Tutor(s)
Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Access to sports fields
  • Auditorium
  • Cafeteria
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom