Chandler Traditional Academy - Goodman 4

Posted May 29, 2014
This school is what other schools should strive to replicate! My son has been attending this extraordinary school for 5 years and is now going into 6th grade here. Each year, he has has a teacher has strived to give him the attention that he needs to be successful. CTA Goodman focuses on parent involvement, so be prepared to dive into the homework to help your child! Semesterly, parent/teacher meetings are held to further foster parent/teacher communication. Each day, my son tells me a new story about an exciting new concept he has learned or a funny event that he witnesses. If I had to find one area for this school to focus on, I believe this would be the content of the learning. Although the content is perfectly acceptable and at grade level, I wish that something more would be offered to those who are above grade level. CTA Goodman has already instituted an advanced literary group for each grade and I wish they would create an advanced math class as well. My child quickly so I wish the program would cater more to his needs. Furthermore, this school has built my son up to be an intelligent, charming child and I definitely recommend you to allow CTA Goodman to assist your child.

Posted April 02, 2014
We enrolled out of district for the 2013-14 year. At the close of our first year @ CTA Goodman, I can say that our first grade son has progressed impressively in his reading, writing, spelling and math skills. His teacher ran a tight ship and kids all love her. Our son has already developed skills in self-discipline and an enthusiasm for learning. The principal is wonderful and clearly loves her job. We are looking forward to second grade!

Posted September 05, 2013
Excellent school! However, if you're a parent who is not involved with your child's education, this school is not for you, and you are setting your child up for failure. This school highly promotes parents/student collaboration with projects and homework. At times it feels like you are also being graded as a parent.If your child is failing in this school, it's only because you are failing your child as a parent. Some of the areas where this school excels is in Mathematics, Reading and giving your child the confidence to speak in front of a classroom by reading and reciting poems by memory. This school is getting better and better with age and I am confident that they will continue to grow and be one of the best elementary schools in the state. If I had to nitpick I would just say that they need to ramp up their extra-curricular activities (science club, robotics class, etc..), overall "A" school.

Posted March 28, 2013
This is a great school and has very good teachers and staff . The academics are also very good. The principal is excellent and takes great care so that each kid gets the right assistance and support to achieve their potential. It is mainly focussed on Reading and Math which is great , but they should also focus a bit more on science as well.

Posted December 19, 2012
I absolutely love this school and I'm thoroughly impressed by the teachers, staff, and curriculum. My daughter is a Kindergartner and is learning faster than I ever thought was possible for a 5 year old. She has about 25-40 minutes of homework every day which can be a bit much for her at times because she gets so tired, but it's good involvement and you really get to see what they are delving into everyday. I am very happy with her teacher and the principle. They are very proactive when it comes to security at the school as well. My daughter loves her teacher, the other students, the special classes like music and PE and she looks forward to school everyday (well, almost everday!).

Posted August 13, 2012
My son's 2nd greade teacher, Mr. Perdue, took the time to assist my son with all of his assignments, worked at his level, quickly caught on that my son has a, let's say a slight attention issue. If he's done, he was done whether the assignment or test was complete. Mr. Perdue would look over the paper and allow a little extra time for my son to go back and finish the work. Mr. Perdue also took time over the summer to tutor my son with math to ensure he would be ready for 3rd grade. Mrs. Pfau, my son's 3rd grade teacher seems to work on the same level. From what I can tell the staff at CTA Goodman truly have the student's best interest at heart. Completely and thoroughly happy with this school!

Posted February 24, 2012
My son is in kindergarten at CTA-Goodman and he is doing fantastic. His teacher is so patient and great at managing the students. By mid-way through the first semester, he was already reading whole Dr. Seuss books with little assistance. The administration is friendly and involved. You can see that they really care. This really is a great school.

Posted November 19, 2011
best kindergarten teachers in chandler! high expectations yet caring and thoughtful. couldn't imagine my child anywhere else! six stars out of five.

Posted November 16, 2011
My daughter is attending CTA Goodman for her 1st Grade. She is in Mrs. Liniger s class. As parents, we are very satisfied with the school and teachers. We can see her progress day by day. She was a trouble maker in kindergarten and the teacher complained almost every day. After she came to CTA she became a completely different one - - a straight As student loved by teachers and her classmates. My daughter made a rapid progress on discipline and self-control. With the help from Mrs. Liniger, she found her confidence back. Five 1st grade teachers work together. They are an awesome team. All the teachers in Kids Express are also wonderful. My daughter feels so happy in CTA Goodman. She kept losing weight when she was in Kindergarten and she started to gain some weight after she came to CTA Goodman. It is the best school for us. Now we are moving to Texas due to job transfer. My daughter is very sad about leaving CTA Goodman. Thanks CTA Goodman. We wish you the best!

Posted September 30, 2011
My daughter is currently attending Goodman for the fifth year. We live in Gilbert and it is a long 30-40 min drive (with traffic) daily, but we would not change it for anything. We love the school and we love the staff at Goodman. Thank you so much.

Chandler Traditional Academy - Goodman
2600 W. Knox, Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified Chandler Traditional Academy - Goodman is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chandler Traditional Academy - Goodman Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews.