Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They assign too much homework too all grades starting in kindergarten.

My daughter attended CTA Goodman for kindergarten. One of the reasons we choose Goodman was that they used Spalding to teach reading. However, the school does NOT use Spalding faithfully. They expect parents to practice with sights words which is not part of Spalding. They expect the kindergartners to read before they had learned enough spelling words. Spalding is very thorough when applied correctly but CTA's short cuts (necessary because the expectation that the kindergartners will read) is actually worse for the children than a more conventional reading program.

It is a good school but if you have problems or issues that the needs the principal's attention she will ignore you by not taking your calls. I left 2 voicemails that she claimed she didn't get. When we went to the school on two different occasions, one time the office said she wouldn't be available for an hour and a half but when we said we would wait she came up front after five minutes. The second time when she knew we where coming in she literally hid in the cafertria kitchen.

This school is what other schools should strive to replicate! My son has been attending this extraordinary school for 5 years and is now going into 6th grade here. Each year, he has has a teacher has strived to give him the attention that he needs to be successful. CTA Goodman focuses on parent involvement, so be prepared to dive into the homework to help your child! Semesterly, parent/teacher meetings are held to further foster parent/teacher communication. Each day, my son tells me a new story about an exciting new concept he has learned or a funny event that he witnesses. If I had to find one area for this school to focus on, I believe this would be the content of the learning. Although the content is perfectly acceptable and at grade level, I wish that something more would be offered to those who are above grade level. CTA Goodman has already instituted an advanced literary group for each grade and I wish they would create an advanced math class as well. My child quickly so I wish the program would cater more to his needs. Furthermore, this school has built my son up to be an intelligent, charming child and I definitely recommend you to allow CTA Goodman to assist your child.

We enrolled out of district for the 2013-14 year. At the close of our first year @ CTA Goodman, I can say that our first grade son has progressed impressively in his reading, writing, spelling and math skills. His teacher ran a tight ship and kids all love her. Our son has already developed skills in self-discipline and an enthusiasm for learning. The principal is wonderful and clearly loves her job. We are looking forward to second grade!

Excellent school! However, if you're a parent who is not involved with your child's education, this school is not for you, and you are setting your child up for failure. This school highly promotes parents/student collaboration with projects and homework. At times it feels like you are also being graded as a parent.If your child is failing in this school, it's only because you are failing your child as a parent. Some of the areas where this school excels is in Mathematics, Reading and giving your child the confidence to speak in front of a classroom by reading and reciting poems by memory. This school is getting better and better with age and I am confident that they will continue to grow and be one of the best elementary schools in the state. If I had to nitpick I would just say that they need to ramp up their extra-curricular activities (science club, robotics class, etc..), overall "A" school.

This is a great school and has very good teachers and staff . The academics are also very good. The principal is excellent and takes great care so that each kid gets the right assistance and support to achieve their potential. It is mainly focussed on Reading and Math which is great , but they should also focus a bit more on science as well.

I absolutely love this school and I'm thoroughly impressed by the teachers, staff, and curriculum. My daughter is a Kindergartner and is learning faster than I ever thought was possible for a 5 year old. She has about 25-40 minutes of homework every day which can be a bit much for her at times because she gets so tired, but it's good involvement and you really get to see what they are delving into everyday. I am very happy with her teacher and the principle. They are very proactive when it comes to security at the school as well. My daughter loves her teacher, the other students, the special classes like music and PE and she looks forward to school everyday (well, almost everday!).

My son's 2nd greade teacher, Mr. Perdue, took the time to assist my son with all of his assignments, worked at his level, quickly caught on that my son has a, let's say a slight attention issue. If he's done, he was done whether the assignment or test was complete. Mr. Perdue would look over the paper and allow a little extra time for my son to go back and finish the work. Mr. Perdue also took time over the summer to tutor my son with math to ensure he would be ready for 3rd grade. Mrs. Pfau, my son's 3rd grade teacher seems to work on the same level. From what I can tell the staff at CTA Goodman truly have the student's best interest at heart. Completely and thoroughly happy with this school!

My son is in kindergarten at CTA-Goodman and he is doing fantastic. His teacher is so patient and great at managing the students. By mid-way through the first semester, he was already reading whole Dr. Seuss books with little assistance. The administration is friendly and involved. You can see that they really care. This really is a great school.

Last modified Chandler Traditional Academy - Goodman is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.