Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 2

Posted November 17, 2014
To whoever said ACP doesn't overwhelm the students.... their children obviously don't communicate to them completely, because pretty much everyone I know says they're overwhelmed. I mean, who isn't? Every teacher says there's only 1 hour of homework per night. That is true. But considering we have 6 classes, that's 6 hours of homework per night. Think about it. There's 24 hours in a day. 7 hours of that is spent in school. That leaves 17 hours. Now take away 6 more hours for homework/studying. That's 11 hours. Now, take the amount of sleep that researchers say is ideal for teenagers to grow properly- 9-10 hours per night. That leaves only 1-2 hours for clubs/athletics, family time, social time with friends, etc. Don't go here.

Posted November 10, 2014
This is the perfect school for students to learn in a supportive environment. The kids get the right amount of homework each night. They are challenged to think but they are not overwhelmed with work. The teachers are incredibly helpful and everyone on campus is friendly. This school is the perfect school for kids that want to excel and have a great opportunity to go to college. The work level prepares the students in the best way for any college level classes. Students at this school learn how to work with others, how to manage their time and how to work in a community. Since ACP-E is a small school, there are less distractions which leads to students focusing on academics and exceeding in their classes. ACP provides opportunities for students to interact with each other with fun campus events. The campus environment is friendly and welcoming for any student. My children go to ACP and they're both very happy with every part of ACP from the teachers, to the academics, to the social environment, to the community aspect of the campus and athletics. I would recommend ACP to any parent who cares about their child's future because this school will prepare them in the best way possible.

Posted November 10, 2014
I am a student at ACP-Erie and I have no doubt in my mind that this is a great school. All of the teachers are very supportive of every single student and they are all so dedicated to their work. All of the teachers work hard to make sure every student understands the lesson. The social life on the campus is also very relaxed. Since the school is so small, everyone gets the chance to really get to know their peers. The campus becomes a community where everyone helps each other out and spends memorable moments together. Everyone is very friendly and supportive of each other. There are many clubs and programs that people can join. All of the clubs are fun and a provide a great way to meet new people. The athletic program at ACP is also very dedicated. They teach athletes how to manage their time which is a valuable lesson that can be applicable in any situation in the present and future. I am personally very happy to say that i go to ACP. The atmosphere is fun and everyone is friendly. All of the staff is very hardworking and dedicated. This school teaches us to work hard and to put effort in everything. Our motto is "Strive for the impossible and be extraordinary."

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 3

Posted August 20, 2014
ACP's academics are great though some of the teachers can be very rude. The homework load is about an assignment for each class a night. The students are very groupy and opinionated but once you have a group you will have fun. Their is also a lot of drama on social media and anonymous people stocking others life and even making fun of. On the positive side ACP's Drama club is a great program. Lastly,the school principal of the school is such a great guy and also very open to any comments and ideas

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 4

Posted August 12, 2014
I am a student at ACP. I love my school. I chose to come here and have been here since we officially became ACP, rather than Hamilton Prep and Chandler Traditional Junior High. We have a small, family feel, little social system, mostly good teachers, and we have a passion for school pride and being the best we can, "striving for the impossible and being extraordinary". True, the increased number of students for 2014-2015 school year has me concerned, unused to not recognizing everyone's faces in these oddly crowded halls, but ACP-Erie is still great. Let our actions speak for themselves.

Posted August 07, 2014
Congratulations to ACP for being ranked as one of the best schools in AZ again! (highest in composite points)

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 4

Posted June 23, 2014
When the school was housed at Chandler Christian Church and it was known as Hamilton Prep, the school was much better. It was smaller and the teaching staff was much better. Now that the school has grown, I feel that the quality has deteriorated. Many of the original staff have moved on and some of the new teachers are not on par with what is required to teach the curriculum. The high turnover of staff has continued this year and with the exception of a handful, the teachers that opened HP a few years ago are all gone. Mr. Bickes is a tremendous administrator and he deserves better. If not for him, the school would have never gotten off the ground. I have never seen a more dedicated principal to his school. He constantly thrives to make ACP the best it can possibly be.

Posted August 06, 2013
ACP Erie is simply amazing. My daughter started when the school was Hamilton Prep. My son now attends this school. The school has moved into a fantastic facility that used to be Erie Elementary. Everything is nice and new. The teachers really strive to challenge the kids. There is a lot of homework but is varied and really forces the kids to think out of the box. Excellent problem solving excercises and creative writing activities keep things from getting boring. The Spanish, Science and Math departments cannot be beat. The front office is helpful and professional. This is a small school where everyone knows everyone else and they all get along. There are team building excercises between the grades that make things fun. Amazing clubs (tons of choices!) for the kids to join and it is relatively easy to get on the sports teams since this is an 'academic' based school. None of the drama or riff-raff from the huge junior high or high schools. Private school education for free. How could we be so lucky to have this amazing school? We are truly blessed. I disagree that Whites make up 70% of the school. We are very diverse, lots of Asian and Indian kids who's parents work at Intel.

Posted July 19, 2013
Excellent school in any measurable way and a better school in unmeasurable ways. Wonderful education , staff is fantastic.

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 3

Posted April 22, 2013
I think my school is a great place and the teachers are helpful and care a lot about there students. Most of the students are nice as well. My only concern is the homework, especially for Junior High students. I was told at the beginning of the year that I would get used to having large amounts of homework every week, but I still haven't gotten used to it. I think it's stressful and teenagers shouldn't have to deal with this much stress. I, for example, start my homework around 4:00 and I still don't end up being done until late at night, like somewhere between 10:00 and midnight. The homework is my only problem and the block days, I don't really like those either. But the people are incredibly nice and I love learning new things every day. It's a great environment and I enjoy going to school. - Written by a student

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus
1150 W. Erie St., Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified Arizona College Prep Erie Campus is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona College Prep Erie Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top