Chandler, AZ

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 4

Posted May 17, 2015
It's a great school academically. However, as with all schools there are a few bad apples. Some of the teachers rely on the AIMS test to be part of their grading system rather than doing their jobs and preparing their own course work and exams. Unfortunately it's these lazy teachers who aren't deserving of raises, due to lack of effort that can bring down a school's rating.

Posted March 13, 2015
I'm a tenth grade student who has spent the last 4 years at this school. This school is my favorite place in the world, and I appreciate its affect on my life greatly. The students are all friendly and supportive, and we all interact with all groups of students- there's no cliques, drama, or social classes. The teachers are all wonderful and I'm very thankful for the work they've put into enriching our lives. There's an abundance of clubs, athletics, and events, giving countless opportunities for all to get involved and make the most of their high school experience. I will forever treasure the memories made due to this school. I can't think of a single area where this school is lacking. The work load is manageable and beneficial. I feel like I have a connection with every member of the campus and I wouldn't find this environment elsewhere. I'm in love with this school, a place I consider my home. I should end with the cliche promise that the students constantly "strive for the impossible" and are "extraordinary," because it is surely the truth.

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 2

Posted January 24, 2015
Honestly ACP is not for everyone. I usually end up doing homework for six to seven hours a night. Most of the teachers don't seem to care that all the students are drowning with the homework load. We all pretty much have no life outside homework at acp..

Posted January 21, 2015
My family and I are moving to Arizona area in August 2015, and I would like to know more about your school, due to my son will be entering the seventh grade, and we're looking for schools in the neighborhood, thank you for your help.

Posted January 16, 2015
Please read this if you are considering acp erie for your child. Acp erie is not for everyone which is why you need to test into this school. If after a couple weeks your kid is still spending hours on homework this may not be the school for you. My daughter has attended acp for two years now and has never spent more than an hour to an hour and a half on homework. A lot of days shes done in under 30 mins. If you're smart, organized, and have good study habits you'll do just fine. The kids here are really supportive of one another and because it's uniforms no one cares who's wearing what. Not a lot of drama either.

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 2

Posted November 17, 2014
To whoever said ACP doesn't overwhelm the students.... their children obviously don't communicate to them completely, because pretty much everyone I know says they're overwhelmed. I mean, who isn't? Every teacher says there's only 1 hour of homework per night. That is true. But considering we have 6 classes, that's 6 hours of homework per night. Think about it. There's 24 hours in a day. 7 hours of that is spent in school. That leaves 17 hours. Now take away 6 more hours for homework/studying. That's 11 hours. Now, take the amount of sleep that researchers say is ideal for teenagers to grow properly- 9-10 hours per night. That leaves only 1-2 hours for clubs/athletics, family time, social time with friends, etc. Don't go here.

Posted November 10, 2014
This is the perfect school for students to learn in a supportive environment. The kids get the right amount of homework each night. They are challenged to think but they are not overwhelmed with work. The teachers are incredibly helpful and everyone on campus is friendly. This school is the perfect school for kids that want to excel and have a great opportunity to go to college. The work level prepares the students in the best way for any college level classes. Students at this school learn how to work with others, how to manage their time and how to work in a community. Since ACP-E is a small school, there are less distractions which leads to students focusing on academics and exceeding in their classes. ACP provides opportunities for students to interact with each other with fun campus events. The campus environment is friendly and welcoming for any student. My children go to ACP and they're both very happy with every part of ACP from the teachers, to the academics, to the social environment, to the community aspect of the campus and athletics. I would recommend ACP to any parent who cares about their child's future because this school will prepare them in the best way possible.

Posted November 10, 2014
I am a student at ACP-Erie and I have no doubt in my mind that this is a great school. All of the teachers are very supportive of every single student and they are all so dedicated to their work. All of the teachers work hard to make sure every student understands the lesson. The social life on the campus is also very relaxed. Since the school is so small, everyone gets the chance to really get to know their peers. The campus becomes a community where everyone helps each other out and spends memorable moments together. Everyone is very friendly and supportive of each other. There are many clubs and programs that people can join. All of the clubs are fun and a provide a great way to meet new people. The athletic program at ACP is also very dedicated. They teach athletes how to manage their time which is a valuable lesson that can be applicable in any situation in the present and future. I am personally very happy to say that i go to ACP. The atmosphere is fun and everyone is friendly. All of the staff is very hardworking and dedicated. This school teaches us to work hard and to put effort in everything. Our motto is "Strive for the impossible and be extraordinary."

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 3

Posted August 20, 2014
ACP's academics are great though some of the teachers can be very rude. The homework load is about an assignment for each class a night. The students are very groupy and opinionated but once you have a group you will have fun. Their is also a lot of drama on social media and anonymous people stocking others life and even making fun of. On the positive side ACP's Drama club is a great program. Lastly,the school principal of the school is such a great guy and also very open to any comments and ideas

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 4

Posted August 12, 2014
I am a student at ACP. I love my school. I chose to come here and have been here since we officially became ACP, rather than Hamilton Prep and Chandler Traditional Junior High. We have a small, family feel, little social system, mostly good teachers, and we have a passion for school pride and being the best we can, "striving for the impossible and being extraordinary". True, the increased number of students for 2014-2015 school year has me concerned, unused to not recognizing everyone's faces in these oddly crowded halls, but ACP-Erie is still great. Let our actions speak for themselves.

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus
1150 W. Erie St., Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified Arizona College Prep Erie Campus is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona College Prep Erie Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top