Posted August 20, 2014
ACP's academics are great though some of the teachers can be very rude. The homework load is about an assignment for each class a night. The students are very groupy and opinionated but once you have a group you will have fun. Their is also a lot of drama on social media and anonymous people stocking others life and even making fun of. On the positive side ACP's Drama club is a great program. Lastly,the school principal of the school is such a great guy and also very open to any comments and ideas

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 4

Posted August 12, 2014
I am a student at ACP. I love my school. I chose to come here and have been here since we officially became ACP, rather than Hamilton Prep and Chandler Traditional Junior High. We have a small, family feel, little social system, mostly good teachers, and we have a passion for school pride and being the best we can, "striving for the impossible and being extraordinary". True, the increased number of students for 2014-2015 school year has me concerned, unused to not recognizing everyone's faces in these oddly crowded halls, but ACP-Erie is still great. Let our actions speak for themselves.

Posted August 07, 2014
Congratulations to ACP for being ranked as one of the best schools in AZ again! (highest in composite points)

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus 4

Posted June 23, 2014
When the school was housed at Chandler Christian Church and it was known as Hamilton Prep, the school was much better. It was smaller and the teaching staff was much better. Now that the school has grown, I feel that the quality has deteriorated. Many of the original staff have moved on and some of the new teachers are not on par with what is required to teach the curriculum. The high turnover of staff has continued this year and with the exception of a handful, the teachers that opened HP a few years ago are all gone. Mr. Bickes is a tremendous administrator and he deserves better. If not for him, the school would have never gotten off the ground. I have never seen a more dedicated principal to his school. He constantly thrives to make ACP the best it can possibly be.

Posted August 06, 2013
ACP Erie is simply amazing. My daughter started when the school was Hamilton Prep. My son now attends this school. The school has moved into a fantastic facility that used to be Erie Elementary. Everything is nice and new. The teachers really strive to challenge the kids. There is a lot of homework but is varied and really forces the kids to think out of the box. Excellent problem solving excercises and creative writing activities keep things from getting boring. The Spanish, Science and Math departments cannot be beat. The front office is helpful and professional. This is a small school where everyone knows everyone else and they all get along. There are team building excercises between the grades that make things fun. Amazing clubs (tons of choices!) for the kids to join and it is relatively easy to get on the sports teams since this is an 'academic' based school. None of the drama or riff-raff from the huge junior high or high schools. Private school education for free. How could we be so lucky to have this amazing school? We are truly blessed. I disagree that Whites make up 70% of the school. We are very diverse, lots of Asian and Indian kids who's parents work at Intel.

Posted July 19, 2013
Excellent school in any measurable way and a better school in unmeasurable ways. Wonderful education , staff is fantastic.

Posted April 22, 2013
I think my school is a great place and the teachers are helpful and care a lot about there students. Most of the students are nice as well. My only concern is the homework, especially for Junior High students. I was told at the beginning of the year that I would get used to having large amounts of homework every week, but I still haven't gotten used to it. I think it's stressful and teenagers shouldn't have to deal with this much stress. I, for example, start my homework around 4:00 and I still don't end up being done until late at night, like somewhere between 10:00 and midnight. The homework is my only problem and the block days, I don't really like those either. But the people are incredibly nice and I love learning new things every day. It's a great environment and I enjoy going to school. - Written by a student

Posted February 22, 2013
Going to ACP was the best choice I ever could have made. I've been here for three years. At my previous school, I had had a horrible experience, particularly because for years I had suffered in the same classroom with really mean girls who cared about only themselves and not the other kids' feelings. At ACP, I found that even the popular kids were genuinely nice and tried to include everybody. Also, uniforms can really took off the pressure of being a teenager. Academically, because Spanish is required and all students are on the honors course even in math, these students are completely ready to compete against other kids. There may be a few teachers who aren't the best, but that's true in any school. The majority really care and can connect to kids, too. While there is homework, teachers and other students are always willing to help. If you know how to manage your time well it isn't a problem, even after factoring in outside sports, instruments, family time, lessons, etc. Finally, if sports is a big issue, it still is very possible to win games because ACP does not compete with the other big high schools (Hamilton, Chandler, Basha, Perry), but with schools of the same size.

Posted February 21, 2013
I like some of the things about Erie, however there are some teachers are mediocre at best, and some new teachers who have been thrown into the fire so to speak. I find most of the homework is route memorization and there is little attention and direction encouraging students to think on their own. I am concerned that this elementary level of thinking will not create the type of learner who will ultimately be a problem solver and think outside the box...they are learning, but not applying anything. My daughter likes the environment, however I am less than impressed with the direction of the education. Why are we not challenging our students to think for themselves...and enjoy learning?

Posted August 19, 2011
I am sad that this will be HP last year. Next year they will be known as ACP. If you want a challenging school with the same experiences you had when you went to HS, then this is it. Most of the negatives about this school is the sports my kid plays at school and also in the sports league she is one of the superstars. A few of her schoolmates play in the league too, so I don t see why sports should be an issue. We all have our priorities my kid has chosen academics over sports. No wonder this country is behind in school compared to the other countries - a lot of kids want to be like sportsters like Kobe, Shaq, Tiger Woods, Gossip Girls or in Jersey Shore Hamilton Prep is no place for slackers or wanabees.

Arizona College Prep Erie Campus
1150 W. Erie St., Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified Arizona College Prep Erie Campus is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona College Prep Erie Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top