Paragon Science Academy Middle and High School

Charter | 7-12 | 289 students

Our school is best known for its focus on STEM and college-preparation.

Living in Chandler

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $149,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Posted October 15, 2014

Paragon is a GREAT school. My daughter and I are so happy there. They have very dedicated teachers. We came back from overseas and she started at Paragon at the middle of the school year and a couple of teachers stayed with her after class to help her catch up with some courses for a few weeks. She felt supported. As soon as you get in the office you feel welcome by Mrs. Matthews, a lovely person who literally know every kid in the school. The true is that everybody is very nice, the principal, teachers and the students; they are very well behaved. The school is very focus in preparing the students for college; they have a high quality education and the discipline the kids need.

Posted April 22, 2014

Finding Paragon was a true blessing to us and our son! After speaking with Tara there when I first called I knew this is where he belonged. We had issues with his last middle school due to the lack of teachers concern and teachers there to even help him. They made him feel he was not good enough and downed his self esteem. At Paragon they understand each child is different and learn in different ways. They have great support there for him with the subjects he may be struggling with. His support teacher Ms. Olson is AMAZING and my son is doing much better and happier hence we are! My son says ALL the teachers he has are nice and he feels "accepted" there. I love the small family feel and you can see how much Paragon and it's awesome staff believe in their students and helping them excel! I can't express enough Gratitude for this school and the happy relief we feel knowing our child is finally where is wanted, accepted and cared about. :)

Posted April 2, 2014

Paragon Science Academy is one of the best schools I have taught at. The rigor is fantastic and the students are learning so much, it is exciting.

Posted February 20, 2014

Paragon Science Academy (PSA) is one of the best charter schools for gifted students Arizona has to offer. As a long term substitute, every teaching job is an opportunity to work with budding community members. However at PSA - I am educating students who are active community members and potentially, tomorrow's CEO's and Civic Leaders. PSA students' strive daily to make a difference in their communities and the make the world a better place to live. They are among the brightest in all of Arizona! Paragon Science Academy has high standards. PSA seizes every opportunity to enrich their students by providing FREE after school tutoring, enrichment classes, and career mentoring. An online technology program allows the school to keep in touch with parents and students. Parents can check grades, download homework, and to keep in touch with teachers. It's just an awesome school to attend. Other neat happenings include: * A robotics program, * Science & Math Olympiads, * Accelerated programming Avail.* 504 and Title 1 students welcomed * Sports and music programs * College Scholarship assistance * Paragon Science Academy is an AWESOME place to work and learn at! Check it out...

Posted February 16, 2014

This school knows how to have an event! They had a expo yesterday and it was amazing. Hats off to Mrs. Tara and Tonya who I'm sure we're the backbone of the event. To Mr. Pierce who gave my friend a great tour and was so much fun. To the kids and their amazing demonstrations. That fire tornado was so cool. And who knew I could start a fire with just steel wool and a battery. My kids loved the whole thing. They are still talking about mister pierce breaking boards with his bare hands. Great job Paragon! Go Panthers!

Posted February 10, 2014

Paragon science Academy is the answer to my prayers! The school really works with the families and its students to make it the best possible educational experience around. There are so many people to thank at PSA starting at the front desk. Ms Matthews is so kind and helpful. She always has a smile for everyone. Mr. Pierce is out front in the morning to keep things smooth and greats everyone. He is also there at the end of the day. Ms Seda is a dedicated teacher and Ms Richardson is so positive and encouraging. Ms Elif is always doing something with my child for Science Olympiad. My only concern is the cleanliness of the school. The bathrooms and floors are always dirty but I remind my self that not part of learning. I hope that PSA continues to grow and that the students prosper. Thank you to all of the staff.

Posted February 10, 2014

My 4th grade daughter loves coming here. We were a little concerned that she might struggle with the high academic standards but the teachers have helped her every step of the way. Mrs. Mathews has help make the school feel like a home. Mrs. Richardson makes the classroom feel inviting and fun. My daughter thinks of her as a second mother. Mrs. Johnson keeps my daughter accountable for her work. Mr. Pearce keeps my daughter safe and the school bully free. Mr. Selim keeps the school running perfectly. We'll never take my daughter out of this school.

Posted February 8, 2014

I am so happy I attend a school where students all get along. I fit in and so do all the other students. We have amazing teachers that teach more than the subject they are assigned to teach. They teach us life lessons and how to use critical thinking to better life and those around us. If you are looking for a school that is 8-3 this is not the place for you. Why? Well there is always something going on!! From movie night to basketball to CMLP. We had our first student vs teachers basket ball game for the heart association yesterday! So much fun!!! Thank you Ms Matthews for making it fun and making us laugh and thank you ms tara for the awesome shirts! Teacher may have win this round but watch out next time! This year has been so much fun and I have learned a lot! I am proud of my school! And I am proud to say I am a PARAGON PANTHER! special shot out to ms Elif and the science Olympiad team! #cant touch this! <3 this school!

Posted February 8, 2014

As a grandparent of children attending Paragon Science Academy I have attended several events including science fairs,basketball games and robotic competitions.I must say that the enthusiasm from these students gives me great satisfaction and extra energy!They are a great group of students who look forward to sharing their knowledge with others..I look forward to upcoming events.Thank you staff and students of PSA!!!

Posted February 7, 2014

This is my son's first year and going great. The size of the school is great as they know your child by name and the parents. Always friendly and professional. Activies always going on, sometimes not a heads up but better than never. Excited that Coach Smith started a basketball team and hope to see more, it is a great addition to the school for a sports program and more opportunities. Love the CoolSis website and app that I can see grades, behavior, and attendance in an instant. Always got good reviews from other parents before signing up my son. Glad we chose Paragon!

Posted February 7, 2014

My son and daughter have been going here for 3 years now. My wife and I would never think about moving them to another school. The teachers truly care about their students. The secretaries make everyone feel welcomed and comfortable. Mr. Pearce is always outside at the end of the day and lets me know how my kids are doing. Mrs Galloway keeps us up to date on our sons progress. And Mr. Smith is an energetic man who both my kids love. This is the only school my kids will ever attend.

Posted February 6, 2014

I LOVE this school. My son goes here and we wouldn't consider putting him anywhere else. Other than an issue with changing two teachers mid-year. I love this place. I want to shout out to the office staff and the principals. They rule! They also have a great art teacher.

Posted February 6, 2014

I love this school! My daughters love going here and I love the way the staff treats us. I want to give credit to a few of the staff members. Mrs. Tonya is so friendly and she always greets the parents and kids when they come in. Mrs Tara is always at the forefront of the schools activities. She is so sweet. Miss Richardson and Mrs Johnson who are so sweet to my daughter but hold her accountable. Mr. Howell and Mr. Hart who keep my other daughter questioning the world and trying to make it better. Mr. Pierce for keeping the school safe and running smoothly. And finally, Mr. Selim for being such a great principal.

Posted February 6, 2014

What a great school! They offer so many programs for my children both during school and after school. They have clubs that are free or of little charge. They have tutoring if my child needs extra assistance or missed a subject. They encourage their students to do their best and accomplish anything they set their minds to doing. For the younger students they have leggo club, odessy of the mind, gate, orchestra, math counts, ASTEM, and even girl scouts. For the older students they have jewelry, performing arts, science Olympiad (best program ever!). I would caution the robot program. They will not let new students into the program and the teacher is rude when asked why or when. He just says ten only. My son is waiting for his turn and hopes next year. Check out this school! The kids are great, office staff is friendly as well as helpful and the teachers are there to teach! Great concept! It is a very diverse population! We value that aspect and hope for our future relations in this world. There is homework and difficult classes and my children never come home and are not able to tell me what they learned today! They love school! Thank you Paragon! Go Panthers!

Posted February 4, 2014

I am a student at paragon science academy and I would not want to go to another school. The school is a place where I feel my voice is heard and I am important. I am involved in many programs at PSA and I have developed many quality relationships with other students as well as the teachers. I have been encouraged to go for my dreams and reach for the stars. If you are wondering if this school is for my child look no farther! There is a lot of homework and the classes are not easy! If you want easy go to another school. Many of us joke that we are self proclaimed geeks and nerds...laugh now but we will be your boss when we grow up! Seriously thank you Mom and Dad for taking me to PSA and thank you PSA for making it a great School! Look out world here we come!

Posted February 4, 2014

Paragon Science Academy is an excelling school with a focus on STEM education. The teachers here go above and beyond to help each child excel to their highest potential. Here at PSA we challenge children and have high expectations so that in the future they will succeed. MAP testing helps the staff place your child in the best class that will enrich learning, challenge them, and foster new and improved skills. We test students three times during the school year to make sure they are progressing. I can personally tell you that students who go to PSA are years ahead of what a regular curriculum path can give them. However, this school may not be for everyone, but it is worth giving it a try. If you seek a great sports program, I advise that you go elsewhere. We are highly focused on Math and Science. So come check the school out anytime and hopefully we can welcome you and your child or children to the Paragon Panther Family.

Posted February 3, 2014

Love this school and love what it does for my children!!! Go PSA best little school in AZ! I want to thank the office ladies for making me feel like my children matter and that when my children are at school someone is there for them! Thank you to Mr. Pierce for keeping everyone in line and making the school safe a bully free! Thank you to coach Smith for adding sports to a great school! Thank you to Ms Tischer for making GATE fun a creative! Thank you to the wonderful students and families that make PSA amazing! IT is the PSA EFFECT! Did I say that I LOVE PSA!

Posted February 3, 2014

As a family we are very happy with the school. The positive environment starts the moment you walk into the school. Ms Matthews is at the front desk and remembers every student and their names as well as their grades. I am more amazed when she calls me by name and asks about my child before I give her a name. Ms Tara is always there when ever there is an issue with lunch or the bus. The teachers are very caring and go beyond to assist the students in learning. The students are from all walks of life and represent the differences in the world. They have added several new staff this year and this has added to the educational process. Coach Smith has also encouraged my student to go out for supports and stay active. Mr. Hart has encouraged my student to think outside of the box and not settle on easy. Ms Tisher expands my childs ability in GATE. I love this school. Thank you PSA!

Posted December 17, 2013

Have had my children at this school for 3 years now. We took the eldest out (in the hopes to try another charter school) but he wore us down and we brought him back within a month. We felt Paragon had the academics, positive environment and good high school programs so why look elsewhere. A school needs to be well rounded. Paragon Science Academy has recently added sports teams - thanks to their wonderful Coach Smith! The school having sports teams as well as teams in Robotics, Science Olympiads, Math Counts, etc shows Arizona this school has it all! Congratulations - and all the best to many more accolades in all the various activities Paragon Science Academy pursues.

Posted November 25, 2013

My daughter has been coming here for 3 years now and she'd die if we tried to take her somewhere else. He teachers are so caring, professional, and respectful. The principals and the deans are firm but fair. They hold the students accountable for their actions. I love the academic pace and how the whole staff supports and pushes my daughter to do her best.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 46% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Female 47%N/A49%
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 25%N/A47%
Male 53%N/A51%

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation n/a
n/a
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School psychologist
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • ADE 'A' rated school (2013)
  • High Progress and High Performance Award (2013)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • School psychologist
  • Access to sports fields
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:20
School end time
  • 3:30
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mr. Selim Tanyeri
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number

• Engineering
  • Mathematics
  • Science
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • Turkish
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
Languages supported by ESL/ELL programs
  • Other
  • Spanish
Vocational or skills-based training offered
  • None

• Career/college counseling
  • Counseling
  • Mentoring
  • Remediation
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
  • Tutoring
  • College/career center
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Poetry
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor