PK-6 & Ungraded
Chandler, AZ

Posted April 17, 2014
The Haley atmosphere is always positive. I have three boys that attend Haley with all different needs. All my boys teachers offer support inside and out of school. It is not unlikely to come across a email or note home about how my children are doing or something silly they did or something encouraging etc. Importantly the school is always clean and the staff outside of the teachers are always so nice to deal with. Thank you Haley staff you help mentor, inspire, and create wisdom in my children.

Posted November 22, 2013
Having been around the school since it has been opened, I have to say - I truly think the school is doing the best that they can. Is everything perfect - no. It takes a community to teach our children. Everyone has a hand in that success. When I read comments of the overly negative - I wonder who they are writing about. Former employees usually don't have extremely positive things to say (why are they former employees?). Messages to parents are a tricky one. Do you really want to hear the message? Teachers have witnessed parents react negatively to the teacher because of the message. "There is no way my child would behave that way. Or what did you do to have my child react that way?" Almost all teachers are there to do the very best for all of the students in their classroom. I am happy that Haley is continuing to strive to do their best. Not afraid to try some new things. Is there more that can be done? Yes. Get involved with the school. At the very least, get involved with helping make the education of your child be the best that it can be.

Posted October 02, 2013
If you're considering work at CUSD as an SLP, run the other way very fast!!!

Posted September 27, 2013
This is our 4th year at Haley Elementary. We love everything about this school. It is wonderful to have a small town feel in a not so small town. Somehow Haley has managed to keep the class sizes small, the parental involvement high, and the overall atmosphere friendly and warm. My children are thriving within this environment. They come home bubbly and excited every day. They look forward to going to school every morning and become remorseful when going on summer break. The teachers really become connected to their classes just as if they were family. I can not say enough positive things about our wonderful experiences at Haley Elementary. I am so thankful to be a part of this school.

Posted September 26, 2013
My son has been going to Haley since it opened. Now, both my kids are at Haley and we are very happy. The teacheres are dedictated to their learning. The programs are exceptional. I have read some prior reviews and agree with the assessment about the principal, but because I've never had issues, I've never really dealt with her. I think that school is what you make of it. I volunteer, so I learn more about my kids. I support the classrooms, so I know they kids are getting what they need. I'm very anti-charter school, so I'm so glad I love Haley!

Posted July 25, 2013
My last review never got posted. Kind of a vanilla/cookie cutter school, BUT we've loved my daughter's teachers and she loves school. She has learned so much in her short time there. Only complaint I have is that my daughter comes home every day telling me how much sugar she has at school. We rarely eat sugar treats and only on certain occassions. District/school/teachers need to use healthier options or switch to a different reward.

Posted November 05, 2012
Speaking of the staff...I like some of the teachers. Others are not so great, are unfriendly, and generally immature.

Posted August 14, 2012
Regarding most recent post. This is true to form of Haley. It's early in the school year and you could transfer. I waited to end of school year and wished I had transferred at the start of the year. The staff and principal tend to ignore most problems. We moved schools and it was the best decision. We are very happy to have moved to the school down the street from Haley. Haley staff likes to yell at the parents and students. As my daughter said... you just learn to ignore it.

Posted August 14, 2012
This is my Son's first year at Haley and I am not impressed. He was stung by a bee and we did not even get a note from the nurse or his teacher. He is not challenged by the learning material, and hates school because of the way his teacher is treating hm.

Haley Elementary School 3

Posted June 27, 2012
Here's the truth about Haley. If you want your classic, basic school...here ya go. Nothing overwhelming positive to say. The whole feel of the school is lukewarm. The school spirit there is just lukewarm. I feel it is because the princiapl there feels lukewarm about her own school and it reflects all around. Like other schools, there are amazing teachers and some teachers that shouldn't be teaching. The thing I feel should stongley be out there to let families know is that the principal CAN be passive aggressive. If she agrees with you great all is well. If not...she will seem positive and you walk away feeling good about whatever your concern was...but then later learn situations were manipulated by the princiapl to work in the opposite direction you wanted. I know 3 families that have left Haley strictly on how the principal poorly handled situations. We are teatering on leaving ourselves based on how this principal has handled situations with us. But we realize there are few "perfect" schools out there. What's a passive agressive principal in the skeem of things? LOL

Haley Elementary School
3401 S. Layton Lakes, Chandler, AZ  85286
Last modified Haley Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top