Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 22, 2016
They offer a variety of extra curricular classes that can be quite expensive - chess is almost 250 a semester. The most expensive of all great hearts schools. Their after school care is ridiculous expensive but you have a lot of options to choose from with days. Student pickup can be quite long, plan on spending 30 min in the parking lot for pickup.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted June 22, 2016
Most of the teachers with the exception of one are outstanding! Thanks to all. The teachers I've had go over and beyond.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 22, 2016
It takes my child about 2 to 3 hours a night. No social life expected.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 24, 2016
The leadership itself is not honest, has no integrity, and does not try to treat parents fairly or have a fair say.

Great Hearts Academies - Archway Chandler 2

Posted May 24, 2016
We can't agree more with the previous review. You get ceaseless messages about donating. The headmaster at this school talks a good talk but at the end of the day, she doesn't care one bit about your child. The parents have no voice. Well, maybe only about how to raise more money. If you have other options, take them. Don't waste your time at this school. And because they claim to have this long wait list, they can afford to treat parents with very little truth, beauty or goodness.

Great Hearts Academies - Archway Chandler 2

Posted December 14, 2015
Beware! Behind the facade of beauty and truth lies the true feelings of the administration. I have found that they don't think about the child, just about protecting themselves and their name. They draw you in with their orientation speech but put all their energy into fundraising. I was promised that the curriculum would not change with the 'program of the day', for now that's Common Core, but alas, every year one more subject becomes CC aligned and Core Knowledge is fading fast into their artwork lined halls. A lot of pretense and stuffiness with no fun for the kids.

Great Hearts Academies - Archway Chandler 5

Posted December 14, 2015
We are Sooooo happy we made the decision to come to Great Hearts! The curriculum is amazing. My child used to attend a district public school. I thought they did a good job. That was until my child starting having amazing conversations with me about topics that I learned in college! You can say negative things about cake and ice cream if you like but so far this school has been amazing it is everything that I had hoped it would be. My child is learning so much more than ever before and I have been very impressed with the integrity of the program. My child is learning more every day. The culture here is respect and integrity. I told my child to study quietly while others recited a poems in order to be prepared for her recitation. My child told me that would be disrespectful to the speaker. That is absolutely correct of course, I was a bit caught off guard with my own remarks and I had to apologize for my un-thoughtfulness. The culture here is amazing. I have read so many reviews of the Great Heart schools. It is so hard to make the decision. We agonized about pulling our child from the previous school. Every day my husband and I joke about how much better this curriculum and school is. I don't think its overrated, I think the school has a low profile, I often wonder why they don't let everyone know how much better they are. We can see this was the best choice we have made in years!!!

Great Hearts Academies - Archway Chandler 1

Posted September 06, 2014
There is a disconnect between truth, beauty, and goodness and the management of the school. While classes have a main teacher and an aide, in my experience, the aide's English writing ability was shockingly poor. Although when the school opened, math was broken up into 3 levels of ability, now it's just one.

Great Hearts Academies - Archway Chandler 5

Posted August 26, 2014
It is a great school, a Great principal makes everything wonderful, the quality of the teacher A+ They're always finding what is best for kids and school always looking for the future of the generation

Great Hearts Academies - Archway Chandler 1

Posted August 02, 2014
It is very shocking trying to apply to this school and they tell you quickly you are not accepted. They have a long waiting list and never call anyone to give you options. I really wanted this school for my children, but too bad not enough space.

1951 North Alma School Rd, Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified Great Hearts Academies - Archway Chandler is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.