Public charter
Chandler, AZ

Posted November 24, 2014
Vector is an AWESOME school. My grandchildren are doing so wonderful there. The staff and teachers really care about the students and their educational success.

Posted November 20, 2014
Worst school ever def didn't want to believe everyone when they said all about the money but it is and on top of that they have no control over children and the principal actually LIES going back and forth talking to my sons daycare and not to me then lie and say it wasn't said on top of that they have you going in circles and everybody seems to be something they are not the teacher said kids walk around cussing and yelling but then my son gets in trouble and he is only 5 years old what about all these cussing kids in the school and I absolutely hate how the school is ran wish I would have known everyone told me AFTERWARDS my kid not perfect but They def need more qualified people Over the school a complete waste

Posted May 07, 2014
As a former employee there, I can honestly say the exterior certainly doesn't much the interior. It is a family run company, where all administrators and those in higher positions are in some way shape or form related. In the few months I was there I saw many teachers quit with good reasons. Those who remained, were ultimately fired or harassed into quitting. Students showed no respect for teachers and when a teacher did file a complaint, the student was rewarded instead. During training we were told kids are dollar signs. You hear that? Your kids, primarily the Native American kids, are seen as dollar signs. Not as students. It sickens me to know that many parents are still sending their kids to this school. There are many other charter schools that will actually care for your children and teach them. As far as the positive reviews good, it is very obvious that it is written by those who run the school, since they have children and/or grandchildren there.

Vector Prep And Arts Academy 4

Posted April 03, 2014
The focus in this school is on individual learning. They treat every student as an individual and make every effort to ensure a successful education. The administration is very approachable and they are always interested in hearing parent's opinions and often take action based on parental feedback.

Posted March 30, 2014
Let me start by saying if they didn't make me choose a star there would be NONE!!!!!!!They are failing, they are rude, have no knowledge on how to treat children parents or run a school. They are definitely all about the money. My children's friends are dropping Luke flies from school, they are going backwards academically. This school is a mess and a joke. Literally the extra programs are their selling point and that's about what you get. Other than the extra programs the staff and administration are a joke!

Posted January 13, 2014
My daughter attends this school currently and we have had problems since the begining. She spent the first 2 months "reviewing" as her teacher put it and i have yet to see any real learning going on in this second semester. During parent teacher conference her teacher was emotionless about my concerns. I will be taking her out this coming school year. The only thing positive about vector prep is the nice looking campus, and that my child is happy with all the friends. They claim to not let your child off the bus (kinder/1st) unless the parent is there and never have i once seen them check to make sure there is someone there for the children, they dump these little children off on a busy street and rush off to the next stop because they are on a schedule. They leave the kids outside when its freezing in the morning because they dont have the staff to open the gym and let them play inside. Very very disappointed with this school.

Posted January 10, 2014
Vector offers the students an academic program that is structured around their individual needs. This year my child is in the computer lab on success maker which has helped in my child's reading development. I can access success maker at home so my child's academics can continue when he is with me and can continue to work on his reading. My child's reading level is continuing to advance every day and to see the smile on my son's face to know that he is getting the concept of reading is priceless. The staff and teachers work everyday to improve on the fundamentals for our children. Vector is more of a home away from home for my son, when you walk into the school you are greeted with a warm and friendly environment. Hat's off to the Administration for actually putting the children before the almighty dollar. My son is treated with the upmost respect so in return he is learning that respect is a two way street not just demanded by the faculty because they are his senior. What can I say about the Charter Holder, she is a grandmother to all of the children who attend her schools. Thank you for showing my son Love as well as teaching him what he needs in life to be successful

Posted December 27, 2013
This school along with the sister schools, are owned by a family. That being said, family comes first. The family has teachers, leaders, and students in all the schools. Many of the leaders and people in higher authorities are part of the family although most have little to no background in education. Teacher turnover is due to the fact that the company treats teachers like crap and if one member of their little clique, does not like you, you will be gone. There were many strong teachers there that put their heart and soul into those kids and many got fired, were forced to quit, or left because of the political behind the scenes things that the parents and students don't see. I am appalled by the fact this school has all these good reviews but, it's easy to see that they were written by those who work there(and have kids there).

Posted December 18, 2013
This school is one of the few schools in Chandler that want kids to be successful through leadership, stage performances and academics with Success Maker and other inventive academic programs. Teachers keep trying and you are worth it to me...as a grandparent I only wish I could send all my grandkids to this school. Remember we all make decisions for our kids, but this is one good decision that we all in our family are happy about!

Posted December 17, 2013
My granddaughter goes to Vector and loves it. She started when she was in Kindergarten and is now in first grade. I believe that the administration is behind the children and their curriculum. My grandchild feels safe at the school and everyone of the staff love the kids starting with the chair holder down to the maintenance personal. The school is teaching my granddaughter to get ready for college although she is only in first grade. The dance performance that she performed last Friday was fantastic. I truly believe that she is treated as an individual and not a number. My children went to public schools where they were treated as a number and not a child. I would recommended this school and their sister schools to all of my family and friends. They offer success maker which is a plus, she can access it at home as well as school...

Vector Prep And Arts Academy
2020 N. Arizona Ave., Chandler, AZ  85225
(480) 779-2000
Last modified Vector Prep And Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vector Prep And Arts Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top