School principal icon 130x130 072214

School Official Point of View

Dobson is a fantastic small school. We have about 550 students with an average class size of 25. We offer art, music, PE, technology and library as special area classes. All of classroom teachers are certified and Highly Qualified.
March 26, 2013

A Ball Charter School - Dobson Academy 1

Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter attended from 2010-2012, and had no major problems at Dobson Academy. She says she would give them a 4 star rating. My son has ADHD, and attended from 2010-2014. They did not implement his 504 plan when we moved here. I was asking for help from teachers starting in the first quarter. I would e-mail (which THEY said was the best way to communicate with them) and maybe 1 out of 4 teachers would get back to me. He will avoid homework at all costs! I only asked for teachers to monitor that assignments were written in his planner each night. That way I knew what was going on in classes. They might check for a day or 2 after I requested it, but within a week it was all me. I was trying everything I could do alone to check assignments each day. After repeatedly asking for help, I started including the principal in my e-mails. I never did get ANY response from her. At the end of the year, they suddenly "found" the 504 plan we had brought in when we moved. He reacts VERY favorably to praise. Which was in short supply; they just sent him to detention for every infraction of their homework policy. He felt stupid, and singled out. DO NOT sent your child here

Posted October 27, 2013
We were very selective when choosing a school for our daughter. Picking Dobson Academy was definitely the right choice. We are very happy with the school. They have high academic standards - rated #2 in the state for Charter Schools. The Princiapl and administrative staff are extremely professional. They have firm but fair discipline, making students follow the 3 B's to ensure the safety of all students. I HIGHLY recommend this school!!

Posted October 25, 2013
This is the third year my son has been attending Dobson Academy, he loves the school and so do we, all the teachers, front desk staff and also the principal are so nice and helpful. We love it here.

Posted October 25, 2013
This is my son's first year at Dobson Academy since he is a kindergartener. He absolutley loves it here. He is so proud to be a Dobson Dolphin. He enjoys the homework that he gets and loves showing us the new things he has learned in reading and math. The staff takes great care into the safety of the students at all times including the morning drop off and afternoon pickup of students each day. The front office staff are always so welcoming with smiles everytime you walk in. The parent leadership team is always having fun events for students also including a recent evening picnic and circus performance. I wouldn't even consider sending my son any where else.

Posted August 22, 2013
My school is a terrific place for students! There is before and after care available on campus. Dismissal everyday is safe and secured by teachers walking students out to their cars. They just installed new misters to keep everyone cool and even the principal is out there at the end of the day to help load students in cars! We love Dobson Academy!

Posted March 26, 2013
My child has been attending Dobson academy for over 3 years now and we love it! The teachers and staff are excellent and always willing to answer any questions I have. I love that they offer a variety of after school activities as well as before and afterschool care and healthy choices for lunch.

A Ball Charter School - Dobson Academy 1

Posted March 22, 2013
I do not recommend this school. Classes overcrowded and no resources for children with special needs.

Posted March 22, 2013
My child is in Junior High at Dobson Academy. I love the smaller environment compared to other Junior Highs. The staff is caring, supportive and active in helping students to succeed. My child is really looking forward to the Junior High field trip to Catalina.

Posted March 22, 2013
I love this school! I have worked at other schools, and this schools administration supports the staff and students. There are resources available that are not available to those in school districts. There is a close knit feel at this school! The curriculum is well rounded and supports all types of learner!

Posted March 21, 2013
This school is a wonderful example of a generalist school. It does everything well, but doesn't specialize in one area at the expense of the others, as do some other charter schools. The staff is committed and skilled, and the administration is caring and active. The whole atmosphere is upbeat and fun. My kids love this school!

A Ball Charter School - Dobson Academy
2207 North Dobson Road, Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified A Ball Charter School - Dobson Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A Ball Charter School - Dobson Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews.