School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

In my brief time here at Dobson Academy I have become so excited to begin the year! Dobson is an amazing collection of educators, support staff, and parents who come together to create a first-class environment for children. Come check us out!
July 28, 2015

Posted August 23, 2015
We have been at Dobson Academy for 4 years now. The staff and students are wonderful! I volunteered for the first 3 years and loved it so much that I applied for a position at the school and now am an employee. I love going to work every day! The staff and students make me feel like family and my daughters love their teachers! We have a new principal this year and he is so amazing!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 19, 2015
This is something that I see everyday within our classroom and other classes around campus. We are able to develop this by having such caring teachers and staff as role models.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
We follow strict behavior policies and teach our students to be honest and fair to others just as we are to them.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 19, 2015
As a teacher I feel we are extremely effective. I have watched my students grow year after year. Also, as a school we are constantly learning how to make our own classrooms better so we can provided an even better education for our students. We learn just as much from them as they learn from us.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 19, 2015
At Dobson Academy we set the standards high and expect the best out of our students. They truly understand that and always strive for the best they can.

Posted August 19, 2015
This school is the definition of a community. Dobson Academy takes everyone in as they are family. I have found nothing but joyful faces here. Not only by other teachers and staff, but by the students and families as well. The education that is provided is exceptional too. I can tell first had due to seeing other students who are from other schools around the valley. Our teachers really care that our students are receiving the best education they can possible can. I couldn't choose a better school to be a part of.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted July 28, 2015

Posted December 18, 2014
I love Dobson Academy and cannot imagine working any place else. It offers a healthy balance of structure, high expectations, research based curriculum and FUN. Teachers and principal are supportive of each other, students and their families. A major factor contributing to Dobson's success are the parents. I am overwhelmed by the support they provide in and out of the classroom. Just an amazing group of people. I am also a parent and love seeing the positive impact Dobson has had on my son.

Posted December 13, 2014
I am an educator at Dobson Academy. No school is perfect, but I can say with total honesty that the administrators and teachers work with parents to enable each student to have a positive learning experience. I am thankful to teach at a school that cares for students.

A Ball Charter School - Dobson Academy 1

Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter attended from 2010-2012, and had no major problems at Dobson Academy. She says she would give them a 4 star rating. My son has ADHD, and attended from 2010-2014. They did not implement his 504 plan when we moved here. I was asking for help from teachers starting in the first quarter. I would e-mail (which THEY said was the best way to communicate with them) and maybe 1 out of 4 teachers would get back to me. He will avoid homework at all costs! I only asked for teachers to monitor that assignments were written in his planner each night. That way I knew what was going on in classes. They might check for a day or 2 after I requested it, but within a week it was all me. I was trying everything I could do alone to check assignments each day. After repeatedly asking for help, I started including the principal in my e-mails. I never did get ANY response from her. At the end of the year, they suddenly "found" the 504 plan we had brought in when we moved. He reacts VERY favorably to praise. Which was in short supply; they just sent him to detention for every infraction of their homework policy. He felt stupid, and singled out. DO NOT sent your child here

2207 North Dobson Road, Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified A Ball Charter School - Dobson Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A Ball Charter School - Dobson Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top