PK-6 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 15, 2016
I would like to thank Mrs. Garrett for being a wonderful teacher for my daughter and helping her transition into a new grade and new school so well last year.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 15, 2016
All of the teachers we have come into contact with have been extremely effective. It also falls on the parents to be involved in their child's education.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 15, 2016
The weekly homework packets break down the weeks work so that no day should feel overwhelming. Having the packets handed out on Fridays also provides parents a good deal of flexibility.

Dr Howard K Conley Elementary School 5

Posted August 15, 2016
Dr. Walters is very responsive to any parent concerns and the teachers are very good at communicating with the parents. The biggest problem I have found is parental involvement. If the parent's aren't involve, it is harder for the student to succeed.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 03, 2016
Children are not safe from other children. My son told me kids would pick on him all the time. When he told the teacher her response was you will be ok. Other parents that are friends of mine would tell me the teacher would complain to them about my child. I could not trust someone like that. Staff only defined children that they choose at this school. Not everyone is treated equally.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted July 21, 2015
Not enough. I think they need to keep reminding students to respect each other more.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted July 21, 2015
I think the school just worries in getting an A grade, so they forget to be more compassionate.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 21, 2015
I don't always get the information I'm looking for in the PTA. I get different answers for my suggestions.

Dr Howard K Conley Elementary School 1

Posted July 21, 2015
I really wish they could supervise the little ones here more, the cafeteria and playground area can get pretty hectic. Everyday I feel concerned about the security during recess and feel concerned that my child will get hurt here with so little supervision. This school is bigger than most small community schools, so they should hire more people to help out with the kids before, during and after school, because the traffic can also get very overwhelming. I also wish that certain teachers would stop bribing them with so many sweets just so they can do well in their school work. I spoke to the school district about it, but all the lady said was that I needed to speak to the teacher, she didn't seem to worry much.

Dr Howard K Conley Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2014
You would imagine this would be a good school. I agree with the last few reviews, it's not. My child kept getting bullied here and they weren't very supportive with us. They just kept saying that it was being taken care of. After several complaints to certain staff members, it just got so hostile that we decided to move. I didn't trust talking to the principal anymore, because he seemed to be bothered by us (the parents). The school and even the district office people just kept covering for each other it seemed. Of course they want their Grade A district to keep looking impeccable.

500 S Arrowhead Dr, Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified Dr Howard K Conley Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.