PK-6 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 03, 2016
Children are not safe from other children. My son told me kids would pick on him all the time. When he told the teacher her response was you will be ok. Other parents that are friends of mine would tell me the teacher would complain to them about my child. I could not trust someone like that. Staff only defined children that they choose at this school. Not everyone is treated equally.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted July 21, 2015
Not enough. I think they need to keep reminding students to respect each other more.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted July 21, 2015
I think the school just worries in getting an A grade, so they forget to be more compassionate.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 21, 2015
I don't always get the information I'm looking for in the PTA. I get different answers for my suggestions.

Posted July 21, 2015
I really wish they could supervise the little ones here more, the cafeteria and playground area can get pretty hectic. Everyday I feel concerned about the security during recess and feel concerned that my child will get hurt here with so little supervision. This school is bigger than most small community schools, so they should hire more people to help out with the kids before, during and after school, because the traffic can also get very overwhelming. I also wish that certain teachers would stop bribing them with so many sweets just so they can do well in their school work. I spoke to the school district about it, but all the lady said was that I needed to speak to the teacher, she didn't seem to worry much.

Posted December 29, 2014
You would imagine this would be a good school. I agree with the last few reviews, it's not. My child kept getting bullied here and they weren't very supportive with us. They just kept saying that it was being taken care of. After several complaints to certain staff members, it just got so hostile that we decided to move. I didn't trust talking to the principal anymore, because he seemed to be bothered by us (the parents). The school and even the district office people just kept covering for each other it seemed. Of course they want their Grade A district to keep looking impeccable.

Posted December 28, 2014
I am highly dissatisfied and disappointed in this school. My child attended this school a few years ago and I had just gotten around to write this review. The only reason we decided to attend this school was because of the CATS program there that other schools didn't offer. The students there were not necessarily nice to each other; My child had reported to me on several accounts where other children made rude remarks to them even though they did nothing to provoke those children. The staff made my child sit through a program used to promote a fundraiser that was sponsored by the school even though we refused to participate in it, while other children who did participate in the fundraiser got to go do something else during the duration of the program. There was no choice given to my child of whether or not they wanted to attend the program. My child had a teacher for two nonconsecutive years and the teacher gave the students the same math problems to do from the lower grade level for both of those years. I do not recommend this school.

Posted October 05, 2014
I am always friendly with everyone here. So when I tried to smile at new grouchy principal, he just turned away. They are trying too hard to just make the grade, that they don't care about the important things. The parents seem unhappy and unsure about dropping off their kids here every morning it seems. You hear honking horns and rushing vehicles. It is not the best setting. It is not the best school you all!

Dr Howard K Conley Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2014
I think this school is not like it was a few years ago. I've heard teachers complaining about students. I've seen parents dissatisfied with the school. There is even the ongoing changes with the principals. I wonder if the whole district has the same problem. I don't like this this school anymore.

Dr Howard K Conley Elementary School 5

Posted May 07, 2014
Conley has been such a great school for my daughter in her 6th and 7th grade. The principal, Mr. Walter, has been so amazing and so caring about his students! I am thankful we sent our daughter there and she is thankful also. She blossomed there under excellent instruction, caring teachers, and a staff that shows they love being there. I HIGHLY recommend this school to any parents that wants a first class education for their middle schooler. Thank you Conley teachers, staff, and principle for being first class and caring so much for their students.

500 S Arrowhead Dr, Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified Dr Howard K Conley Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.