Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We have been at Conley for four years and love it! The teachers and principal are all approachable and have always answered my concerns.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of the teachers we have come into contact with have been extremely effective. It also falls on the parents to be involved in their child's education.

Amount of homework: Agree

The weekly homework packets break down the weeks work so that no day should feel overwhelming. Having the packets handed out on Fridays also provides parents a good deal of flexibility.

Dr. Walters is very responsive to any parent concerns and the teachers are very good at communicating with the parents. The biggest problem I have found is parental involvement. If the parent's aren't involve, it is harder for the student to succeed.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Children are not safe from other children. My son told me kids would pick on him all the time. When he told the teacher her response was you will be ok. Other parents that are friends of mine would tell me the teacher would complain to them about my child. I could not trust someone like that. Staff only defined children that they choose at this school. Not everyone is treated equally.

Develops character: Neutral

I don't always get the information I'm looking for in the PTA. I get different answers for my suggestions.

I really wish they could supervise the little ones here more, the cafeteria and playground area can get pretty hectic. Everyday I feel concerned about the security during recess and feel concerned that my child will get hurt here with so little supervision. This school is bigger than most small community schools, so they should hire more people to help out with the kids before, during and after school, because the traffic can also get very overwhelming. I also wish that certain teachers would stop bribing them with so many sweets just so they can do well in their school work. I spoke to the school district about it, but all the lady said was that I needed to speak to the teacher, she didn't seem to worry much.

You would imagine this would be a good school. I agree with the last few reviews, it's not. My child kept getting bullied here and they weren't very supportive with us. They just kept saying that it was being taken care of. After several complaints to certain staff members, it just got so hostile that we decided to move. I didn't trust talking to the principal anymore, because he seemed to be bothered by us (the parents). The school and even the district office people just kept covering for each other it seemed. Of course they want their Grade A district to keep looking impeccable.

I am highly dissatisfied and disappointed in this school. My child attended this school a few years ago and I had just gotten around to write this review. The only reason we decided to attend this school was because of the CATS program there that other schools didn't offer. The students there were not necessarily nice to each other; My child had reported to me on several accounts where other children made rude remarks to them even though they did nothing to provoke those children. The staff made my child sit through a program used to promote a fundraiser that was sponsored by the school even though we refused to participate in it, while other children who did participate in the fundraiser got to go do something else during the duration of the program. There was no choice given to my child of whether or not they wanted to attend the program. My child had a teacher for two nonconsecutive years and the teacher gave the students the same math problems to do from the lower grade level for both of those years. I do not recommend this school.

I am always friendly with everyone here. So when I tried to smile at new grouchy principal, he just turned away. They are trying too hard to just make the grade, that they don't care about the important things. The parents seem unhappy and unsure about dropping off their kids here every morning it seems. You hear honking horns and rushing vehicles. It is not the best setting. It is not the best school you all!

Last modified Dr Howard K Conley Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.