Chandler, AZ

Posted February 06, 2015
In 2009 Mark J Andrews took over as the Principal of Frost elementary. Our second son had already attending while it was frost in 2008. Whne mark came along, he made great efforts to clean the school up ie: teachers that were not up to standards were replaced, students with a bad track record got reevaluated to see if they were falling behind because of bad behavior or just needed to be on an IEP program. Marks goal was to bring test scores up to the level to gain approval by the International Baccalaureate Association. Once this happened MPS changed Frost Elementary and Hendrix Jr. to Summit Academy. Mark has had a positive impact on the school( saving it from being closed down) Better staff, better teachers, my children's self esteem has gone up tremendously along with their grades. Because Summit is now an IB school, Band is mandatory from 4th to 6th grades and an elective in middle school grades.. Having an awesome, fun but no nonsense teacher like Mr Brian Wilson has made the band/ orchestra/ concert band excel to high levels, and a lot of parents support this program and attend the concerts. Mr Wilson really works so well with the students to get them playing in no time.

Posted April 23, 2014
This is my second child going through Summit and we love the school. My second started Kindergarten this year and is learning so much. She can read and add and amazes us on a regular basis. She gets homework and her teacher is awesome. She is also learning Spanish and loves it. This is an awesome school!!!

Posted April 17, 2014
I Love Summit Academy. My daughter has attended Summit for three years now and we have been very happy.

Posted October 25, 2013
This is my grandchildren's first year at Summit Academy for elementary and middle school and the kids love it!!! So far we have attended the Band events and we are loving Mr. Wilson!! Great School

Summit Academy K-6 1

Posted January 20, 2013
My child was at this school for only a few weeks for kindergarten. I was shocked that they were doing everything she did in pre-k and never had any homework. Her teacher also made it clear she didn't want any parents in the classroom to help as she had some students that were rather 'violent' in the room. That is a clue to not have your child here. There was no communication and it was obvious this school was just 'getting by'. My child is excelling in another school just around the corner!

Posted May 08, 2012
So far this school has been wonderful. My son is in the first grade and has a great teacher. The school has a great afterschool program also. I live in this neighborhood and can walk my child to school.

Posted October 12, 2011
Every year we have had the best teachers. My daughter had gone to a charter school 1-2 grades and was falling behind. The teachers have been exceptional at this school and now in grade 6 she is excelling. This is a great school and would highly recommend. The only thing disappointing which i know is due to budget cuts are the extra curricular actives ie fall festival that hasn't happened in two years now . reaching out to parents to help fund that would be an option but activities like that really bring parents/teachers/students together!

Summit Academy K-6 3

Posted May 16, 2010
Most of the teachers are great, the parent involvement is discouraging, and the behavior problems at the school aren't addressed to my satisfaction

Summit Academy K-6 0

Posted April 16, 2010
Robert Frost was approved as an International Baccalaureate School in November 2009.

Posted April 06, 2009
My children went to Frost last year and they loved it!!! They now attend a Queen Creek school and whenever theyre having a bad day there they say 'Mom, cant we just go back to Frost?' I have to say, I would love them to be able to go back! They were so much happier. I have to give special thanks to Mr. Jones! He never gave up on my son even through his tuffest struggles! Mr. Jones pushed him forward and kept him going! Thank you Mr. Jones!!! Any issues I had with anything involved with the school were takin care of right away.

Summit Academy K-6
1560 W Summit Pl., Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified Summit Academy K-6 is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summit Academy K-6 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top