Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I have met some very effective teachers who seem to genuinly care about the student. But unfortunetly they cant save a very ineffective school.

Amount of homework: Agree

This is about the only thing this school does do correctly. Other than that they need to be more concerned what is best for the students future.

Develops character: Disagree

The teachers only do whats best for them. And I have called the principal numerous times to resolve situations with no call backs. The teachers wont care as long as the one in charge is only there for himself.

If you are not used to an A+ school for your children or how they run their school, than I can see how some parents might think this school is ok. Its far from being a good school. Try showing up un announced to check in on your children. They will not let you. Its almost like they have something to hide. How are the teachers treating the students behind closed doors. We can only rely on what our children tell us and hope they are not scared to open up to us. I know for a fact some have yelled at and put down student in front of their peers and still do. Do some research of your own, and find out for yourself. You just might be surprised.

My daughter has been attending Summit for four years now! She absolutely loves it! My daughter feels safe, and respected. I do not volunteer much BUT when I do the teachers are kind and always have something for you to do! My daughter occasionally goes in to see the nurse! She is really nice too and she is always there when I have a concern. They do not have a school garden. I know I don't volunteer as much and a garden needs exactly that, but it would still be nice! Anyways I love how Summit treats my daughter and how they offer her a positive learning experience! Thank you Summit Academy (K-6)

In 2009 Mark J Andrews took over as the Principal of Frost elementary. Our second son had already attending while it was frost in 2008. Whne mark came along, he made great efforts to clean the school up ie: teachers that were not up to standards were replaced, students with a bad track record got reevaluated to see if they were falling behind because of bad behavior or just needed to be on an IEP program. Marks goal was to bring test scores up to the level to gain approval by the International Baccalaureate Association. Once this happened MPS changed Frost Elementary and Hendrix Jr. to Summit Academy. Mark has had a positive impact on the school( saving it from being closed down) Better staff, better teachers, my children's self esteem has gone up tremendously along with their grades. Because Summit is now an IB school, Band is mandatory from 4th to 6th grades and an elective in middle school grades.. Having an awesome, fun but no nonsense teacher like Mr Brian Wilson has made the band/ orchestra/ concert band excel to high levels, and a lot of parents support this program and attend the concerts. Mr Wilson really works so well with the students to get them playing in no time.

This is my second child going through Summit and we love the school. My second started Kindergarten this year and is learning so much. She can read and add and amazes us on a regular basis. She gets homework and her teacher is awesome. She is also learning Spanish and loves it. This is an awesome school!!!

I Love Summit Academy. My daughter has attended Summit for three years now and we have been very happy.

This is my grandchildren's first year at Summit Academy for elementary and middle school and the kids love it!!! So far we have attended the Band events and we are loving Mr. Wilson!! Great School

My child was at this school for only a few weeks for kindergarten. I was shocked that they were doing everything she did in pre-k and never had any homework. Her teacher also made it clear she didn't want any parents in the classroom to help as she had some students that were rather 'violent' in the room. That is a clue to not have your child here. There was no communication and it was obvious this school was just 'getting by'. My child is excelling in another school just around the corner!

Last modified Summit Academy K-6 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.