Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)

The teachers at Hamilton High School are beyond unwelcoming and have absolutely no consideracy. My daughter has a parking permit and she claims that there is a lot of traffic when she comes home from school. Because I am a concerned father, I drove to her school's parking lot to search for a better way out, with less traffic, for my daughter. A softball coach took a picture of my license plate and addressed that if he sees me roaming around the parking lot at any time, he will report me to security. Even after I explained myself, he was still rude and showed no signs of consideracy. I felt very disrespected and unwelcomed.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Most of my teachers are passionate about learning. Unfortunately, a lot of teachers would rather act like they're bff's with their students and gossip than teach.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

So many kids are snobby and lazy. They honestly believe that high school is nothing, yet cry in the bathroom when they're put "under pressure" (which isn't even pressure at all, it's called "the teacher is mad at you because you never do your work and now you're behind")

I am a sophomore and I went to Hamilton last year and I am currently going now. I am switching to Chandler High next year because I am just tired of this school. The academics are okay nothing special. If you are into football then this is the perfect school for you because that is basically the only thing they care about. Security is ridiculous except for Charles he is super chill!! Food was fire until they took away our chick fil a and these awesome cookies and now they just sell gross food!! Everyone is super cliquey and I would definitely say it is hard to make friends. Some people are nice but the majority are all snobby. This school is literally known as a snobby white rich kid football school. The guys are super hot but they are are jerks and everyone is sooo disrespectful and the girls are very caddy and rude. I can't wait until next year so I can go to Chandler!! They have off campus lunch with lots close by and offer the IB program and medical progressions for people looking to go into the medical field like me!! Hamilton is okay but the people are terrible!!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They have struck rules and work there students to death and have no respect for students

I'm a new student at Hamilton and I hate it here! Ive been yelled at by the same security guard every single day! Racism issue? The teachers expect you to finish 6 pages of HW in each class and a huge book project as well!! Absences are limited to only 5 a WHOLE year!! The crowd in the main hallway is like being at a concert!! Only 5 mins to get to class and if your tardy you get Afterschool Dentention!! I moved to Hamilton to have a better highschool experience and now I have to move again! I hate it here and they don't deserve #1 school in Arizona!!! They treat there students like puppets!! And we only get 30 mins for lunch no way that's enough!! Do not come to this school!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are awful. if you aren't athletic, you are treated the as the teachers last priority. the admin, security, teachers, students, and counselors are rude. the teachers and counselors do not push you to become a better student or achieve greatness. i attended this school my freshmen year of high school, I did poorly academically due to lack of understanding. my counselor did not help me or encourage me to do better. she constantly talked down to me. learning is difficult. you socialize more in class than you do outside of the classroom. the teachers do not stay on topic. when they do "teach", they dont go in depth of the subject and expect you to already know how to do certain things. refuse to answer questions. however, this school would be great for you if you were clicky and superficial.

Amount of homework: Disagree

the amount of homework is insane. every core class taken comes w at least a worksheet or two every night for homework. it's overwhelming and stressful

the hallways are too crowed, very difficult to get around. the students and staff are very disrespectful. the dress code is absolutely ridiculous. you're allowed to wear the shortest of shorts but when your shoulder is showing, it's dress code. arizona is extremely hot, but that is not excuse to dress like a hooker and get away with it

This school is just straight up awful. It is overpopulated. They security and nurses are rude and disrespectful no matter how nice you are to them. You can't walk through the hall ways without getting body slammed into a wall or into somebody else. You get cussed at in the hallways for no apparent reason at all. So many kids at this school are rascist and people have came up to me before, people I've never even seen, and asked me if they wanted to fight me. For no reason. People hate on you for no reason. There are only some teachers that are nice. The school does NOTHING about bullying. Absolutely NOTHING. This school is the definition of a stereo type. The gym teachers swear at me and do nothing about bullying. This school is just down right terrible. I am a student and I've expirenced these things everyday. So if you don't believe me you don't know what your talking about.

Last modified Hamilton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.