Chandler, AZ
Students enrolled: 3,502

Hamilton High School 3

Posted August 23, 2015
I am a sophomore and I went to Hamilton last year and I am currently going now. I am switching to Chandler High next year because I am just tired of this school. The academics are okay nothing special. If you are into football then this is the perfect school for you because that is basically the only thing they care about. Security is ridiculous except for Charles he is super chill!! Food was fire until they took away our chick fil a and these awesome cookies and now they just sell gross food!! Everyone is super cliquey and I would definitely say it is hard to make friends. Some people are nice but the majority are all snobby. This school is literally known as a snobby white rich kid football school. The guys are super hot but they are are jerks and everyone is sooo disrespectful and the girls are very caddy and rude. I can't wait until next year so I can go to Chandler!! They have off campus lunch with lots close by and offer the IB program and medical progressions for people looking to go into the medical field like me!! Hamilton is okay but the people are terrible!!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 30, 2015
They have struck rules and work there students to death and have no respect for students

Hamilton High School 2

Posted July 30, 2015
I'm a new student at Hamilton and I hate it here! Ive been yelled at by the same security guard every single day! Racism issue? The teachers expect you to finish 6 pages of HW in each class and a huge book project as well!! Absences are limited to only 5 a WHOLE year!! The crowd in the main hallway is like being at a concert!! Only 5 mins to get to class and if your tardy you get Afterschool Dentention!! I moved to Hamilton to have a better highschool experience and now I have to move again! I hate it here and they don't deserve #1 school in Arizona!!! They treat there students like puppets!! And we only get 30 mins for lunch no way that's enough!! Do not come to this school!!!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 30, 2015
If the teachers don't care about the students here at Hamilton, then how does it teach them

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 25, 2015
The teachers are awful. if you aren't athletic, you are treated the as the teachers last priority. the admin, security, teachers, students, and counselors are rude. the teachers and counselors do not push you to become a better student or achieve greatness. i attended this school my freshmen year of high school, I did poorly academically due to lack of understanding. my counselor did not help me or encourage me to do better. she constantly talked down to me. learning is difficult. you socialize more in class than you do outside of the classroom. the teachers do not stay on topic. when they do "teach", they dont go in depth of the subject and expect you to already know how to do certain things. refuse to answer questions. however, this school would be great for you if you were clicky and superficial.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 25, 2015
the amount of homework is insane. every core class taken comes w at least a worksheet or two every night for homework. it's overwhelming and stressful

Posted July 25, 2015
the hallways are too crowed, very difficult to get around. the students and staff are very disrespectful. the dress code is absolutely ridiculous. you're allowed to wear the shortest of shorts but when your shoulder is showing, it's dress code. arizona is extremely hot, but that is not excuse to dress like a hooker and get away with it

Posted May 13, 2015
This school is just straight up awful. It is overpopulated. They security and nurses are rude and disrespectful no matter how nice you are to them. You can't walk through the hall ways without getting body slammed into a wall or into somebody else. You get cussed at in the hallways for no apparent reason at all. So many kids at this school are rascist and people have came up to me before, people I've never even seen, and asked me if they wanted to fight me. For no reason. People hate on you for no reason. There are only some teachers that are nice. The school does NOTHING about bullying. Absolutely NOTHING. This school is the definition of a stereo type. The gym teachers swear at me and do nothing about bullying. This school is just down right terrible. I am a student and I've expirenced these things everyday. So if you don't believe me you don't know what your talking about.

Posted October 20, 2014
I highly dislike this school. Not only is it way over crowded, but most of the teachers are just plain rude and deprive you of any of your will to learn. On my FIRST DAY at that school i was already told by my biology teacher that he thought i was "stupid" and told me "your never going to graduate." This is coming from a straight A's honors student.For the rest of the quarter in his class he would just sit there and tell us about his day or how dumb we all were. The only good teacher i had was Ms. Butler in geometry because she actually made an effort to help students and have them thrive in her class.Homework wise,we had an average load of homework, but was sometimes hard to complete if you have a rigorous after school schedule like i do. As for friends, i had very few. I am a very sociable person but its hard to be sociable when the people you try talking to just stab you in the back once your not around. My time at Hamilton was really a waste of time for I did not learn anything and was treated with absolutely no respect. I hope you think twice before sending your child to hamilton, I do not want this to happen to any other student because no one deserves this kind of treatment.

Hamilton High School 5

Posted August 08, 2014
In 2013-2014 school year Hamilton remains the #1 rated comprehensive high school in Arizona and earned an A grade for the fourth straight year. Congrats to CUSD and Hamilton High!

3700 S Arizona Ave., Chandler, AZ  85248
Last modified Hamilton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 90 reviews. Top