Bad
Good

The staff is awesome the school is clean the teachers reach out we come from San Diego where the school system is very slack but here i feel my children are getting the attention and the education needed to be successful in their future grateful i found this school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My children tell me about their no bullying policy and that they feel safe and comfortable again were from San Diego and we have a big gang problem over there

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They reach out to parents about our childrens progress education and participation

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Home work can be done on line and they let you know if ur children are getting their work in on time and if they are doing their best

This is a school that cares. Teachers, administrators and staff are all committed to excellence and you feel it from the moment you walk through their doors. The level of education is superb. Students are learning how to learn and think critically, not just pass an exam. The curriculum gives our children an advantage as they prepare to enter our ever-changing world. Is life at this school perfect. Of course not, because our world isn't perfect and middle school is middle school and our kids will be kids. Still, the faculty address problems as they arise, and are truly committed to fostering an environment that discourages behaviors that interfere with the education process. Great job!

If you don't want your child to have a quality education not the school for your child. If your child doesn't have the drive, don't send them here. My daughter just finished her 7th grade year and also had Mrs. Donovan. I had no problems with communicating with her or any other teachers at the school in a timely matter. We can't wait for 8th grade. There are some real quality teachers here such as Mr. Snyder and Ms Clough-Kennedy. It is a great bacalaureate program for the kids that can handle it.

Used to be Hendrix, used to be a good school! This past summer they changed the name to Summit. My youngest, currently in 7th began the year at Summit and was struggling. I'm sure that all the drama going on in this school didn't help but with a little help at home we got her back on track except for her Spanish class, taught by Mrs. Donovan. I sent multiple emails to the teacher, principal, vp, and counselor asking how could we help my daughter. The only response I received was from the teacher where she addressed a comment that she had made to my daughter which I found inappropriate and she claimed it had been taken out of context. It was very disapointing to see that the teacher was more concerned about defending herself than helping my daughter and that the principal, vp, or counselor, which were well aware of the situation, didn't bother to intervene. My daughter is now finishing the final qrtr at Gilbert JH. When I asked my daughter what is the biggest difference you noticed when you compare GJH to Summit her reply was "Some teachers were always running around in Summit, not sure where material was but in GJH they are more organized and seem prepared everyday."

I've been a student at Hendrix for 3 years now, and I personally feel that this is a wonderful school! Sure, like every other school in the valley, there are a few not so great teachers. But truthfully, I think that this school a wide variety of amazing teachers that care about each individual child. I'm involved in the band and orchestra programs here at Hendrix, and they are probably the best in Chandler for music. If it were my choice, I would tell every parent to bring their kid to Hendrix Junior High Schhol. The acedemics are stressed greatly, so most of the schools attendees are doing good in school, their are all sorts of activities and clubs, and its just an all around amazing school! I give it an A+!

this school excels at everthing it does the people who complian about it are the peolpe who blame the school remove their student take them to another school and realize that the school is not the problem there is no better school than Hendrix because no where will your kid learn from the best quality instructors and if you dont agree then maybe you just didnt like school yourself get involved then talk in the mean while if youre not involved then dont just shut it!

There is a small selection of great teachers and the principal and the vice are the worst ive seen.

Last modified Summit Academy 7-8 is a Public school that serves grades 7-9