John M Andersen Junior High School 5

Posted September 26, 2013
Well this school stay on top of the students grades the teachers really show they care by staying after school to help in tutoring or by give them help for a test. my daughters came from Illinois school system and they really wasn't challage there however at this school they are being challage in all courses of theirs classes and we love the before and after school tutoring and they have a late bus to get them home..we really thanks our teachers for a great job they perform on a everyday basic we need more school and teachers like John M Andersen High keep up the success for our childrens. also we I need to talk to my child teacher they are there in more than 1 way they return call back, they email you back and you can speak with them either before or after school this is awesome.

Posted May 07, 2013
My son is in 7th grade and when i check his homework, i see how bed the level is (its equivalent to 5 grade in other countries). They also almost don t give homework to the students (at least to my son) and when they do, it s one hour max once a week.

John M Andersen Junior High School 4

Posted September 19, 2012
I am a student Andersen Jr. High and I love it there. I've been reading the other comments and a lot of them are about how the bullying there is really bad. The thing is, it's not so bad anymore. Andersen is not a bad school. They have an amazing staff. Andersen also recently broke the record for the read words in Arizona for middle schools. ince the Arizona Ed. Foundation has been awarding A+ recognition starting in 1991 only 41 junior highs/middle schools have received it. Of the 41 schools only 5 have received the award twice so AJHS is one of only 5 schools. And since 2003 AJHS is the only jr. high to have received the award twice.

Posted December 21, 2011
I have been at this school for one semester. The school has a lot of clubs and programs such as MYP/IB. The bad part of AJHS is that the teachers are strict, give a load of homework, and are mostly mean. Never go to this school. PLEASE!

Posted October 25, 2011
Bullying is totally out of hand here. They do not take my concerns seriously. There has been no response from the teachers or the administration. My son got tackled on the sidewalk by another student who was trying to hurt him. Well he succeed. My son had a knot on his head the size of my fist. When I went to pick him up no one said a thing. They just looked at me when I complained that something needed to be done with the kid who tackled my son. Nothing was ever done and the bullying is still continuing intermittently. On a different note...I signed up for email school updates and have yet to receive one and they don't have a printed newsletter. Seems there are some balls dropped.

John M Andersen Junior High School 1

Posted January 03, 2010
horrible school. bullying, population, mediocrity, you name it.

John M Andersen Junior High School 0

Posted September 25, 2008
I like that it offers free tutoring. I like the teacher-parent communication via newsletters. You can also stay updated through the online posting of grades. (STI) My son was placed randomly with all boys class which he likes because they teach what boys like. No problems with other students

Posted April 04, 2008
The school is supose to have a 'No Tolerance' rule when it comes to bullying but unfortionately it's not enforced. Many of my sons friends are scared to go to school because of the abuse. The principal doesn't want to talk about it w/ the parents either. I guess if he ignores it, it will go away? Other than that the teachers seem to be good and my son gets help w/ after school tutoring. It has helped his grades a lot.

John M Andersen Junior High School 4

Posted March 27, 2008
My children and I love AJHS! Although, I have noticed a significant drop in the organization at the school since Chief left. The AD is not on top of things with sports and dates, the website is way off, the front marquee is rrarely updated and wonderful acheivements aren't recognized unless a team takes the EVC championship. Too bad, this school has all the pieces to be the best and no one to put them all together anymore.

John M Andersen Junior High School 1

Posted February 26, 2008
i go to this school and i hate it! They are very unorganized and give to much homework i honestly love homework but not now,i have way to much to keep up. they dont have alot of activites to do for students and you are only alooud to have 2electives!

John M Andersen Junior High School
1255 N. Dobson Road, Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified John M Andersen Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John M Andersen Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top