Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted July 21, 2016
Both children have graduated from Paloma and had a great education along with a very supportive teacher staff!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted July 21, 2016
All staff members are responsible for every student, Thank you to all. All staff members work together!

Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 21, 2016
The life skills are taught to all students and teachers model them. There should be no limit to what a person supplies on this survey.

Kyrene De La Paloma School 4

Posted May 04, 2016
We have had children at Paloma for 8 years now. We have had some great teachers that really care about our kids. This year has been amazing! Hands down Mrs Bobb is one of the very best teachers! The change she has made in my child's life this year is incredible!

Posted March 20, 2016
My daughter attends Paloma. I have been so happy with this school. There is a real sense of community here. The teachers are amazing, and the administration is wonderful, too. My daughter has already made some good friends and I have enjoyed getting to know their families as well. Staff and students all seem to enjoy being at school. We just attended their Spring Carnval last week. Such a fun event. We are excited to continue on at Paloma.

Kyrene De La Paloma School 3

Posted December 17, 2015
My children are in their 5th year at Paloma. Up to this year (2015-16), I would have given 4 stars. Only missing out on 5 stars because of the principal. In years prior, Paloma was an amazing school that promoted a real sense of community. They were always very welcoming of parent involvement, and appreciative. When you walked into the office, the staff (minus the principal-even if she was in the room) would greet you by name or with a friendly smile and make a point to get to know students. I really felt like they were invested in every student at Paloma. This year, the office staff has turned over and the environment has completely changed. Checking in feels like I'm checking into visiting an inmate. I have been spoken to rudely and dismissed with any questions. I actually avoid going anywhere near the front office. Many of the other parents and even teachers have expressed similar feelings. The amount of parent volunteers is incredible! You can tell that this neighborhood cares about education. With 2 children, we have now experienced a total of 9 teachers. 5 were AMAZING! 3 were average. 1 is awful. She had absolutely no clue 6 months into the school year that my child has a learning disability and his work was clear evidence yet he had an A in a subject he was clearly at least 2 grade levels behind. Completely unacceptable. The principal is unpersonal and dismissive at best. It is obvious that she views her position as the CEO of the school and does not associate with parents or children. She is the manager of the teachers and nothing more. It's obvious as you see her throughout the school never making eye contact or greeting children or teachers. If my kids were not 4th and 5th graders, I would pull them out. It's very sad to see Paloma do a 180 turn for the worse. I hope they can pull it together or they are in serious jeopardy of losing students AND teacher's.

Posted November 25, 2014
We have been at Paloma since March of 2014. Our four kids made the transition seamlessly. Our now 8 year old has an anxiety disorder that he has struggled to control. Last year he was in three different alternative programs that kept him secluded from students his age. The school's administration and resource staff met with me before my student was even enrolled and set out a plan for his integration. He is now in the regular classroom setting 95% of his day. We have been very impressed with the entire staff and would recommend this school to anyone who wants a place to call home.

Posted November 10, 2014
I have had children at Paloma for four years and continue to be impressed with the teachers, office staff, and administration. It is truly a positive environment and one in which students can learn and excel. Everything about the school is well organized and there are a lot of opportunities for parents to be involved in and out of the classrooms. I feel lucky that my children attend Paloma.

Posted June 03, 2014
The best! Great teachers, principal, and events. I live in this community and love the people and the homes. This is community that is like no other in AZ!

Kyrene De La Paloma School 1

Posted April 23, 2014
The principle is not helpful, teachers are fine but can not handle their classrooms they are too loud and wild. I removed my 2 children from this school far away from it!

5000 West Whitten, Chandler, AZ  85226
Last modified Kyrene De La Paloma School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.