PK-5 & Ungraded
Chandler, AZ

Posted November 25, 2014
We have been at Paloma since March of 2014. Our four kids made the transition seamlessly. Our now 8 year old has an anxiety disorder that he has struggled to control. Last year he was in three different alternative programs that kept him secluded from students his age. The school's administration and resource staff met with me before my student was even enrolled and set out a plan for his integration. He is now in the regular classroom setting 95% of his day. We have been very impressed with the entire staff and would recommend this school to anyone who wants a place to call home.

Posted November 10, 2014
I have had children at Paloma for four years and continue to be impressed with the teachers, office staff, and administration. It is truly a positive environment and one in which students can learn and excel. Everything about the school is well organized and there are a lot of opportunities for parents to be involved in and out of the classrooms. I feel lucky that my children attend Paloma.

Posted June 03, 2014
The best! Great teachers, principal, and events. I live in this community and love the people and the homes. This is community that is like no other in AZ!

Kyrene De La Paloma School 1

Posted April 23, 2014
The principle is not helpful, teachers are fine but can not handle their classrooms they are too loud and wild. I removed my 2 children from this school far away from it!

Posted February 06, 2014
I have two boys presently in 1st and 3rd, both having come is as kindergarteners. This school has really shown to continually put it's best foot forward with regard to our children's education and pride in the community. Recently while waiting for my eldest to wrap up a student council meeting I saw, first hand, the staffs reaction to a missing child(ren) situation. Apparently two siblings, just days new to the school, were not where their parents had expected. This began a chain of calculated events that showed this school's dedication and painstaking care and concern for the children. Without hesitation, phone calls were made, parents were consoled, students descriptions were confirmed, the bus driver confirmed the drop off location, teachers and staff were called to attention and within the short time I was waiting in the office the children were located and soon reunited with their waiting parents. Although this is a scenario that we certainly hope never to be repeated, it was just one more testament to Paloma's commitment to the children. Kyrene de la Paloma is an exceptional School

Posted December 04, 2013
My daughter attended Kyrene de la Paloma from 3rd - 5th grade. I was very pleased with the highly skilled teachers and caring atmosphere of the school. The office staff is friendly and answers questions quickly, and the administrators returned my calls promptly and helped me when I had concerns. My daughter enjoyed the fun projects she did and made lots of good friends. All of her teachers built a relationship with my daughter and challenged her academically. I would highly recommend this school if you are looking for a great school to attend in Kyrene.

Kyrene De La Paloma School 3

Posted December 03, 2013
My daughter went to this school for 2 years. In the beginning I thought the school was great! Needless to say, by the time we ended our second year I had a different opinion. Most of the staff are great, but there is one teacher specifically that should not be teaching anymore and needs to retire. The principal doesn't care if kids are bullied, she will tell you that, "we try to empower our kids to take care of their problems themselves", who the heck says that when a child is being bullied by older kids? We had dealt with the bullying for 4 months and finally went to the principal as a last resort hoping for some help, well nothing was done. I gave this school 3 stars because there are some great teachers there that really care.

Kyrene De La Paloma School 1

Posted March 19, 2013
I have three kids that attend this school. One of them is finishing their 5th grade year and started out as a kindergartner here. I have watched this school take a drastic turn for the worse. Leadership is a complete failure. The principal is very unapproachable. The school is falling apart. So much focus is put on safety but anyone can sign your kid out. My child was picked up by step dad and it was his first time in the office. No ID, no questions asked. Obviously my child was safe but they seriously won't let you walk your own child to the playgro und in the morning out of fear but anyone can walk in and request they pull your child out. Drop off and pick up procedures are chaotic. There is absolutely no organization. Kids are also taught ONLY what's on the AIMS test. This school needs more parents to speak up. So many do talk about these issues but unfortunately, it is not heard by the right people.

Posted March 06, 2013
I have three children at Paloma. I am a certified teacher and I consider myself pretty critical when it comes to my children's education. Even at the kindergarten level, there is a very high standard for academic achievement, but it is beautifully balanced with enough discovery learning to make it fun. I fully believe that if kids enjoy school, they will be successful. All of my children love school; they love their teachers. The teachers are really incredible. They deliver engaging, relevant lessons and really teach the CONCEPTS, not just the skills. Field trips are varied and connected to learning objectives. There is clear collaboration at Paloma and they are a partner school with ASU, so there are student teachers in many classrooms. Another set of eyes makes an incredible difference in the amount of attention your child will receive. While the student teachers may be inexperienced, they are eager to do well. I love the enthusiasm and innovation they bring to the classrooms. The principal is very visible on campus and seems approachable and respected. My children love the opportunity to lunch with her. I have no hesitation endorsing this school.

Kyrene De La Paloma School 0

Posted September 05, 2007
This school is a wonderful environment for children to learn. The principal is a compassionate, intelligent and kind person. My children have attended for 7 years between the three of them. I feel fortunate to have such caring people surrounding my children.

Kyrene De La Paloma School
5000 West Whitten, Chandler, AZ  85226
Last modified Kyrene De La Paloma School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene De La Paloma School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top