Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

Students are postured over, over crowed and the school lacks many of the programs that instill these qualities.

Two kids proudly enrolled, but since a change in administrative staff it's not hard to see why this school lost it's A rating. It's B rating is quite generous. Priorities seem to have gone from nurturing to posturing over the students, as experienced by the majority of parents in the community circle. I'd advocate that those who are able to, not limit their children's formidable years to this institution. The Kyrene District has far better schools to select from.

Both children have graduated from Paloma and had a great education along with a very supportive teacher staff!

We have had children at Paloma for 8 years now. We have had some great teachers that really care about our kids. This year has been amazing! Hands down Mrs Bobb is one of the very best teachers! The change she has made in my child's life this year is incredible!

My daughter attends Paloma. I have been so happy with this school. There is a real sense of community here. The teachers are amazing, and the administration is wonderful, too. My daughter has already made some good friends and I have enjoyed getting to know their families as well. Staff and students all seem to enjoy being at school. We just attended their Spring Carnval last week. Such a fun event. We are excited to continue on at Paloma.

My children are in their 5th year at Paloma. Up to this year (2015-16), I would have given 4 stars. Only missing out on 5 stars because of the principal. In years prior, Paloma was an amazing school that promoted a real sense of community. They were always very welcoming of parent involvement, and appreciative. When you walked into the office, the staff (minus the principal-even if she was in the room) would greet you by name or with a friendly smile and make a point to get to know students. I really felt like they were invested in every student at Paloma. This year, the office staff has turned over and the environment has completely changed. Checking in feels like I'm checking into visiting an inmate. I have been spoken to rudely and dismissed with any questions. I actually avoid going anywhere near the front office. Many of the other parents and even teachers have expressed similar feelings. The amount of parent volunteers is incredible! You can tell that this neighborhood cares about education. With 2 children, we have now experienced a total of 9 teachers. 5 were AMAZING! 3 were average. 1 is awful. She had absolutely no clue 6 months into the school year that my child has a learning disability and his work was clear evidence yet he had an A in a subject he was clearly at least 2 grade levels behind. Completely unacceptable. The principal is unpersonal and dismissive at best. It is obvious that she views her position as the CEO of the school and does not associate with parents or children. She is the manager of the teachers and nothing more. It's obvious as you see her throughout the school never making eye contact or greeting children or teachers. If my kids were not 4th and 5th graders, I would pull them out. It's very sad to see Paloma do a 180 turn for the worse. I hope they can pull it together or they are in serious jeopardy of losing students AND teacher's.

We have been at Paloma since March of 2014. Our four kids made the transition seamlessly. Our now 8 year old has an anxiety disorder that he has struggled to control. Last year he was in three different alternative programs that kept him secluded from students his age. The school's administration and resource staff met with me before my student was even enrolled and set out a plan for his integration. He is now in the regular classroom setting 95% of his day. We have been very impressed with the entire staff and would recommend this school to anyone who wants a place to call home.

I have had children at Paloma for four years and continue to be impressed with the teachers, office staff, and administration. It is truly a positive environment and one in which students can learn and excel. Everything about the school is well organized and there are a lot of opportunities for parents to be involved in and out of the classrooms. I feel lucky that my children attend Paloma.

The best! Great teachers, principal, and events. I live in this community and love the people and the homes. This is community that is like no other in AZ!

The principle is not helpful, teachers are fine but can not handle their classrooms they are too loud and wild. I removed my 2 children from this school far away from it!

Last modified Kyrene De La Paloma School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.