PK-5 & Ungraded
Chandler, AZ

Posted September 17, 2014
my school is aprende middle school and i use to go to Cielo, cielo is a great school and was my favorit eplace to be ever since the first day of kindergarten and to tell you now i sure miss the Amazing teachers there and just the love is all i could ask there. Everyone was happy, now my 2 little sister are going there and soon there going to be 3 going but all I can say is if your looking for a Wonderful, brilliant,educational school this is the school to send your child because if I loved it there im sure your kid will too. Its a very welcoming school!

Posted September 15, 2014
Super friendly and welcoming front office staff. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. I'm am always welcomed with a hello and a smile from more than 1 person. So happy to be a part of this family.

Kyrene del Cielo School 2

Posted June 14, 2014
I had previously wrote a positive review for Cielo, but now that my child has spent more time at the school, lots of issues have popped up. If you have a child that is typical and has no special needs, then this school will most likely suit their needs. My child has been treated unfairly from mostly the staff. There has been a few issues with other students, but those were addressed appropriately (for the most part). As parents of a special needs child, life is hard and this school will go out of their way to make it more difficult. They do not want to be held responsible, liable, or take the extra steps needed to for the child to be taken care of properly. They don't seem to care about what the child needs (especially if your child looks "typical"). Cielo wants what's best for Cielo. I find it incredibly sad that these people who have degrees in child education, don't treat my child how he/she deserves. They haven't provided what my child NEEDS. As a parent, we are forced into a difficult situation and are forced to be persistent in getting what my child needs. They find my persistence annoying and further delay what their jobs require. They are breaking the law.

Posted August 23, 2013
There have been a few bumps along the way, but communication with Ms. Nicks is way above from what I've in other schools. She takes the time to listen, set up meetings and get you what your child needs. My child is special needs and this school has been amazing for him. His teachers have been great and cater to his higher than average IQ. They make sure he's still learning and not getting bored. Hard to do when you have several children in your class. Glad my son attends this school. He's happy at Cielo and has tons of friends. I will keep him here until he's ready to move into middle school.

Posted August 01, 2013
There is a reason why this school is among the top rated elementary schools within the state. Academically; this school is challenging and tailored to the individual needs of the child. They do not teach down to their students which Ive seen at other schools. Enrichment's; at a time when they are scarce, this school understands the value of fine arts & enrichment's when it comes to childhood development. Community; is more than just a word around here, EVERYONE is involved in ensuring Cielo is the most desirable school in Arizona. PARENTS & VOLUNTEERS, hats off to you for your dedication, if not for you much of what is offered would not be possible. TEACHERS; (Smeltzer) Your students are your success stories and a result of your incredibly hard work coming into fruition. These children will become great, high contributing adults and active members of society. Thank you for always believing in them. KIDS CLUB STAFF; you are always professional and you never seem to lose steam or enthusiasm. PRINCIPALS NICKS & CHRIST; You have your act together and I marvel at the harmonized machine you run on a daily basis. My son is certainly better off than he was prior to attending Cielo.

Kyrene del Cielo School 4

Posted May 02, 2013
I chose this school for its rating, reputation and location. We are "out of district" and have been here 3 years. Kindergarten was rocky. I felt the teacher didn't like my child (classroom behavior was problematic). I agonized that maybe I'd made the wrong choice. First grade began and this teacher was better. She appreciated my child's uniqueness, was patient and understanding of behavioral issues. Second grade teacher is calm and experienced. I no longer consider moving my child and he is doing well (issues and all). If your child has any emotional or behavioral difficulties be prepared to advocate on their behalf. Part of the time, I felt I was fighting them to avoid labeling my child. Did he need a section 504 when, academically, he's in the top of the class? They seem more tolerant and helpful of my "not your average kid" now than they did when we first came. Lots of involvement, parent wise. Organized fun stuff (carnivals, water day, movie night). As a working parent, the Kids Club is a godsend to me. Friends back East paid big $ for private schools that I don't think are better than this.

Posted March 02, 2013
We moved our daughter from a different school district this year.It was hands down the best thing we have ever done for her education. I cannot say enough good things about this school. We absolutely adore Mrs. Nicks the principal who knows all the children by name and greets everyone in a positive way every single day. The office staff isalso always friendly. I especially love the way the teacher, Mrs. Tygret sends up to date e-mails regarding homework & test assignments & is available to answer any and every question we may have and always replies in a positive upbeat manner. We no longer have to worry about bad days, because everyday is wonderful at Cielo

Posted October 22, 2012
We moved from CA a couple years ago and so far have had a great experience with both our kids attending Kyrene Del Cielo. The teachers are very involved, respond quickly to emails, and most of the assignments due and current topics being taught can easily be found on their school website. This is great because our oldest son likes to give us a different story at times regarding homework and projects due, and can sometimes "forget" needed paperwork at school. Now we login together, pull up the assignment, and print it off when needed. I love it! The school puts on fun events such as water day, carnivals, and dances that the entire family enjoys. You can also be as involved as you want to. The school is always looking for new members to sit on the board to provide needed input to help drive the direction of the school. You get out of it what you put in. We are very fortunate to be a part of Kyrene Del Cielo.

Kyrene del Cielo School 1

Posted August 08, 2012
I have no idea how anyone would give this school 5 stars. We are new to the school. My son is in grade 1 and am nothing but disappointed. The first day release was like a black friday sale. They release the kindergarten and Grade 1 students directly out into the front of the school. Where the main road is. The teachers do not check if the parents are there. They leave kindergarden kids alone on the bus with no driver. I have seen numerous lost kids wandering around both in the morning and afterschool. My son had absolute no problems in K in his old school. Now since the 2nd day at Cielo he cries everytime school is mention. he does not want to go.

Posted April 10, 2012
Really have enjoyed having both of my children at Kyrene del Cielo for the last four years. Teachers have been wonderful and the administration and staff are fantastic! The new principal, Tina Nicks has been a great addition to the community. She is responsive to concerns and dedicated to our kids learning! I love being involved as a parent at this school.

Kyrene del Cielo School
1350 N. Lakeshore Dr., Chandler, AZ  85226
Last modified Kyrene del Cielo School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene del Cielo School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top