Chandler, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted May 02, 2014
The Kyrene school district is among the best in the state of Arizona. We were attracted to a traditional school, and have been very pleased with KTA. This is my children's second year at this school and we hope they make it K-8. We like the advanced curriculum, dress code, great teachers, and school events. They teach the students to be responsible and respectful. I can say I have seen a huge development in my son, he is very responsible and growing into an intelligent young man.

Kyrene Traditional - Sureno Campus 2

Posted April 28, 2014
Most of the teachers are really great at the school, and the curriculum is above average ,but that's about all the good things I can say. The principal does not care about what goes on in the school when it comes to people she knows or likes. there are definitely some things going on there that are not right. you know its pretty bad when the teachers complain about the principal, and they are way too strict on children they "consider" bad. not all children are created equal in their eyes, very very sad. my grandson is moving to middle school next year, which I am happy about because I would have switched schools for sure next year anyway.

Posted October 14, 2013
First, disregard all the previous reviews from 2 years back. The Sureno campus is now a traditional academy, much like others in the east valley that use the name. As such, a traditional academy's curriculum and methods are different from non-traditional schools. Also, the current principal and many of the staff are also new to this particular school. Let me say that this school is excellent. My daughter was in kindergarten in KTA's first year. Her K teacher was Kyrene's new teacher of the year and was awesome. She was available to talk to and responds in a timely manner. The principal, Dr. Lescher, runs the school very well and communicates to everyone. That is one of the many things I like about KTA, YOU WILL KNOW WHATS GOING ON AT SCHOOL. Spalding reading and Saxon math works well. Parents must attend 4 events a year that have to do with your child's school and education and must volunteer 5 hrs/year. There is a dress code (very reasonable). And most importantly, kids are taught self-responsibility and respectfulness towards everyone. The traditional model is how a school should be and is what I grew up with. Thats why my daughter is there and not at her home school.

Posted August 22, 2013
Love KTA can't wait for my other kids to be in Kindergarten at there, My 8 year old child is so motivated every day to go to school , the environment is warm and the education programs really keep the children committed to learn. I'm so happy with the dress code as well, no more necessity of spending money in clothing for every season.

Posted August 22, 2013
Having both my kids attend KTA is one of the best decisions I've made. Excellent teacher quality and an incredible Principal as an administrator, what more could I ask for. Hope KTA expands to K-8. Absolutely love this school.

Posted August 21, 2013
My daughter loves the teachers here at KTA! This school has outstanding teachers and a dedicated principal! We look forward to a great year!

Posted August 17, 2013
I have a daughter who just started kindergarten at KTA. She was a little homesick the first couple of weeks but her teacher, Mrs. Cano, was so loving, understanding and supportive in helping her to adjust to the long school day and she loves going to school and learning with all her friends. The atmosphere at KTA is warm, nurturing and dedicated. All the staff and teachers really seem to have the kids best interest and safety at heart. I love the dress code. No hassle getting ready in the morning :) I love the curriculum with the spalding reading and writing program. The school wide behavior system with the 3B's: be safe, be responsible and be respectful is something that every school should implement. It is sad that you have to have your child at a school of choice to get the quality education and discipline that should be a given at every school. I love that KTA emphasizes the importance of academics, discipline, appropriate behavior within yourself and towards others and being a valued member of society - something that has greatly been lost in society today. By attending Kyrene Traditional Academy, my daughter will be a well prepared and successful member of society.

Posted August 16, 2013
I absolutely love this school. I transferred my children here last year when the KTA curriculum was adopted and both my 1st and 4th graders are excelling more than at other school districts. I absolutely rave about the teachers, who really do care about the children and their development. They also try and focus on teaching critical thinking and trying new ways to address the required education that is passed down from state and federal guidelines. The after school extra curricular activities they provide are amazing and my kids beg to do them when they have signups. The campus is clean, safe and inviting. I recommend anyone looking into this school, to sign your children up!

Posted August 16, 2013
Please note that the test scores are from 2011-2012 Before this school transitioned into a Traditional Academy. I can tell you that with the new curriculum 2012-2013 those scores will be much higher! In 4 years at this school we have never had any issues with bullying or anything. They teach students to be respectful, responsible, and safe!

Posted July 31, 2013
I enrolled my kids last year in this school, my son in Kindergarten and my in 3rd grade. I really like the teacher's participation and involvement with the kid s development. Each teacher and the principal provide strong leadership. The 3 B (Be respectful, be responsible and be safe) - practiced in this school helps promote the Child as an individual. This school provides a good base for a holistic development they encourage both academic and extracurricular activities. The traditional method of teaching language and math has proved to be very effective for my kids. They are able to spell, read, and write fluently.

Kyrene Traditional - Sureno Campus
3375 W. Galveston Rd., Chandler, AZ  85226
Last modified Kyrene Traditional - Sureno Campus is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene Traditional - Sureno Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top