Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Kyrene Traditional - Sureno Campus 4

Posted November 19, 2015
Good school. Too strict on kindergartners. Would like to see more open mindness when it comes to learning styles in the classroom.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 23, 2015
Mrs Ang, a highly dedicated and involved teacher. She has made a marked difference in my kids life.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 23, 2015
Four days a week homework is a policy in this school which includes math, writing and reading. I think this rigorous routine is setting them up for higher diligence and better work ethics in later life.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 23, 2015
This is my first experience with a school that has put in such a tremendous effort in reducing the learning disparity gap. It cannot be done without highly dedicated teachers and staff and any amount of words fall short of enough praise for their efforts. I moved my 1st grader to this school as I was highly dissatisfied with a previous Kyrene school and was pleasantly surprised to find a school which followed the traditional model while still incorporating the current standards and procedures of modern schooling. They do not just meet the standard they are excelling it. To put it simply they have the best teachers who are truly invested in every child's intellectual and personality development.

Posted October 23, 2015
This is my first experience with a school that has put in such a tremendous effort in reducing the learning disparity gap. It cannot be done without highly dedicated teachers and staff and any amount of words fall short of enough praise for their efforts. I moved my 1st grader to this school as I was highly dissatisfied with a previous Kyrene school and was pleasantly surprised to find a school with followed the traditional model while still incorporating the current standards and procedures of modern schooling. They do not just meet the standard they are excelling it. To put it simply they have the best teachers who are truly invested in every child's intellectual and personality development.

Posted March 24, 2015
KTA is a wonderful school. The entire staff is hard working and caring. The principal is fantastic! My child is learning and growing in a safe and caring environment. I live out of district and I recommend KTA to all my neighbors and friends.

Posted May 02, 2014
The Kyrene school district is among the best in the state of Arizona. We were attracted to a traditional school, and have been very pleased with KTA. This is my children's second year at this school and we hope they make it K-8. We like the advanced curriculum, dress code, great teachers, and school events. They teach the students to be responsible and respectful. I can say I have seen a huge development in my son, he is very responsible and growing into an intelligent young man.

Kyrene Traditional - Sureno Campus 2

Posted April 28, 2014
Most of the teachers are really great at the school, and the curriculum is above average ,but that's about all the good things I can say. The principal does not care about what goes on in the school when it comes to people she knows or likes. there are definitely some things going on there that are not right. you know its pretty bad when the teachers complain about the principal, and they are way too strict on children they "consider" bad. not all children are created equal in their eyes, very very sad. my grandson is moving to middle school next year, which I am happy about because I would have switched schools for sure next year anyway.

Posted October 14, 2013
First, disregard all the previous reviews from 2 years back. The Sureno campus is now a traditional academy, much like others in the east valley that use the name. As such, a traditional academy's curriculum and methods are different from non-traditional schools. Also, the current principal and many of the staff are also new to this particular school. Let me say that this school is excellent. My daughter was in kindergarten in KTA's first year. Her K teacher was Kyrene's new teacher of the year and was awesome. She was available to talk to and responds in a timely manner. The principal, Dr. Lescher, runs the school very well and communicates to everyone. That is one of the many things I like about KTA, YOU WILL KNOW WHATS GOING ON AT SCHOOL. Spalding reading and Saxon math works well. Parents must attend 4 events a year that have to do with your child's school and education and must volunteer 5 hrs/year. There is a dress code (very reasonable). And most importantly, kids are taught self-responsibility and respectfulness towards everyone. The traditional model is how a school should be and is what I grew up with. Thats why my daughter is there and not at her home school.

Posted August 22, 2013
Love KTA can't wait for my other kids to be in Kindergarten at there, My 8 year old child is so motivated every day to go to school , the environment is warm and the education programs really keep the children committed to learn. I'm so happy with the dress code as well, no more necessity of spending money in clothing for every season.

3375 W. Galveston Rd., Chandler, AZ  85226
Last modified Kyrene Traditional - Sureno Campus is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene Traditional - Sureno Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top