PK-6 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted May 25, 2016
My daughters have been attending CTA Humphrey since Kindergarten and we have never been so happy. The principal, Mr.Hickey is THE BEST principal I have ever seen. He knows all the students and their families and cares for their well-being. The teachers are all amazing and teach discipline and respect but love their students dearly. CTA is not for everyone, but the teachers will go out of their way to try and help as much as possible if someone is struggling. So thankful we were brushed off by one of those other snooty schools and welcomed at Himphrey with open arms.

Chandler Traditional Academy-Humphrey
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 25, 2016
Soooo many people to say Thank You too. I chose staff member because without Lisa Clock, the school would not run as smoothly. But honestly, ALL of the teachers, staff, and leaders deserve a Thank You because they have done a great job working together to make the school run as a unit so the nobody gets left behind.

Posted April 01, 2015
I love CTA Humphrey! My kids love going to school there and we have had a string of amazing teachers. We tested my daughter into kindergarten early and she passed the entrance exam with flying colors but did not do so well with the advanced curriculum. I do wish that the school district would offer a seperate entrance exam for students entending on enrolling at a CTA School. Despite her troubles academically her teachers have been working dilligently to help her catch up. She is now reading at the correct level and is a math machine. The PTO is very involved and offers alot of fun events for the kids. My oldest daughter loves all of the extra curricular after school programs and tries out for everything they offer pretty much. Dont let the low score fool you. Schedule a tour with Mr. Hickey and he will wow you with his knowledge and obiois love for his job. A+

Chandler Traditional Academy-Humphrey 4

Posted November 29, 2014
How bizarre that people rate a school because children who are behind and have behavior issues attend. What the heck? What school does not? Welcome to the age of kids ruling the roost. i guess you do nt want those kids serviced. Well welcome to 90 percent of the kids in the USA. There are no schools where this is not an issue. If you want a fast paced class or curriculum schedule with no interruptions you will have to go home school or private and even those in Az do not have small class sizes anymore or funding. Parents are ignorant. Maybe I should claim to know how to do your career with no trianing or education. My kids go here and I adore all aspects of the school except other parents behavior not their children's behavior.

Posted August 10, 2014
5 stars for Humphrey Elementary!!!! My husband and I stopped in unexpectedly with no pre-scheduled appointment to meet the Principal and our child's teacher. Principal Luke Hickey was fantastic. He greeted us immediately and thoughtfully spent time answering every question we asked about Humphrey Elementary, the teachers, the security and generally the overall operation of the school. We previously researched schools extensively and we're prepared with many questions. Principal Hickey was exceptionally knowledgable about every topic discussed. He strongly believes in building positive relationships and promoting open lines of communication among students, parents, school staff and community members. He answered questions about school security and confirmed a solid action is in place to ensure that our children are safe and secure. The campus, playground, classrooms, gymnasium are clean and inviting. The front office staff Lisa and Aimee were delightfully helpful and patient. Our child's teacher Mrs. King is amazing. She thoughtfully and graciously takes time to discuss any questions we have. It is evident that our child feels comfortable with her is now excited to attend school.

Posted July 04, 2014
I have sent three of my children to CTA Humphrey for the last three years, since they were in K, 1, and 2. In that time, I have volunteered as the Art Masterpiece teacher for two grades for all three years, and have had the honor of working with many of the faculty and staff. One child briefly entered the CATS program and attended another school, where he was treated as a number, before happily returning to his Humphrey family. It will be a sad day when my boys graduate from Humphrey, as it is for many of the sixth graders I see sobbing as they hug their former teachers, Mrs. H, and Principal Hickey on their last days.

Chandler Traditional Academy-Humphrey 1

Posted April 26, 2014
Kids pick on my child. I've tried to talk to the school but they are no help. We will move from this school.

Posted April 15, 2014
I am so happy my child attends CTA Humphrey. I am very surprised to see some negative comments about this school. This is our 2nd year at this school and it has been an incredible experience for my daughter. Even though it is a larger school, it's small enough to feel like a family here. The teachers are super involved with the well being of the kids and know most of them by name. I can't say enough wonderful things about Mr. Hickey the principal. He is out greeting the kids in the mornings and in the afternoons saying goodbye. Love this school.

Chandler Traditional Academy-Humphrey 3

Posted February 01, 2014
For me, the bad outweigh the good and my children will not be attending CTA Humphrey next year. These issues could easily be resolved but I do not see it happening in time for my children to benefit. The Saxon Math and Spalding Reading Programs seem to work really well for my daughter. The principal, Mr. Hickey, really is a great principal and knows my daughter by name. He is very involved and is out every morning and afternoon for drop-off and pick-up. The security at the school is seriously lacking. I'd go into detail but I'm afraid to point out all of the flaws, for obvious reasons. I do not feel my daughter is safe on this campus! There is a serious lack of communication between teachers and parents, at least with my experience. The teacher is very disorganized. The ratings are low because it has only recently become a CTA, I'm sure the rating will be going up and meet the levels of the other CTA's in the area.

Posted July 16, 2013
It is sad that parents of students who are unhappy or don't do well have to write negative comments about schools. Most students will have success when parents support their schools as partners in education. Parents with positive comments have every right to post their positive comments ,as those negative people who are never happy in any situation. This is a fantastic school with fantastic teachers. Look beyond your negativity, and you will see teachers interested in education for all students, irregardless of their income . It is impossible for students to thrive and be happy if all their parents do is complain. Think positive thoughts, if you don't fit it, be quiet and move on.

Chandler Traditional Academy-Humphrey
125 S 132nd St, Chandler, AZ  85225
Last modified Chandler Traditional Academy-Humphrey is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.