Chino Valley High School

Public | PK, 9-12

Posted March 13, 2012

Okay to be serious about my school, Its closed campus which is one big complaint, But really the principal watches kids fight and waits until the kids resolve it then he breaks them up, Which is okay because if its 1v1 it probably means something to these kids. Some of the teachers are great me being a freshman i only know like 6 pretty well, So overall the security needs to be improved, Like fighting is fine to a point and ive seen kids gang up on em etc. and the fences need to go (Everyone jumps them anyway) Otherwise its an okay school just needs some improvements. The principal isnt the best security guard type but when it comes to breaking up fights that involve more than 2 students He knows us he knows when to break them up he knows how hard it is etc.

Posted February 11, 2012

The current high school principal will be a disaster for Chino Valley School District. He was fired from the Lake Havasu School district as Educational Services Director because he did NOTHING. He is good at delegating but does very little of the job himself. He is also a very talented at saying all the right things to whatever audience he is addressing and can "morph" into whatever he thinks will get him in the good graces of the administration. This is not the kind of "leadership" that will help improve Chino Valley High School. I encouage Chino Valley to start a high school principal search along with a new Supt. search.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 12, 2011

My son has been in the Chino Valley School district since 1st grade he is now a Sophmore and I have found that the teachers go out of their way to assist him in all areas and the counselors are there for him or me whenever we need them. I have had a very possitive experience with the academics. Our problem is with the Football program. I believe that this is an area that needs to be addressed! Parents do not want to get involved there is no town spirt for their team and the coach..... well lets just say he seems to have his favorites and the others just fall by the waste side. I believe it may be time for a new coach to step in and revamp the program.... it is not working. We need better turn outs, more team spirit and a coach that focuses on the overall game plan and makes kids try out for positions and not just give them a position that most are not suited for. We need a coach that appreciates his parents and team members.... for they are all part of the team...Do not get me wrong I feel he does the best he can..... I just believe there needs to be a change.

Posted November 5, 2010

I am a student and I have to say that while there are some issues with the "discipline" we students or most of us enjoy this school. One great thing about CVHS is the Ag program that last year was the best in the state!

Posted April 19, 2010

I teach Drama here and I have seen the students take incredible strides, leaps, and bounds in creativity, communication, and trust. Can't ask for much more than that.

Posted September 24, 2009

We have been here only a few months and fine that there is a good teacher parent commucations.

Posted June 16, 2009

Chino Valley High School's principal was doing a great job of disciplining when he began here, but he still has no idea how to stimulate greater academic achievement. His assistant principal has weakened the principal's discipline policy to the extent that we are headed back to where we were before. As a parent witnessing the ineptitude of the administration and now some of the best teachers are gone, I am pulling my kids out of this school. It is worth the daily trip to Prescott. I believe that much of the tumult that is happening at the high school is due to the two new superintendents, Noggle and Danielle's poor decision making. I hope the school board realizes the damage these two have done, so our town can get back to educating our children, and will be watching for a better school to send my kids to in the future.

Posted August 5, 2008

Chino Valley is an excellent school. The administration is working to make it better. My son attended CVHS and was well challenged. He earned full tuition scholarships to several colleges including University of Arizona.

Posted December 1, 2007

I am not down on the teachers, just the presentation. I have been involved with several high schools, comparitively, our school is so lacking. I would have considered Prescott School District, but desire to support our local area. I know there are hard working people trying to 'fix' these problems, However, you should have heard the crowd in the bleachers when the home coming kids were selected. Where's your Cougar Pride?

Posted October 30, 2007

This school does well enough for most of the students. However, I beleive the focus is on keeping kids in school, not in assisting the students who have higher aspirations. Our college bound students deserve some assistance and guidance to keep focused and constanly advancing. Help with scholarship applications, resumes, and test preparation. Instead, there appears to be much more attention on the troubled students. A little more balance would be nice. There arew some teachers who do take an extra interest, but for the most part, the college bound student is on thier own to do what is necessary.

Posted March 26, 2006

Chino is a nice small-town school with relatively good teachers. To really get a college-bound education, however, you would need to take advantage of AP/Honors courses.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 2, 2005

In this town, the school is the center. There are a lot of opportunities for kids to succeed and for parents to be involved. Some academics are very good, but the teachers face a lot of challenges with some of the kids.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 9, 2004

My daughter was enrolled in Chino Valley public schools for 8 years. I was very pleased with the grade school and Middle school. I was greatly disappointed with CVHS. For example, she needed help with Algebra, I met with her teacher and requested help and a tutor, I even offered to pay for the tutor. The teacher would not help us. I will not send anymore of my kids to Chino VAlley High School after my daughter's experience. I will drive them to Prescott instead. My daughter was barely passing her classes at CVHS, after changing schools, she now makes all A's and 1 B. She loves her new high school and is recieving a much better education.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

188 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

190 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

188 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 52%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (923) 636-6129

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now