Coolidge High School

Public | 9-12

Posted May 19, 2014

I'm so glad I decided to come to CHS than Imagine Prep and Florence! Don't believe the old reviews from 5-6 years ago! We have a brand new awesome administration and a great superintendent! While CHS is continuing to expand and grow, it still needs someone support from the community! Imagine Schools isnt what you think it is! I am being challenged in AP classes (who has straight a's) and doing great in extracurriculars! CHS is just awesome!

Posted January 17, 2013

CHS has many amazing activities and opportunities to offer. They offer many AP and honors classes for students who are looking for that extra push in school. The teachers develop a strong bond to the students to make educating them easier and more fun. The students get a lot of one on one with the teachers and the parents can talk to the teachers whenever they want. Many people say a lot of negative things about CHS but they are based on the old school before it was COMPLETELY changed. Their sports program is EXCELLENT. Although their test scores may not be the highest, the teachers and all staff push their students to the maximum and sometimes the students just don't try. I love Coolidge High School and recommend it to everyone.

Posted September 20, 2011

I am a 3rd year teacher at CHS and absolutely love the school,students and administration. You will find an enviroment that challenges students as well as nurtures divesity. The curriculum offers AP classes and honors classes that has technology integration that rivals many universities. Come check us out!

Posted November 22, 2010

I had the opportunity to see the CHS dance group AMP perform for elementary students last week. These students were doing a great job. There goal is to moving people through dance to make good decisions. It was nice to see that CHS has a wide variety of choices for students that provide encouragment for good decision making.

Posted November 17, 2010

I have been an administrator for almost four years at Coolidge High School. I was the assistant principal for two years from 2007 to 2009. I am currently in my second year as principal. I am proud to be the principal of this very unique and special school. The students and parents of this community are wonderful! We are under construction right now so we can continue with the rich tradition of educating our youth in this community. I would like to invite anyone to come to the campus and see the changes that we have made. We are the proud BEARS of Coolidge High School.

Posted October 3, 2009

My Grand Daughter goes there and is on the Swim team. The school needs all the encouragement it can get. it is in a depressed area, rural, and good teachers are hard to snag. some are beginning to go to college and return to help their school.

Posted July 9, 2009

When I moved to az and my parents showed me the high school I refused to go there I tired to go to any other school and was put on waiting list. I was a san tan student who was bused out there for a couple years until San Tan Foothills was finished but after my freshmen year i refused to switch schools. Yeah the school isn't in the best area and sure some of the staff isn't great but people need to look past that. I have improved my math performance and have been doing a lot better then I used to. The only problem Iv'e had there was when Mr. Greer was the principal and forced us to wear I.D. tags. I'm now a Senior class of 2010 and I'm proud to be a Coolidge Bear :]

Posted April 28, 2009

i think this school is ok. but our teachers want us to respect them and they don't even respect us. and i think that is unfair.

Posted January 6, 2009

Our school is woried more about us having a peace of plastic around our neck, then ure education time. If for some reason we forget our so called id's then we are sent of to BMC. The second time we are suspended for nine days. That to me is taking to much advantage over us as students. Our school wants respect from us, but they dont show it to us. Respect is something that is earned, and so far our school has done nothing to deserve it.

Posted October 18, 2008

CHS lacks organization. Not only the highschool, the entire district. The effort made in trying to make this place better is becoming more and more visible. As a school though, it doesn't have many clubs that aren't involving sports.Coolidge does have outstanding sports programs, but that is all it has.In the classroom all that is taught is how to pass the AIMS, and no one learns otherwise. The way teachers teach also isn't to great. My test scores have dropped considerably since I've come here. I need credits as a highsschooler.I have already lost nearly all of them simply from tardies because I couldn't get to my classes on time.[like nearly all freshmen] I have classes at both campuses and 5 mins to get here and back.The new principal says 'Walk faster'.The tardies add to absences and the excuses for these are strictly limited.

Posted October 3, 2008

I feel this is one of the worst schools my daughter has been too. I agree with the last post they are only taught what is on the AIMS and then the rest of the time is goofing off or in assemblies They are not preparing them for college at all.

Posted October 1, 2008

This school is the worst school in the states I have lived in. The children only learn how to talk and be disrespectful, and not tell the truth. I say, get your child out of this school before it rub off on them. They learn very slowly, and only taught mostly how to pass an AIMS test, nothing more.

Posted July 21, 2008

Loove the school. lots of fun adventures :]

Posted July 21, 2008

I am a parent and have not been to any awards assembly or honors program that was attended by the Principal or Sup. They are not involved with any of the accademic programs that I know of

Posted November 21, 2007

i have been going to coolidge for 2 years its the best school. i had just recently transferd high school[s]. i must say they are realey bad i havent liked the [new] school at all, but i must say, coolidge has a lot better sports and other after school activites.

Posted August 27, 2007

I went to CHS for a week and thought it was terrible. I came back 5 months later and feel absolutely different about it now. CHS has a lot to offer. We have awesome after school activities and our sports program is deffinatly amazing! Sure we don't have the best administration or teachers but they are doing they're best! And they improve everyday. It's not the teachers fault if a student doesn't learn. What you put in is what you'll get out... Coolidge High is a great school with great teachers!

Posted September 16, 2006

Everyone has a friend. I know that there are some academic problems but students have so many opportunities. It is not the school or the teachers fault the students do not learn. Children get whatever out of it as they put in. If they do not try at all they will not learn. There are many afterschool activities that people do not know about. There are academic clubs, point team, sports, band, dance line, tribal club, black awareness... and much more. There is also CAVIT which helps students that know what they want to do be able to start in high school. CHS is a great school and getting better. I just wish people would actually look at the school not the people.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 21, 2006

As a former graduate of CHS,not to many after school activities were availalve at CHS, mostly sports, I do think that cultural awareness needed to be addressed, besides music and drama, and the school clubs, nothing else was available. Now that Coolidge is growing, it would be nice to see more cultural events. They have such nice performing arts facility at Coolidge H.S. More events, and concerts for the school and the community need to be presented . I ask parents to voice their support for cultural events & activities, so that their child can participate and enjoy the use of the Performing Arts auditorium. Great potential at Coolidge
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 1, 2006

I think this school is the worst in the state.

Posted March 23, 2006

Academic programs are struggling. The teachers need more training and the students need to push themselves a bit harder, though honor students do quite well at the school. The availablility of extra-curricular activities, including, sports, music, and vocatuional programs is outstanding and unlike any other school I have seen. Coolidge really excells in all of these areas. Many students graduate with nursing, computer and cosmetology certtificates. CAC provides close proximity that Coolidge really takes advantage of. Graduates from Coolidge may attend CAC for free for two years, provided they complete the appropriate paperwork. The district is growing by leaps and bounds, with new construction all of the time. The future is promising.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

149 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

140 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 55%N/A47%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Science lab

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Security personnel
  • Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
Transportation options

• Dance
  • Drama

School culture

• Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)

Apply now