Coolidge, AZ

Hohokam Elementary School 3

Posted July 05, 2011
Just when I thought things were beginning to turn around for this school and the district they don't ask ms broadley back as the assistant principal. I had the opportunity to meet with her many times this year. She is the only administrator who worked with the community andput on events to showcase the kids work throughout the year. My child got in a lot of trouble. But he always saidms broadley treated him with respect and was fair. She continue as the asistant principal at this school. The community likes her and the kids do too. But again the district doesn't value their great employees and we lost another one that was all about the kids. Maybe the board should start to look at getting rid of the administration at the district office. They do not seem to be making decisions based on what's best for the kids. There is no rhyme or reason to things they are doing.

Posted June 23, 2011
I have had the oppurtunity of dealing with every school in the Coolidge School System. I have my own children at West, Hohokam, & the H.S. I have also dealt with Heartland due to my working position. I have to say that Hohokam is by far the most organized school I have ever worked with. Not once have I walked into this school for an appointment and been left dumbfounded. Paperwork was readily available and set to go for our meeting. The principal is pleasant as is the remainder of the staff. I have not had any form of issues or concerns with anyone. I wish the principal could run all the schools because then I would know that my child is well taken care of.

Hohokam Elementary School 1

Posted June 17, 2011
No supervision on playground - child fell on cement - school nurse called and said your child bit her lip and is bleeding - so we went to get her -- discovered MUCH more was wrong - we started to drive her to Gilbert hosp. -- she blacked out -- we called 911 in route who met us -- she had broken her jaw in four places - rushed to trama center - doctors told us the school nurse should have called 911 - should have put her in a neck brace and should have done much more than to tell us she cut her lip -- never send your child here!

Posted November 23, 2010
Hohokam Middle School is a great place for students to learn. We offer students a variety of remediation and enrichment opportunities to increase their academic acheivement. Our 8th graders have the opportunity to choose from a variety of electives (Ag, Spanish, Choir, Band, PE, Computers, and Art), which prepares them for the choices they'll have when choosing classes at the high school. Our athletic teams are amazing as we've won two league championships and are on our way to a 3rd championship with our volleyball team. The front office staff is amazingly helpful and I truly love working there and interacting with all the students- they make going to work fun!

Posted November 23, 2010
Hohokam is AMAZING! I am a former employee of the school. I have been very fortunate to work under the best administration possible. Mr. Thompson exemplifies what exactly a principal should be. Due to his expertise, I have to say that I myself have become a better teacher. He expects optimum results from his school, staff, and his students. The years I spent with Hohokam, I worked with the most wonderful teachers out there. We were a family and I say that in every sense of the way, we all got along and held each other to the highest of standards and respect. Although we have all gone our separate ways we are all still Mr. Thompson s Hokokam Bulldogs!!

Posted November 17, 2010
Hohokam School is now a Middle School for the 2010 - 2011 school year. We provide a wide diverse curriculum for our students. Our elective choices are; Art, PE, Health, Computers, Spanish, Dance, Choir, Band at two levels. Our school is established for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. We have about 30 students in each class. We also have before and after programs that our students get involved with. Our sports teams are in a league with 5 other teams. Our Softball and Baseball teams won the Championship games and our Volleyball and Football teams are going through their seasons now.

Hohokam Elementary School 0

Posted February 10, 2010
I just want to make one comment. My problem with coolidge school district teachers are that they don't say anything when your child is failing. Until it's time for progress reports. There is no concern whatsoever. I understand that you can check your childs progress. But you would think that a concerned teacher would at least call or send a letter saying i am concerned about your child. He is not turning in any of his homework or that he is really struggling in my class. That would be nice. From a concerned parent.

Hohokam Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2008
my school is of ok it is the smallest school in coolidge and is K-8. it is a very good school and the best beahaved in coolidge.

Hohokam Elementary School 3

Posted January 22, 2008
The teachers make it happen they are the greatest. Thank you for all you do.

Hohokam Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2007
I have not seen a harder-working, nicer group of teachers and staff in my life. Our students are top-ranked athletes and make up one of the most active and positive student governments I have ever seen. They work very, very hard at their academics and just as hard on their fun activities. This is a great school with a wonderful staff and terrific kids!

Hohokam Elementary School
800 N. 9th Street, Coolidge, AZ  85228
Last modified Hohokam Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hohokam Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top